Utah Utes football rolled by TCU 47-7

Comments

• Cali Coug Visalia, CA
    Nov. 6, 2010 3:33 p.m.

Come on Yewets! Counting on you to step it up in the 2nd half.

• AZSouthCougar Sierra Vista, AZ
    Nov. 6, 2010 3:34 p.m.

3 turn overs and counting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• AZSouthCougar Sierra Vista, AZ
    Nov. 6, 2010 3:35 p.m.

No BCS for U!!!!!!!!!!!!

• DixieRebelsForever! SLC, Utah
    Nov. 6, 2010 3:47 p.m.

Utes have a good young team who have dominated a weak schedule. TCU has a good, senior leiden team tha has played a moderately challenging schedule. I guess the difference is 30-0 in the third. This will probably good for the Utes in the long run. (It will also be good for those of us who are tired of hearing from the obnoxious U fans. Not saying ALL U fans are obnoxious. Most are OK. But the Obnoxious ones are REALLY obnoxious.)

• Balan West Jordan, Utah
    Nov. 6, 2010 3:50 p.m.

Wow - on national TV no less with ESPN in town. Not a very good showing. That is what happens when you play the 100th worst schedule in the country and then start thinking you are "national champion" material.

It definitely gives us so perspective as to how good the Utes really are AND how good TCU probably is.

I thought the Utes would win, although it pained me to say so. However, knowing that the ever-growing arrogant Utah fan base is EATING CROW today is, well, GREAAAAAAT.

Go Cougars!

• #1 Jazz Fan Springville, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 3:50 p.m.

C'mon Utah!

Even BYU put 3 points on the frogs! You can do better!

• IMDABOMB Cedar City, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 3:50 p.m.

Wow... look what happens when Utah finally plays a good team. Totally exposed. No defense.. TCU is making the Utah secondary look like children. And Wynn is a complete joke under pressure.

This should be just the thing to bring the Utes back to reality... a 56-7 shutout...

hahahaha the #5 ranking is a fluke. Owed to the cupcake schedule the Utes had. The only bright spot is the UTE D-line. Still... Not impressed.

• Duckhunter American Fork, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 3:51 p.m.

Can you say overrated? This is pitiful. I think Whittingham had a feeling this was coming. Last week after they barely squeaked it out against A.F. in the post game interview you could see it in his eyes. He knows they aren't that good and just benefitted from a terrible schedule loaded up with pathetic teams.

The only two teams they played that could be considered ok were Pitt and A.F. and they barely won them. Frankly they lucked out in both of them.

They have been exposed and should drop to the bottom of the top 25. After losses to N.D. and possibly even SDSU and BYU they won't be sniffing the top 25 at all.
    What an ebarrassing performance.

• DC Alexandria, VA
    Nov. 6, 2010 3:52 p.m.

OVERRATED! Add that to the words on the backs of their jerseys. I guess that's what happens when the Utes finally play a good team. 37 - 0? Even BYU put up 3 on them in Ft. Worth.

• SyracuseCoug Syracuse, ut
    Nov. 6, 2010 3:52 p.m.

Wow, TCU is one awesome team, no shame Utes, TCU should be playing for NC if they keep this up.

I actually have hope for the BYU/Utah game now.

• CdA Ute Gilbert, AZ
    Nov. 6, 2010 3:57 p.m.

So this is what it feels like to play like YBU. Icky.

• Cats Provo, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 4:00 p.m.

Come on, you guys. Let's not be so petty. As a loyal cougar, I am cheering for the Utes. I hope they can pull it out.

• RobSing Minneapolis, MN
    Nov. 6, 2010 4:03 p.m.

Why so much trash on Utah? I'd rather have one loss than three like byu has. what gives?

• BYU Student Provo, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 4:09 p.m.

Hahahahaha! Oh man. Crow is so tasty, ain't it Utes?

• Flame of the West The OC, CA
    Nov. 6, 2010 4:24 p.m.

THUD!!!

it's a great day to be a coug!!

BYU NC 1
    UTE NC 0

• Old Timer the boonies, mexico
    Nov. 6, 2010 4:28 p.m.

Well, well it looks like QB Wynn got his wish! This is nothing more than a prelude to next season and many after that. And to think about basketball-well thats sad as well. Just remember the good old days ute fans, because that may be your claim to fame. 40-7?

• UtahBlueDevil Durham, NC
    Nov. 6, 2010 4:35 p.m.

