Utah

Timberwolves sign Sundiata Gaines

Comments

• toddfromsantaana Santa Ana, CA
    Nov. 12, 2010 7:44 p.m.

Good Luck to a great young man who served the Jazz Well while he was here in whatever role asked.

• sammyg Springville, UT
    Nov. 12, 2010 8:37 p.m.

This is good news. Glad he found a home. Good luck 'Diata.

• desertrider Saint George, UT
    Nov. 12, 2010 8:39 p.m.

Still trying to decide why Jazz have Watson, not Sundiata?

• Ak Fan Hamburg, GE
    Nov. 12, 2010 8:40 p.m.

Good news. Good luck.

• toddfromsantaana Santa Ana, CA
    Nov. 12, 2010 9:32 p.m.

I am a big Earl Watson Fan, however, we did not need him. I said we had the best 3 points collectively in the NBA

• panamadesnews Lindon, UT
    Nov. 12, 2010 10:11 p.m.

Hope we do not get burned again as we did when we didn't sign Moe, several years ago. We lost a great point. Appears we made the correct decision with Milsap, but there is no way we could afford to do the same thing with Mathews. Be nice to have him, though. He is doing OK with Portland. Did much better when he played fot the Jazz, probably because he was a starter and had many more minutes. I still think the Jazz players are only tapping a samll portion of their ability. I see GREAT things ahead for the Utah Jazz! Another come from behind win tonight - now 3 of 3 so far on the road, against some of the best of the East. A win tomorrow night in Charlotte would be the icing on the cake, but 3 or 4 would be acceptable. I'm hoping for 4 for 4.

• Bearone Monroe, UT
    Nov. 12, 2010 11:10 p.m.

I am happy for Gaines. He is a class act and did well for the Jazz. Best of luck to him.

• Duds Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 13, 2010 1:09 a.m.

Awesome news. Glad he found a home. Go get'em Yata!! Wish there was room for him here, but he's better off getting minutes with the 'Wolves. That experience is crucial and it's looking like he's already a main backup. Logging 11 minutes on his first game with zero practice.

• Jazz-Nation Lehi, UT
    Nov. 13, 2010 11:47 a.m.

Good luck Gaines, glad you found an NBA job. I know you were 0-4 from the field and 1-2 from the free throw line. 11 minutes 1 pt. performance. A good Point guard finds ways to get assists and get other players involved. Gaines can drive the lane and create contact for himself to get to the line, but rarely finishes. A good PG drives the lane and looks to dish and takes the shot if that is the last option.
    Good luck Gaines, except when you play the Jazz!

• Dolly Sandy, UT
    Nov. 13, 2010 11:56 a.m.

Good luck to Sundiata! I am so happy that he landed with a regular NBA team and didn't have to go back into the D league. Great attitude, good skills, seemingly really nice fellow. I hated to see us lose him and I'll be following his NBA career.