Doug Robinson: Super-hyped showdown becomes epic dud as TCU trounces Utah 47-7

Comments

• sammyg Springville, UT
    Nov. 7, 2010 12:06 a.m.

THUD! A total predicted beat down. Best day of football I've seen for weeks. Actually it was the second game the Utes played all year in my opinion. The earlier games were 'cupcakes'.

Last week was enough to show the vulnerability of the Utes. AFA almost had them. Now it's open season!

• Fed Employee Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Nov. 7, 2010 12:10 a.m.

Say it with me now, hedgehog:

O-ver-ra-ted! *clap**clap**clap**clap**clap*

O-ver-ra-ted! *clap**clap**clap**clap**clap*

• HatedU springville, UT
    Nov. 7, 2010 1:01 a.m.

Come on hedgehog, where art thou? ? ?

Mark it down

Its not the utes last loss...

Mark it down.....

• TJ Eagle Mountain, UT
    Nov. 7, 2010 2:51 a.m.

TCU is a great team. The best thing that happened is some of the haters are nowhere to be found on these articles. The worst is that some others with no class are showing there colors. One loss does not break a season.

• VegasCoug Las Vegas, NV
    Nov. 7, 2010 3:47 a.m.

Give me an E... E!

Give me an X..... X!

Give me a P..... P!

Give me an O..... O!

Give me an S..... S!

Give me an E.... E!

Give me a D.... D!

I guess those Frog legs tasted a little different then that steady diet of cream puffs the Utes were eating all season long, huh?!?!

• mindgames Aurora, CO
    Nov. 7, 2010 4:10 a.m.

Tough loss to a seemingly great TCU team. I hope that a road win against a strong Utah team will generate a few more first place votes.

As a BIG BYU fan I have been impressed with Utah's season and this loss is a setback, but a victory next week against Notre Dame and then another against San Diego State will setup a final MWC loss to BYU.

Here's my future dream for the breakup of BCS and a national cry for playoffs. Utah wins the PAC-12 finishing the season with one loss and playing in the Rose Bowl. Boise State winning the MWC undefeated and playing in the Fiesta Bowl. TCU going undefeated in the Big East and playing for the national championship against an undefeated indepedent BYU and of course BYU winning 57-0.

That should get everybody's attention.

It's just mindgames.

• JapanCougar Apo, AP
    Nov. 7, 2010 4:13 a.m.

No one likes their wounds to be salted, so I'll try to not be rude in my comments.

I was not at all surprised at what I saw from TCU. They have looked dominant for a few seasons now. I knew the Utes were younger and lacked experience on offense, although they have looked good at times this year.
    I was very surprised that the Utes had such a hard time defensively, though. To me, it made BYU's defense look on par with the Utes. I'm still not sure how good Utah really is this year.

We certainly feel the Utes pain (ala TCU v BYU last year).

I look forward to BYU v Utah this year!

Go Cougs!

• OnlyInUtah Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Nov. 7, 2010 5:14 a.m.

Playing powderpuffs hasn't allow the U to discover their true strengths and weaknesses. The team and fans found out the hard way that you need to have some strength in your schedule to have an accurate barometer of how good/bad your team is.

After all the hype about this years team.. this was an embarassment.

• milhouse Atlanta, GA
    Nov. 7, 2010 5:47 a.m.

It's okay, Utah. BYU knows how you feel ('08, '09).

• rlsintx Plano, TX
    Nov. 7, 2010 5:58 a.m.

Very clever Doug on the jersey names....

• Jimmy James Bronx, NY
    Nov. 7, 2010 6:12 a.m.

Congrats to TCU. They absolutely killed us and they deserve all the respect in the world.

However, there is still a silver lining to this dark cloud: The reason why this loss was so disheartening was because prior to this game the Utes had played some pretty good football. Nobody is let down when poor teams get beat. The letdown is because the Utes played well previously, and that's nothing to be ashamed about.

• manutd Milford, CT
    Nov. 7, 2010 6:17 a.m.

you guys are making cougar fans look bad. no reason to gloat. we are still cupcakes mind you.

• #1 Jazz Fan Springville, UT
    Nov. 7, 2010 6:56 a.m.

Gotta say, I called it, the loss, but not the blowout.

It looked exactly like what FSU and TCU did to the Cougs last year.

Lots of hype, lots of letdown.