I am both former Cougar and Ute, and as much as I hate to say this, this game is rather satisfying with all the big headedness from the Ute fans all year. I think the best term to describe today is EXPOSED.

Get used to it Ute nation. You wanted to play with the big boys, well this is a preview of days to come. Not saying the program can't rise to the challenge. But it isn't going to be the coming out party you all have envisioned.

I hope my fellow Utes will show a little more constraint going forward. We struggled with Air Force, and got our you-know-whats handed to us today.... not much bragging is needed.

• CdA Ute Gilbert, AZ
    Nov. 6, 2010 4:35 p.m.

Cougs are feeling a bit frisky today for being 4-5. You may have 1984, but we have 1944! That's relevance!

• AFCoug Colorado Springs, CO
    Nov. 6, 2010 4:37 p.m.

Wow! Honestly having watched the AF Ute game last week this was pretty much a sure lose. Take away AF fumbles after 2 long passes and the Utes lose that one as well. They just are not that good and have been blessed by a patty cake schedule. ND beats them and if BYU continues to improve, who knows? Just not that scary anymore are they. Utes may not win again. BYU to the Las Vegas bowl yet again!

• Remember when St George, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 4:42 p.m.

the Cougars lost and lost and lost. Let's be classier than our neighbors to the North. This is a tough day for the Utes.

• Bear6 West Jordan, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 4:45 p.m.

Holy Cow Utes. TCU putting their 2nd, 3rd, 4th string in and you still have no success. Not a good showing today.

• wwookie Payson, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 4:46 p.m.

TCU was impressive and the Utes were ... well, they shot themselves in the foot too many time.

TCU won the game and Utah blew themselves out!

an undefeated tcu deserves to play oregon in the nc

Utah, the season is far from over. a big bowl game is still on the schedule.

• cougar76 Provo, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 4:55 p.m.

BYU scores 55 and win. Newts score 7 and lose big. The football world is back in order.

• Cougs4Life Gilbert, AZ
    Nov. 6, 2010 4:56 p.m.

All the Utes can hope for now is MAYBE the Las Vegas bowl (if they will take you), that will be sweet to listen to all the UTE apologists try and tell us what a great honor it is to go there...hahahaha

• Basement Dweller Prather, CA
    Nov. 6, 2010 4:57 p.m.

I thought I might make it out of moms today. But next week I will surely feel good enough bout myself to start looking for an apartment. Hmm when does basketball start? Can I show my face when that starts? Go Utes.

• Duckhunter American Fork, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 4:57 p.m.

Boy Wynn sure looked good today huh? LOL I guess he has been exposed much like his team.

• mindgames Aurora, CO
    Nov. 6, 2010 5:00 p.m.

Tough loss to a seemingly great TCU team. I hope that a road win against a strong Utah team will generate a few more first place votes.

As a BIG BYU fan I have been impressed with Utah's season and this loss is a setback, but a victory next week against Notre Dame and then another against San Diego State will setup a final MWC loss to BYU.

Here's my future dream for the breakup of BCS and a national cry for playoffs. Utah wins the PAC-12 finishing the season with one loss and playing in the Rose Bowl. Boise State winning the MWC undefeated and playing in the Fiesta Bowl. TCU going undefeated and playing for the national championship angainst an undefeated indepedent BYU and of course BYU winning 57-0.

That should get everybody's attention.

It's just mindgames.

• hedgehog Ann Arbor, MI
    Nov. 6, 2010 5:01 p.m.

TCU looked bigger, faster and simply a more veteran than the Utes. Totally dominated in ever aspect of the game.

Yes, it a appears the Utes have been over rated - Nuff said.

I'll be at the ND game next week and what I'm really hoping to see is some maturity after a setback.

A season to be prowed is still in reach. I'm sure the Utes will bounce back.

• ChuckyZ Sherwood, OR
    Nov. 6, 2010 5:02 p.m.

Which way did they go?

The way they were all talking, you would have thought Utah was going to win 82-0.

Holy smokes you Ute talkers.

• football43 Morgan, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 5:07 p.m.

Cougar fans lets show a little class. We are in no condition to pile on. The Cougars have accomplished very little including today. The Utes will get a decent bowl game, maybe even a BCS if they run the table.

• moodyblue77 Provo, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 5:13 p.m.

Too bad. I guess wishing does not make it so.

