Family

Face time — Photographer Don Busath’s 60 years behind the lens showcased in new exhibit

Comments

• Mary E Petty Sandy, UT
    Jan. 17, 2011 6:47 p.m.

You took my bridal pictures nearly 40 years ago. I am a Busath Girl!! Thanks for capturing that beautiful moment in my life!

• kiaoraguy Provo, UT
    Jan. 17, 2011 7:02 p.m.

Count our family among very contented Busath loyalists

• John Pack Lambert of Michigan Ypsilanti, MI
    Jan. 17, 2011 7:39 p.m.

My grandparents knew the Busaths in California while the Busaths were serving a mission there and were later in the Busaths ward in Salt Lake City.

• Not So Fast Salt Lake City, UT
    Jan. 17, 2011 10:37 p.m.

Busath is a master photographer. Nice feature.

• Tomphoto Bountiful, UT
    Jan. 18, 2011 7:33 a.m.

Thanks for this great article on a master photographer. Being a photographer myself for over 40 years, I have always enjoyed the images produced by Don Busath. I view him in the list of iconic photographers that have recorded the images of Utah since the pioneers first arrived, including; C.R. Savage, George Edward Anderson, George Beard, The Shipler Family, Hal Rumel, Elfie Huntington and Joseph Daniel Bagley stand out in the history of Utah photographers. Enjoy shooting in your retirement years and thanks for recording our history for so many years.

• Camera kid Salt Lake City, Ut
    Jan. 18, 2011 10:23 a.m.

Besides being a legendary photographer, Don is a top of the list "Nice Guy". I've been a competitor and an admirer of his work for almost 35 years. Don is always gracious and kind whenever you are around him. Congratulations Don!

• Rosebyanyothername Home Town USA, UT
    Jan. 18, 2011 10:32 a.m.

I guess I am a late bloomer in several ways. I went back to school after my children were raised. When I finally finished, ten years later, I went to have a portrait at one of Busath's studios in Provo.

My children loved it. I went again last year and agree that the Busath style captures at just the right angle to compliment the subject.

I first went there when I saw some photos done by Busath of an extended family member. I was very impressed at how beautiful they looked and with that special lighting style!! He literally erased the lines and years for me too!

Those portraits are a treasure now especially after that loved one has passed on. It is as if they are still smiling at you from his "photographic eye" in capturing that moment in time, forever. Great work, and talented "artiste!"

• raybies Layton, UT
    Jan. 18, 2011 11:06 a.m.

They're fantastic. They did my wedding photos. Glad the inlaws paid for it, though... not exactly cheap. :)