Now I'm really looking forward to the Holy War match-up; the 2 teams looks pretty comparable.

• Silent Lurker Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Nov. 7, 2010 6:57 a.m.

Well now all the local beat writers and BYU homers can come out! Sure it was a bad game for Utah, and yes they took a shot to their pride, but then who hasn't? They still could be the best team in Utah. And who was it that has been playing in the Vegas bowl the past four years? and what was their record?

• Madden Herriman, UT
    Nov. 7, 2010 7:08 a.m.

Sorry my Utah friends, I know how this one feels (I went to the BYU-TCU game last year). Utah is still having a very good season, has a young team, joins a great conference next year and has a lot to look forward too. Here's hoping the rivalry game is a great one this year, it's a shame they will play in Sept going forward.

• Lone Star Cougar Plano, TX
    Nov. 7, 2010 7:30 a.m.

As a Cougar fan and someone who was hoping for a real exciting game between TCU and U of U, I am very disappointed in the U of U. But, I am not surprised. Texas football on any level far surpasses what Utah and most other states produce. I am not just talking about the quantity of top-level football athletes either. The quality and skills of the Texas athletes are overall better.

The kids in Texas eat, drink, and sleep football and start at a very young age. There are very many private football clubs as well as numerous and well coached little-leagues. Football can be a second religion here. I have seen 20,000 people attend a regular season high-school game and close to 55,000 for playoff games in Texas. Have you heard anything like that anywhere else?

I understand that BYU had that ugly incident with players from Texas, but they just picked bad character athletes. There are MANY high character kids down here that are great players. Colleges in Utah should come and look harder at Texas players when recruiting.

• Sal Provo, UT
    Nov. 7, 2010 7:30 a.m.

Brad Rock says, "Exactly no one saw it coming." After the near loss to AF, lots of people saw it coming. Maybe he meant how wide the margin of loss was. That was a shock.

Whittingham is a good coach. They'll take it out on BYU and get some satisfaction from this.

• CdA Ute Gilbert, AZ
    Nov. 7, 2010 7:34 a.m.

Better overrated than not rated at all! Whats it like to be struggling for a winning or even a .500 season?

• Owl Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 7, 2010 7:36 a.m.

As a Utah grad I was embarrassed by the arrogance and bragging of Ute fans before the TCU game. The assumption of a national championship (quest for perfection under another name) came face to face with reality. Utah is good, but certainly not great. Escaping to the PAC 10 will relieve Utah of losing to TCU and BSU every year.

• ChuckyZ Sherwood, OR
    Nov. 7, 2010 7:42 a.m.

All my teams won on Saturday. That is because one of the opponents did not show up for one of the games.

What a thrashing. I feel like asking for MY money back--from my cable company. I could have been out raking leaves, but, no, for some reason I had to sit there watching this game??? Oh, wo is me. I totally blame myself.

• cvguy Lehi, Utah
    Nov. 7, 2010 7:45 a.m.

Looks the Ute haters who masquerade as BYU fans are out today. I am a Utah fan and they lost to a better team. Utah played bad, TCU played good and Utah needed a good game to have a chance. Utah is still a good team, not top 5 good, but they still have a chance to 12 win good.

• DH48 West Jordan, UT
    Nov. 7, 2010 7:45 a.m.

The results were not very surprising. A look at the numbers showed that Utah ran up those big scores against 4 of the 6 worst defenses in the nation. When a schedule is put together no one knows how good or bad the teams will be but for Utah this year an extremely weak schedule made them look a lot better than they are. This is what the big schools complain about when comparing their records against a Mt West or WAC schedule. We'll see how Utah respond to this beating now.

• Kyle loves BYU/Jazz Provo, UT
    Nov. 7, 2010 7:52 a.m.

Hopefully now the bandwagon Utes will be quiet. I don't mind their real fans but I get tired of hearing ones who have only been around since 2004. Maybe now they will appreciate how special those two undefeated seasons were.

Even Texas, Florida, Alabama, USC etc don't go undefeated and they have all the talent and funding you could ask for. Winning every game just isn't that easy.

Maybe this is too much to expect but could Utah fans now stop making fun of BYU fans for the quest for perfection and national championship talk. You guys were just as bad this year with all the Rose Bowl talk.

One thing is for sure. TCU is not overrated.

• rok San Diego, CA
    Nov. 7, 2010 8:02 a.m.

This is the best article ever written.