No more top 20, no more BCS, no more chance to win the conference, another wasted season.

Bring on the PAC 12!

• Jimmy James Bronx, NY
    Nov. 6, 2010 5:14 p.m.

Congrats TCU. You just beat us in every aspect of the game from start to finish. I hope you get the chance to play for it all and prove to everyone in the nation what a great team you are.

Utes, hard loss, but, you're still a good team with some good teams left on our schedule. Lets pick it up, learn from our mistakes, and play some football!

• promdate Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 5:15 p.m.

Why are there BYU comments on this story? Did Utah play BYU today? Are we in the same conference anymore after this year? Hmmmmmmm...weird that most these comments are about BYU...

Rough game Utes! Gah! Thanks for all the other wins so far this season.

p.s. I think all the fans from the Ron McBride years are just happy with a winning season...being a Ute fan hasn't always been easy. :)

• poyman Lincoln City, OR
    Nov. 6, 2010 5:16 p.m.

Wow, this one went right down to the opening kick-off....

If only TCU wouldn't have pulled Dalton, what ended up being a 6 TD game would have probably been a 9 or 10 TD game. Looks like they will have two games in San Diego again this year afterall.

• MESOUTE Albany, NY
    Nov. 6, 2010 5:16 p.m.

That was a sorry site. TCU exposed us in every aspect and meaning of the term. I am very dissapoiinted with the lack of fight and the lack of concentration. Bad bad showing. If that is what the play book looks like when it is opened up, perhaps we should have kept it shut. Enjoy this cougar fans, we know you are loving it. Still, we didn't lose to Logan State. Hoping for a better showing next week at South Bend and beyond.

• DaveKnowsWhatsUp Bloomington, IN
    Nov. 6, 2010 5:17 p.m.

excuse me while I act like a Ute fan for a minute.

47-7, really? I thought you guys were like BCS bound or something like that.

I'm gonna be laughing all week long.

Some of you wonder why all the trash, it's because we get it all year long.

It's a great day to be a Cougar!

• Warrik Mapleton, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 5:18 p.m.

I'm really surprised at how easily TCU scored against the Utes. My pre-game prediction was TCU by 10, but from the looks of the game, the Utah players had been spending too much time listening to the "geniuses" on sports radio who were all ready to buy thier tickets to watch the U in the Rose Bowl, and they forgot that they actually had to play the game. Props to TCU for proving that they are a great team, and i hope they end up playing in the national championship game (against Boise State would be wonderful since it would be a slap in the face to the BCS)

• Utes Fan Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 5:19 p.m.

I have been telling my Ute fan friends this week that TCU would win. They acted like I was an unfaithful spouse.

Utah was out played, out ran, out muscled, out performed, out prepared, out manned, out coached, and, sadly out-classed.

When the Ute fans started booing Jordan Wynn, I was really disappointed. Classless. I am sure BYU fans will quickly agree, but we don't care what they think.

I am not confident that playing at Notre Dame, at San Diego and even with BYU at home are games Utah can win. They could drop one or more of those games.

If Utah is going to compete on a national level, they will have to do better. If Utah is going to win a Rose Bowl in the PAC-12 they will have to do better against top-notch teams as TCU. I can only hope this game is a wake-up like the 27-0 loss to UNLV in 2007. Utah is good, but they can be better.

This game forces Ute fans to get their heads out of the clouds. Utah is still a good team. Let's cheer them on!

• spudman Cottonwood, AZ
    Nov. 6, 2010 5:19 p.m.

Got some stats for everyone to think about.

BYU vs. TCU
    Dalton passing 24-36, 273 yds
    Rushing Yards:108
    Total yards:381
    TOP: 35:44
    First Downs:23
    Final Score:31-3

Utah vs. TCU
    Dalton passing 21-26, 355 yds
    Rushing yards:177
    Total yards:558
    TOP: 39:06
    First Downs:23
    Final Score: 47-7

And Utah is better than BYU? In this case...
    Things that make you go Hmmmm....
    Just something to consider.

• VegasCoug Las Vegas, NV
    Nov. 6, 2010 5:20 p.m.

Can you say... E-X-P-O-S-E-D

• Over the Top Rigby, ID
    Nov. 6, 2010 5:21 p.m.

I think all the Ute fans are off having a double-helping of humble pie. Eat up!!

Great game for TCU! They had the momentum from the first drive.

