Utah

Video spoofing Provo stereotypes goes viral on YouTube

Comments

• hapticz New York, NY
    Dec. 9, 2010 3:14 p.m.

this is one of THE funniest ever! Bravo gurls, its better than Dancing With The Stars!

• kiaoraguy Provo, UT
    Dec. 9, 2010 5:06 p.m.

He/She who laughs at themselves is... funny? Great job, girls- it proves nothing ever changes much and thats a good thing

• Travis Burnswell Logan, UT
    Dec. 9, 2010 6:54 p.m.

These guys are totally getting kicked out.

• fanUVU Orem, UT
    Dec. 9, 2010 8:46 p.m.

Someone was offended by the video??? Get a life!!!

• The Dude Abides Salt Lake City, UT
    Dec. 10, 2010 8:56 a.m.

Haven't seen the vid, but 100,000 views on YouTube is hardly "a hit". Viral videos run into the millions of viewers. The video "BMW 1 Series M Coupé. Step 3." has 325,000+ viewers. Guess that's a hit too? More of a "local sensation" for the Utah County folks. Who else would get the joke?

• MrsH Altamont, UT
    Dec. 10, 2010 2:17 p.m.

Oh my gosh, I watched it (several times!) and laughed right out loud.

Hilarious!!

But I agree, if you're not from Utah or if you're not LDS, you probably won't 'get it'.

• dledoux Lebanon, mo
    Dec. 13, 2010 10:30 a.m.

I can't believe that people are offended by this spoof of life at the Y. My son who is sophomore there watched it with me, and I don't know who was laughing louder him or me. I think Divine Comedy did an excellent job. It was funny and I enjoyed watching it. All of my friends that have watched it, have shared it on Facebook because they thought it was hilarious and even BYU alum have laughed at it. Good job!

• EASCCOASTER malden, MA
    Dec. 23, 2010 9:44 a.m.

WOW. As a convert of many years, I never had the BYU experience, but this video is soooooooo funny. It really makes sense to "be of good cheer" in these latter days. I shared it with all of my Mormon pioneer, BYU pals and they go a good laugh too. It's a lighthearted piece of fun. I'm an East coast Italian and when I see commercials about people with "Mario Brothers" moustaches, big noses and speaking broken English, I crack up. C'mon all you BYU cronies, lighten up. This is good clean humor.

• in a handbasket Kearns, UT
    Jan. 5, 2011 2:36 p.m.

Up to over half a million hits. Hilliarious!!!