• Wid Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Nov. 7, 2010 8:04 a.m.

The game proved clearly the superiority of TCU over Utah. It also clearly awakened wide fantasy among fans of other teams!

• yarrlydarb Ogden, UT
    Nov. 7, 2010 8:05 a.m.

As bad as it was for the Utah yesterday (and remember what Coach Kyle said about it not being as close as the score would indicate), the Utes managed to make an 8-1 season look suddenly more like a losing season than a 4-5.

• Rick for Truth Provo, UT
    Nov. 7, 2010 8:07 a.m.

As a cougar fan I felt sorry for the Utes, I kept wondering if BYU had snuck up to SLC and put on their jerseys and were playing the game for them. You true Ute fans need to stick with your team, show loyalty to them in the lows as well as with them in the highs. Utah is a much better team than they displayed Saturday, they will be back with a vengeance, I am truly grateful BYU is not playing them next week.

• Wid Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Nov. 7, 2010 8:08 a.m.

This is a test to see what word in my previous attempt might have triggered DesNews to reject my comment? Fantasy?

• UtahManDan Providence, UT
    Nov. 7, 2010 8:14 a.m.

Very classy guys!

• B Logan, UT
    Nov. 7, 2010 8:14 a.m.

In Star Wars, it was the sound of millions of souls, crying out in pain, and then being silenced.

Today it is the sound of thousands of 'thuds' and a BUNCH of people falling off the band wagon.

• PK Highsmith Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 7, 2010 8:24 a.m.

They'll still go to the Vegas Bowl. You know, the one they demean when BYU goes. They'll go to the same bowl when they finish fifth in the PAC 12 next year.

• Zorro Bakersfield, CA
    Nov. 7, 2010 8:29 a.m.

Get ready for more of this starting next season! Be careful what you ask for...YOU JUST GOT IT.

• Tequila Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 7, 2010 8:34 a.m.

I think TCU put themselves in position to play for the NC and if so, they will make it. Neither Auburn nor Oregon can beat them and Boise who could possibly beat them won't have the chance. Congratulations to a really great football team. I'm sorry that we won't have an opportunity to get even next year. TCU/Utah has really been great down thru the years, gonna miss you guys. A football fan..

• Go Big Blue!!! Bountiful, UT
    Nov. 7, 2010 8:38 a.m.

It is usually tds that is downing the kool-aid. This season the Utes have been chugging the stuff as they began braging about another BCS bowl, even the NC game.

What a difference a day makes. The MWC looks like a one-horse conference. Too bad that horse is behind the Broncos.

• Lifelong Republican Utah, UT
    Nov. 7, 2010 9:02 a.m.

I read this on cougarboard:

"The camouflage uniforms totally worked. The Utah team completely disappeared!"

It was a tough loss but I don't think even the most die hard ute fans expected a win. They realized their ranking had been grossly exaggerated. Booing your own players was weak. I can see booing a coaches decision not to go for it on 4th down or something like that but booing the players?

Weak.

• Lifelong Republican Utah, UT
    Nov. 7, 2010 9:05 a.m.

It's too bad because the wounded soldier project is a good one but NO ONE will want those jerseys. It will bring back memories of one of the worst beat downs in team history.

• AZCoug Mesa, AZ
    Nov. 7, 2010 9:11 a.m.

My feelings go out to Coach Whittingham and his players. They have worked way too long and hard all season to have it all come to this. I have too much respect for them to feel any other way. I do not have the same feelings and respect for all the fair weather Utah fans that have been puffing themselves up for weeks about a BCS game and possible NC and now where are they? No words of sympathy or encouragement for their team when they are down and hurting. I am looking forward to the final MWC game at Rice-Eccles. I think the door just opened a crack for a good competitive game. Not what I expected a few weeks back. I would love to see a dog fight, blow outs aren't much fun either way.

• wardu Fallon, NV
    Nov. 7, 2010 9:21 a.m.

After the byu and the utah game were over, it would appear that the last game of the year on the hill will be epic.

• Arynen Midvale, UT
    Nov. 7, 2010 9:24 a.m.

I have nothing against Utah. I think they are a great team and have accomplished some great things this last decade, and congratulations to their accomplishments; but the absolute BEST part of this beatdown...

Peace and quiet from the Ute Nation.

It's nice to have it quiet with all the 2010 National Championship chants, "It's a BCS thing, you wouldn't understand" comments, and the arrogance and pride dying back down to reality.