• Uteology Fort Worth, Texas
    Nov. 6, 2010 5:22 p.m.

Hats off to TCU.

Utah is overrated. We are not worthy to be on the same field as TCU. Utah is not a top 25 team. Good teams don't get embarrassed like this at home.

To take a beating like that at home is unacceptable. This how it felt back in the 80s when BYU would come in @RES and throttle us.

Really, really disappointed with our defense.

Wynn looked and played like Heaps. Against WY you can play like this and win but you'll get "exposed" against great teams. What worse is next year he'll be playing good teams almost weekly. Not good.

Again congrats to TCU.

• BYUBrasilFan Kearns, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 5:28 p.m.

It's beginning to look like the BYU - Utah game will be a contest after all.

• footballfan11 salt lake city, Utah
    Nov. 6, 2010 5:35 p.m.

Now that Utah has rejoined reality, they need to figure out a way to beat BYU so that they can secure the Las Vegas Bowl!!!

• ego Laie, HI
    Nov. 6, 2010 5:36 p.m.

To all the gloating Cougs.....Class is when you support your rival.

The Utes were outplayed by a very good team. The better Utah does the more recognition BYU gets. The same is true for the Utes.

In the end, it is probably better for both schools that TCU won in that they will probably have the best chance of getting into the National Championship game than either BSU or UofU (would have).

Cmon Cougs....have some class.

• yankee doodle Layton, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 5:37 p.m.

How come the blackout didn't help? that is scary right?

• Tommy2Shoes Lehi, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 5:40 p.m.

Wish the Utes had performed better at home. TCU looked great. We Cougars can enjoy our win over a very weak UNLV. I take no solace in the pain the Utes are feeling. We both need to keep winning.

• SoCalUtahFan Utesville, CA
    Nov. 6, 2010 5:42 p.m.

Although I am very disappointed--Utah is a better team than it showed. But I will give credits to TCU.
    TCU is an excellent team that deserves a NC game.
    TCU beat Utah, Utah did not beat itself--though dropped passes, missed tackles hurt Utah early.

The season is not over. Utah still has 3 games left. I am still a Utes fan. I still love this team.

Go Utes, pick yourselves up, keep your heads high and win the next 4 games!

• alternate Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 5:44 p.m.

Dear Mr Sorensen, You know all about the Sports Illustrated Jinx, well know what, you are guilty of The DNews Jinx. All that Trifecta junk you put out this week. Everyone's head started getting bigger and bigger as the week went on.

You should know better. The Utes are a good team, but their schedule was not. Too much we are the greatest! Well they are against lower level teams.

Same thing happened to BYU last year. Too much of the big head stuff and then back to reality when Florida State came to town.

Who ever setup Utah's schedule of 7 cream puff games to open the season really did the team an injustice. They were not ready for TCU because they had not played anyone decent the whole year. Air Force was close last week but they were down because of injurties to key players.

So bottom line, Mike your reporting this week was an injustce to all Utah fans everywhere. Had Utah beaten TCU then your Rose Bowl this year story may have been appropriate. This coming week. Certainly not last. Perhaps you're the jinx!!

• Marked it Down Park City, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 5:45 p.m.

NC UTES 2010

Marked it down!

Utes 2010 national cupcake champions!

Congratulations!

Enjoy a little crow with those cupcakes.

• Uteology Fort Worth, Texas
    Nov. 6, 2010 5:45 p.m.

@Jimmy
    I would disagree Utah is not a good team. I said this last year about BYU:

"Top 10 teams don't get exposed at home"

Twice @LES and today at @RES.

Sorry we looked and played like a cupcake today. I can handle losing but being manhandled on your own turf, now that's just embarrassing.

Utah has a lot to prove with 3 games remaining.

Go Utes!!

• live_simply Tooele, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 5:45 p.m.

The ute lost today. But you also need to think the utes are a young team. Tcu had a senior qb and almost all of it team back from the bcs bowl last year. I think it is going to be hard to beat the the top 4 teams in the nation. All four are so much more talented and any four deserve to play for the nc. And the utes were not suppose to do anything this year. And you can only play the game you get. Cant help if the other teams having a down year. But it will be good for both byu and utah to get out of the mwc.

• LKA Tremonton, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 5:46 p.m.

I guess it is always easy to serve the crow. For some condolance TCU might end up as national champs.. I don't see any flaws in their team..