Now that everyone is level-headed again, lets play some football and enjoy the game!!

• TrueBlue Orem, UT
    Nov. 7, 2010 9:26 a.m.

Utah was exposed.

Utah was overrated.

But, Utah is still a good team.

Not as good as some of the red koolaid drinkers on the hill thought, but still a good team.

Even so, the Utes could easily lose the next two games at ND and SDSU if the Utes don't quickly regroup.

And that November 27th matchup with BYU now looks much more interesting.

Time for BYU fans to dial it back a little. Utah's fans needed to be humbled a little after the barrage of arrogance we've seen flowing from the hill since June.

Now that TCU has done that, both fan bases can take a more realistic view of the overall successes of both programs -- the recent success of Utah and the long history of success of BYU.

• Trickeration Cedar Hills, UT
    Nov. 7, 2010 9:33 a.m.

Where are all the Yewt fans?? 12 comments?? That's it?? Pathetic....just like their team. Fans were piling out early in the third quarter? Bring back McBride and Scott Mitchell-it's like the 80's and 90's all over again. Classic.

• Duckhunter American Fork, UT
    Nov. 7, 2010 9:40 a.m.

Actually Doug there were people that saw this coming. Me for one and Whittingham for another. You could see it in Whittinghams post game interview last week after the luck out against Air Force. They hadn't played a sinlge team all year that could be considered "good". The 2 teams they had played that you would consider ok they almost lost and without some luck would have lost.

We know you have some emotional connection with this team and were wearing the crimson colored glasses all ute fans wear but anyone none ute had a pretty good idea that they had ridden an extremely weak schedule to a gaudy record and an unwarranted ranking.

If anything this is simply more evidence of the massive flaws in the ranking system. utah utes are now the poster boys for overhyped and undeserved accolades.

• ezrhino Saratoga Springs, UT
    Nov. 7, 2010 9:40 a.m.

I was actually cheering for the Utes and I think the football team is much better than what they played yesterday. That being said, I couldn't be happier to think of the Utah fans who were completely blind sided by that loss. You always say BYU doesn't show up for big games, and that Utah is sooooo good...lol. Just realize one thing, BYU / Utah fans are all the same and most of them are very obnoxious. I will be chuckling about this game all week.

• helpisontheway Boise, Id
    Nov. 7, 2010 9:46 a.m.

Its not just the fact of the loss, but having Collge game day at the game with all the hype, it was suprising to see the Utes get taken to the woodshed the way they did. Nothing like being exposed on national television as a top 10 fraud. 47 7 was a total beat down that will end all the National Championship asperations.

• Nostradamus Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Nov. 7, 2010 9:52 a.m.

Bad game - really bad game
    Bad playing - really bad playing
    Bad coaching - pretty bad coaching
    Bad crowd - "who boos their own team?"

Good lesson - I bet so (ND may be in for a spanking)
    Good season - 11 and 1 will be
    Great players and coaches - no envy here for the TDS
    Great crowd - for those who stayed and supported

Are there as many BYU trolls as Utah trolls? - you bet!

• Duh west jordan, ut
    Nov. 7, 2010 10:00 a.m.

@CdA Ute.....that is a good question. Utah is very familiar with it, maybe you should ask them? They have been good this decade but endured a lot the previous 3. Yep, your right, BYU has had a few bad years but Utah has felt it too.

• jim l West Jordan, UT
    Nov. 7, 2010 10:11 a.m.

Utah barely beat afa ( the first decent team they played all year). Utah is a good team, but surely not a great team. Too much hype, greatly overated. I believe thay could lose again before the year is out.

• Bottom Line Draper, UT
    Nov. 7, 2010 10:30 a.m.

Bottom line you didn't get respect when you were 10-3 last year without beating anybody and you aren't going to get respect when you finish 10-3 this year without beating anybody.

• NC FROGS 2010 Gilbert, AZ
    Nov. 7, 2010 10:41 a.m.

Frogs WILL win the National Champtionship...MARK IT DOWN!

Ute apologists will hope that they can tell us that they still had a 10-win season and went to the Las Vegas bowl...even though they were exposed yesterday, their schedule is still full of creampuffs...I guess those 10 win seasons aren't that easy after all?

The Pac12 just got a team that has finished 3rd or worse in the MWC seven of the last ten years and possibly for the eighth of eleven? We shall see!

• IFJazzFan Idaho Falls, ID
    Nov. 7, 2010 10:42 a.m.

I'm a huge BYU fan. Love the Utes also. Usually root for the Utes if not playing BYU. I gotta be honest though. This is the first time I have rooted against the Utes. So much hate and vitriol from some of their fans makes you want them to lose. I wish we could all just stop the hateful comment. Now I know no one is gonna care about what I just said.

Utah is a good team. Top 25 for sure but not on the same level as TCU and I knew that before they played. They will kill BYU this year but that doesn't stop me from fantasizing that BYU will win. Good luck.

• thejdog123 Sandy, UT
    Nov. 7, 2010 11:16 a.m.

I have a funny feeling that the Utes might lose to the three church affiliated universities that they play.... First the Christians, then the Catholics, then the Mormons!

• Uteology Fort Worth, Texas
    Nov. 7, 2010 11:49 a.m.

sammyg

-----

Yes it would be if the remaining teams were as good as TCU and AFA but they are not.

Utah can lose the next two, but it will depend on how they come out and respond in South Bend. If the team is half as embarassed as I am then look for them to come out swinging. Utah has more talent and better coaching then the remaining teams. They have three games to prove they are a top 20 team or just medicore or finish 1-3 and be labeled a cupcake.

• utahcountyute Cedar Hills, UT
    Nov. 7, 2010 11:58 a.m.

NC Frog in Gilbert AZ

Or... byu homer making himself look like a tcu fan. hmmmm.

Bottom line...TCU is a great team that played a flawless game.

Utah got worked by the #3 team in the country and they will move on. ND is next, SDSU and then the cougs. Still alot of football left to play and prove that it was only one game.

Utes leave the Yning to others.

Cheers

• Uteology Fort Worth, Texas
    Nov. 7, 2010 12:33 p.m.

Just an observation...

First 10 posts here are from 7 Utah haters 3 BYU fans.

From BYUs first lose: "BYU football: Air Force takes down punchless Cougars"

7 are form BYU haters (I was busy) in the first 10 posts (5 from Chris B and one BSU fan).

Anyway, Utah was exposed like #7 BYU by FSU @LES last year... but I guarantee you that TCU won't finish 7-5.

Also, another observation about arrogance yes some Utes were, which is the same amount of people that showed up to celebrate at Provo Airport for a 1-0 team.

Conclusion, "magic happens" at BYU as well as Utah.

• sammyg Springville, UT
    Nov. 7, 2010 1:01 p.m.

Uteology... you're in denial and that's understandable after the beat down from yesterday.

I'm sure all three teams will be gunning for the Utes to continue the beatings. I think the stage is set for a great game on Nov 27th. thus my comment of 'open season'

BYU performed better against UNLV and TCU than your precious Utes. Whether or not that converts to the end of November remains the great mystery.

In the meantime the psychological pendulum has swung to the underdog. ND, SDSU and my beloved BYU all have the potential to squash another cupcake.

All the 'more talent and better coaching' doesn't mean squat if the team doesn't show up. Geewiz, what a train wreck yesterday, an embarassment to say the least AND on nat'l tv. Where was the Mtn. when we needed them to minimize coverage?

Face it brother, your team is now officially a cupcake, just like every other MWC team. Welcome to the club!

The nice thing is that you can choose your flavor or brand... Twinkie, Ding Dong, Snackcake, etc.

Still think next year is all Rose's as in Rose Bowl. Think Vegas baby!

• Laser North Liberty, IA
    Nov. 7, 2010 1:23 p.m.

The state came to a standstill? Hardly! 60,000 fans plus were celebrating in Provo!

This past week showed the most hyperbolic reporting ever. This game was no where close to the biggest event since the olympics. However, this was the biggest THUD is the state EVER!! Once SL Tribune reporter said Utah football was akin to SEC football...the grossest exaggeration ever. She compared it to her 2000 visit to the BYU/Utah game in 2000 in Provo. Dead, no excitement...Memo to this reporter...the game was in SALT LAKE!

Utah fans were full of themselves, arrogant, demeaning, crude and well deserving of the best whooping I've seen in years! Cream puff schedules don't pay off!

Thanks TCU!!

• DEW Cougars Sandy, UT
    Nov. 7, 2010 2:46 p.m.

Boy did I missed a good game up at the hill. Well, I had a good time fishing at Strawberry Reservoir.