• Ted H. Midvale, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 5:47 p.m.

Ok Yewties,

We all know Utah is still much better than byu this year.

But we also know that you yewties have enjoyed every byu loss(don't lie, I was at an early u game when it was announced byu had just lost and the crowd cheered louder than any time I heard that day.

so yes - we will enjoy this yewtah loss as you have enjoyed byu losses.

Please don't act self rigtheous and pretend you havent.

Again, I still yewtah has a very good team(and much better than byu's), but YES I did enjoy this loss as you have enjoyed all of byu's.

• ByeByeUtes West Jordan, Utah
    Nov. 6, 2010 5:48 p.m.

A sample of things to come. All the talk about how Utah will be in the Rose Bowl next year is A JOKE. I little bit of humble pie would serve Ute fans well.

And radio commentators blaming the coaches???? Give me a break. Now I realize that the head coach, offensive coordinator and defensive coordinator all played for BYU, but there is no conspiracy theory here. Play this game 10 times and Utah gets smacked 10 times. Bottom line is that TCU is better than the U - plain and simple.

Kudos to Gunther for calling it like it is. It is all about talent and the best team won today (and would win tomorrow and the next day and the next day and the next day, etc. etc. etc.)

Utah is simply not as good as all Ute fans think they are.

• carpediem Holladay, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 5:48 p.m.

TCU's offensive line gave Dalton all day to throw, and made running the ball a lot easier for them. The Utes never established a running game, and were forced to go 3rd and long too many times.

• Sports Nutz Smithfield, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 5:50 p.m.

For the ybu fans that actually think that "now the y vs. Utah game will be a game?" No chance, you guys got thumped by UTAH STATE and will get thumped by Utah. This years ybu team is the worst in years.

• hedgehog Ann Arbor, MI
    Nov. 6, 2010 5:53 p.m.

Hats off to TCU.

Utah was simply overpowered by a better team. Utah didn't show up and looked frustrated.

Not like a Kwhitt team. Players, coaches and fans should be sick out this...

• eagle Provo, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 5:55 p.m.

When the U came out with those uniforms I knew the Utes were in trouble. TCU didn't use camouflage uniforms to make their statement, they just played ball and that was that.

• wardu Fallon, NV
    Nov. 6, 2010 5:55 p.m.

Beware of pride

• Bottom Line Draper, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 5:59 p.m.

I would like to buy a shirt that says bushwacked, thumped, overrated, irrelevant. If you looked up the word overrated you would find a picture of the Utah 2010 football team.

• nothegame Saratoga Springs, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 6:02 p.m.

They could play TCU 50 times and TCU would win all of them. I'm a big Ute fan but come on. I thought they had some athletes guess not but TCU sure does. Not that it would have made a difference but i thought coach Wit, would be fair with his players. If Cain played like Wynn played they would have pulled him in a New York second.Wynn i still have not seen you play a good game but one in your career.

• Northwest Coug Pasco, WA
    Nov. 6, 2010 6:03 p.m.

Ego:

There is no rule that says I have to support my rival. Class is simply being civil. Most Ute fans show little class so I can I can take plenty of joy out of this beatdown!

With Ute fans back to reality, we can all look forward to a relevant BYU-Utah game!

• BleedCougarBlue Enid, OK
    Nov. 6, 2010 6:07 p.m.

Well, my little yewtie friends....

BYU won big, big, big and your yewts got crushed. "Destroyed", might be more like it.

Yep, seems like 'ol times to me!....

Go Cougars!

• rlsintx Plano, TX
    Nov. 6, 2010 6:07 p.m.

I'm a cougar fan, but know the u has a great program and will come back with fire in their eyes.....

• Go Big Blue!!! Bountiful, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 6:07 p.m.

Now lets hear all of the Ute fans claim TCU should be in the NC game since they were able to destroy the U. The same arguement was made last year and we all watched Boise thump TCU.

I suggest the U was way over-rated and that we still do not know how good the Frogs are.

The best result of today's game is the deafening silence coming from the crazed Ute fans. Nice!

• Flame of the West The OC, CA
    Nov. 6, 2010 6:10 p.m.

The blackout looked really impressive...coach kyle was impressive with his show of true sportsmanship at the end of the game...

There...I tried to show a little class...really, really hard to do after a long season of very classless ute fans.

• SportsFan Orem, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 6:12 p.m.