Hedgehog and Chris B. where are you?

• Veritas Aequitas Fruit Heights, UT
    Nov. 7, 2010 4:04 p.m.

Uteology thinks the Utes couldn't run the table "if the remaining teams were as good as TCU and AFA but they are not."

SDSU has one conference loss. That is better than AFA, and BYU beat SDSU (who has no room to worry about officiating after how they beat CSU last night, for those who watched it).

Uteology, the branch of psychology where Ute delusion counts more than logic, doesn't see that SDSU, and BYU could send the Utes packing in 4th place (behind SDSU, TCU, and BYU).

It's not a stretch. If BYU can keep improving, and the Utes continue quitting, the PAC will usher in next year a 4th place mid-major football team (OK, so they are used to third place, but this is a down year for Utah) and a basketball team that is not worthy of CBI.

Just eat your crow. You have earned it, you deserve it, and stop whining.

I was in the stadium for the Harline TD.

I love RES. It can be the quietest place if you just want to contemplate life.

Better let the classy Utes do the speaking from now on (unless you enjoy crow).

• l. Rae Taylorsville, UT
    Nov. 7, 2010 4:51 p.m.

1. Utah played terrible yesterday, even embarrassingly. That's the first time I remember them embarrassing their fans, whereas the rival down South has embarrassed the entire state in bowl games.
    2. Coverage I watched showed players & coaches admitting the loss was their fault. That shows real class. Down South after a loss coaches & players talk about what others did wrong. And I thought they would be better than that, as the Church teaches better values than that.
    3. Sorry to say, but I am disgusted by the headlines each week about Utah's games. For Utah wins, wording is tweaked and minimizes the win. And today on the FRONT PAGE of the entire paper: IT WAS SO BAD... But it's just a game. So, it's not as bad as losing a job. The title also says "superhyped". Whose fault is that? The DN wins again! The coach's picture was poor taste. I hoped that in representing the owner of the DN, writers would also observe Church teachings.
    A little less gloating, hmmm, for those of us Utah fans who're also LDS? Or are good morals worth less than more readers?

• Ripandstrip Woods Cross, UT
    Nov. 7, 2010 7:56 p.m.

BYU played TCU alot better than Utah did and that was in Fort Worth (31-3). I think the Cougs are finally starting to get it together and the Utes looked bad in this game. By the way I am not sure why Wynn was not benched in the 2nd half he looked like a 4th grader throwing the ball. I think the Holy War is going to be MUCH CLOSER THAN EXPECTED!

• Pat Sandy, UT
    Nov. 7, 2010 8:38 p.m.

I am a BYU fan but I support Utah in their games. I am sure Utah will bounce back from this loss and I wish them the best.

• SyracuseCoug Syracuse, ut
    Nov. 7, 2010 10:14 p.m.

Even if Wynn deserved to be benched, he didn't deserve the treatment he received from the boo-bird fans, he's been a great QB and took it all with his chin up. Pretty bush-league if you ask me, he deserves better from U nation.

• MichiganCoog Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Nov. 7, 2010 11:50 p.m.

Still a few Ute slappies that think that they'll finish the season 11-1. I do think that Utah will win in South Bend next week, because the Irish are horrible, just like the utes other 8 opponents prior to TCU. One thing is for sure, SDSU is licking their collective chops for Utah to come down to San Diego in 2 weeks, as is BYU for the last game. If BYU can finish off CSU and UNM in convincing fashion, Utah fan beware...The statistical differences between what BYU did against TCU and UNLV, and what Utah did is night and day different...Combining yardage for both TCU and UNLV against BYU defense vs. what Utah's defense mustered was amazingly different: BYU gave up 525 total yards to Utah's 877 to the same 2 opponents...yes, not necessarily an apples to apples comparison when you factor all the other opponents...I like a 6-5 BYU's chances against an 8-3 Utah team on 11/27. After all the sad experience earlier on this season for BYU, could very well go out in style w/ a 6-2 conference record...We'll see!

• EJM Herriman, UT
    Nov. 8, 2010 12:13 p.m.

Utah is favored by 5.5 against Notre Dame. It is going to be covered easily and then some. Notre Dame is way down this year and the Utes have some respect and pride to get back. GO UTES!

• morpunkt Glendora, CA
    Nov. 8, 2010 9:11 p.m.

Quest for the Vegas bowl.