I had my suspicions coming into this game that all of the hype about this Utah team was more a product of a weak schedule than a great team.

I felt all along that TCU was a much better team, but that Kyle might be able to work a little more of his 2008 magic to pull out a close game at home.

As it turns out, what many of us have suspected all season was proven true, that Utah had built some impressive stats and an undefeated season against a horribly weak schedule, 98th worst in the country.

Utah vs UNLV 38-10
    BYU vs UNLV 55-7

TCU at UNLV 48-6

Utah vs TCU 7-47
    BYU at TCU 3-31

Despite the disparity in records, the chasm between Utah and BYU football 2010 just narrowed to a small crack.

Unless TCU stumbles and doesn't get into a BCS bowl, the Utes are almost certain to play their last game as a member of the MWC in the bowl the Utes have spent the last 5 years making fun of...

the Las Vegas Bowl!

How ironic.

• Anti Bush-Obama Washington DC, MD
    Nov. 6, 2010 6:16 p.m.

TCU

Getting to a BCS game is one thing but actually winning a BCS game is another thing. Hope you don't choke like you did last year to the over rated donkeys.

• Hellooo Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 6:17 p.m.

Tough disappointing day for the Utes. But, the team has accomplished a lot this season and can still make this a very good year with three more wins. Good luck Utes.

• MichiganCoog Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 6:18 p.m.

OVER-RATED...OVER-RATED...Playing cupcakes is the reason UTES got so highly rated...but no more. Here's a stat to chew on UTES...BYU had TCU shutdown to 3 pts, going into the half, on the road, then self-destructed. Even though BYU lost by 28 pts, keeping TCU to their lowest yardage output at 381 yds on the season, and was on the road. They were only up 17-3 going into the 4th quarter. I'm going out on a limb and will say the game in SLC in 3 weeks is a winnable game for BYU...Then, compare BYU's thrashing of UNLV vs. Utah's is night and day difference. After seeing how really bad Utah got exposed today, Notre Dame could put on a hurting and definitely SDSU will wipe-up the floor w/ the Utes. My prediction for Utes and Coogs records coming in on 3 weeks, is UTES 8-3 and reeling, and BYU 6-5 and rolling...could be a fun experience sending the utez to Las Vegas, and the PAC-12 with their whittle tails between their leggies....

• Rock Calgary, Alberta
    Nov. 6, 2010 6:19 p.m.

Tasty meal of baked crow and humble pie for dessert.

Gee, Utes, some of you are complaining about our sportsmanship about your loss. You need to remember the horrible sportsmanship you afford the Y when we lose. (And, yes, we already know we have lost a lot this season.) But today, you got blown away and it was our turn to do some blowing away. Feels good to win, huh.

• Anti Bush-Obama Washington DC, MD
    Nov. 6, 2010 6:22 p.m.

Duckhunter

Do you actually believe Utah will lose to cupcakes like BYU and Notre Dame. No Way. BYU is garbage their program is garbage and they are notre dame wannabes. Your sorry team can beat up on conference teams but when you play a non conference teams like Utah State you pee in your pants. Until you beat TCU and have a winning schedule you don't have the right to call anybody overrated.

• Fashion Police Olympus Cove, Utah
    Nov. 6, 2010 6:26 p.m.

Embarrassing!

Utah played as ugly as their uniforms.

Utah should have auctioned their jerseys off BEFORE the game to raise money for the Fallen Heroes.

Now, those jerseys are about as valuable as The Quest t-shirts.

• Real Bass Idaho Falls, ID
    Nov. 6, 2010 6:26 p.m.

Hey utes, looks like the vegas bowl for u. Get used to it because that is wherer the middle of the pac goes. For u the bcs is just bs from now on!

• ute-chute Beverly Hills, CA
    Nov. 6, 2010 6:26 p.m.

It would have been cool if Utah's only touchdown had made it in the endzone.

In reality, Utah was shutout.

Comments directed at the Utah fans who have been delusional all year.

All this barking, and BYU played TCU better in Fort Worth than Utah did in SLC.

A blackout during the day? Nice planning.

The eyes of the nation were on the Utes, and they got smashed in their own home.

How is the whole National Championship thing doing for ya?

Wake me up when Utah beats a good team.

And, when Utah loses to SDSU and BYU, they will be third in the MWC... Again.

Wow, no matter how the Utah fans bark like BIG puppies, they are still just little puppies.

So, predicting a Ute loss just makes everyone a bitter, jealous zoob?

What does the actual loss do?

• RichDaddy Logan, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 6:30 p.m.

Still looking for that quality win I see. What a bunch of pretenders. Welcome to the Las Vegas bowl.

Oh, and by the way, the Pac-10 is looking a little more difficult now, ain't it.

My prediction. Utah will not find its way to a BCS bowl for at least 10 years. Just take a look how ASU and Arizona have fared since joining.

• Oner Code Snowflake, AK
    Nov. 6, 2010 6:32 p.m.

According to NC Utes 2010, you'll still be playing in the NC game. We're supposed to mark it down right? Who will your opponent be I wonder?

• hedgelog Idaho Falls, ID
    Nov. 6, 2010 6:34 p.m.

furst notcupcake and you get rocked! Impostors!

• Oner Code Snowflake, AK
    Nov. 6, 2010 6:36 p.m.

If overrated hadn't thrown the pick to irrelevant in the opening moments of the game, I think the U would have won. Pretty uni's boys. When you join the pac12, will you have pink trim as well?

• Beaver Springville, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 6:38 p.m.

8-3 on it's way before you can say Black's Beach. Get prepared. The 7-5 Cougs will on your doorstep to make it 8-4.

• OlpuebloguyInWyo Evanston, WY
    Nov. 6, 2010 6:39 p.m.

Hey spudman....include the BYU game was away and TCU at Ewetah....maybe....just maybe.

• footballfan11 salt lake city, Utah
    Nov. 6, 2010 6:39 p.m.

Not only did Utah embarrass the entire state today, but BYU still has scoreboard on them thanks to Max Hall and Andrew George.

• Snack PAC Olympus Cove, Utah
    Nov. 6, 2010 6:41 p.m.

I opened the Rivals boxscore of the TCU-Utah game and broke out laughing at ad in the upper right corner next to the box score:

SALT LAKE CITY
    1-DAY
    DEALS

The picture next to the text:

A great big chocolate cupcake with light blue icing!

• Yo Kearns, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 6:41 p.m.

RE: Sports Nutz @ 5:50 p.m. Nov. 6, 2010

It's all about momentum. BYU made some changes and are improving. All I have seen from the Utes in the last two weeks is that they are going downhill.

• Wallbanger Spanish Fork, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 6:47 p.m.

Wow.. I'm just so surprised that 90% of these comments are from Y-ner fans. Yes my Utes got destroyed today, but I'm sure they will bounce back from this in a huge way. And sorry ybU fans, if you think that you have any chance against Utah this year, you are sadly mistaken. They will most definitely have some major vengeance and motivation to beat everyone left on their schedule after this beat down. I'm more disappointed in how big the loss rather than the loss itself. Still love the Utes, come back boys and win the rest of your schedule. GO UTES!!

• PAC man Anaheim, CA
    Nov. 6, 2010 6:50 p.m.

Anti Bush-Obama

O-V-E-R-R-A-T-E-D!

Based on what we've seen the last three weeks, Utah could easily lose 2 or even all 3 of their remaining games.

Utah just wet themselves in front of the biggest national audience RES has seen since the 2002 Olympics.

• Pete Queen Creek, AZ
    Nov. 6, 2010 6:50 p.m.

Shoot. I predicted 49-21. I gave the Utes more credit then they deserved apparently. See what happens when you play a GOOD team.

• NevadaCoug Overton, NV
    Nov. 6, 2010 6:56 p.m.

Re: ego | 5:36 p.m. Nov. 6, 2010
    Laie, HI

"To all the gloating Cougs.....Class is when you support your rival. "

Exhibit A: Thursday, October 16, 2008: TCU defeats a 9th ranked, 6-0 BYU squad 32-7. Utah fans immediately jump on and cry "overrated." They then proceed to laugh it up.

Exhibit B: Saturday, October 24, 2009: TCU defeats a 16th ranked, 7-0 BYU squad 38-7. Utah fans immediately jump on and cry "overrated." They then proceed to laugh it up.

If you want class from BYU fans, just remember what Ute fans did the last two years. What goes around, comes around.

Having said that, I'm not one of those jumping on the Utes. I am shocked at how poorly they played and how easily TCU defeated them. They are a MUCH better team than they showed today.

• utahman1 Salem, MA
    Nov. 6, 2010 6:57 p.m.

Didn't BYU get blasted last year in their own house? And Utah put up more points on TCU last year. That doesn't mean anything. Zoob fans try and find anything and everything to make themselves feel good. We're better than you. Get over it.

• Juggernaut Cedar Hills, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 6:57 p.m.

Keep in mind BYU fans, you beat a 1 and 7 team and you are all enjoying that win a whole lot maybe a little too much. Yes utah got killed, could they have done better, of course. They are still good just came to a major halt today.

• UtahManDan Providence, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 7:01 p.m.

Great job today TCU! You destroyed us in every aspect of the game. I'm not too surprised by the outcome. I never thought Utah was on TCU's level this year. I'm looking forward to next week to see how how Utah bounces back. It's still hard to know how good Utah is because they've destroyed a lot of mediocre teams and lost big to a great team.

I know there are a few obnoxious Utah fans that gloat over BYU losses. Now I see there are dozens of BYU fans that do the same. I guess it's nice to know that Utah fans don't have a monopoly on being classless. :)

By the way, congrats to BYU today. It sounded like they had a really good game. I hope they keep up the good work.

• carver Enterprise, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 7:02 p.m.

You know, the Las Vegas Bowl is a good bowl. The Utes will go there more times than not as the Pac-12 fifth place team. I mean it, Utah is that good.

• ute-chute Beverly Hills, CA
    Nov. 6, 2010 7:02 p.m.

One game at a time.

The eyes of the nation are on the Utes for the most important game ever in the State of Utah, (The Universe) and Utah's only touchdown didn't even make it in the endzone.

Hey, what happened to all those seats in the 4th quarter. the stadium was empty. Just like old time.

Hey, those of you who keep track of stats... Does anyone know which team, BYU or Utah has the longest home winning streak?

BYU has outplayed common oponents, and after Utah loses to ND, SDSU, and BYU, they will be tied for 3rd place in the MWC behind TCU and BYU (sorry Anti Bush-Obama).

Yep, BYU is improving, and Utah forgot how to play.

After all the hype, it's fun to see reality.

Poor bitter, jealous Utes.

• Wldflwr Lehi, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 7:03 p.m.

I knew the Utes were in trouble when I saw the jerseys. You make fun of BYU fans for wearing slogans on their shirts and then you go and do the same thing, except these were placed on your team's JERSEYS??? How did that work out for ya?

• tcom2011 Fort Worth, TX
    Nov. 6, 2010 7:05 p.m.

Good game for TCU, UTES don't let this get you too down, you have had a great season so far. Bounce back and take down ND. Its a great stadium with great tradition.

BYU fans, I know it feels good to finally dish a little to the Utes after all they have said this year, but CMON, chill out. They are a great team, lets hope they bounce back and lets have a great game in a few weeks!!!

GO Cougs, GO UTES!! and wow - Frogs rule the MWC

• FreeMan Heber City, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 7:06 p.m.

The difference was a senior quarterback vs. a sophomore.

• USNGary West Jordan, ut
    Nov. 6, 2010 7:08 p.m.

I'm just saying...........

• Kramer Taylorsville, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 7:16 p.m.

OUCH! That hurt. The uniforms the Utes wore should have all said DUTY on the back, because thats what they played like...DOODIE!. Before the game I predicted a 21 point win for the Frogs. I had no idea that it would get this bad. This Ute team QUIT! I hope that they are sufficently embarrassed. This was the biggest disapointment since...well ever. The Utes were higly overrated. We should have seen that last week when they forced 5 Air Force turnovers and still only won by 3. To much hype and to little results. How will it be next year when every week is a tough game? I don't see the Utes doing too well in the Pac12. It could get ulgy early and often.

• Striker Omaha, NE
    Nov. 6, 2010 7:19 p.m.

Best part of the day: "This place is almost as nice as Provo" then the frog goes on Corso.

Next best part: A throttling at home worse than BYU's last year. Ute fans deserve what they dish out. Thousands of BYU fans are sleeping well tonight. OVERRATED is what we learned today, but the whole country knew that before tonight.

• EdGrady Idaho Falls, ID
    Nov. 6, 2010 7:20 p.m.

You can't spell "FRAUD" without the "U".

• treecaps22 Charlotte, North Carolina
    Nov. 6, 2010 7:23 p.m.

I normally would have cheered for Utah in this game, but given the unbelievable arrogance coming from Utah fans this year, I just couldn't do it! And I enjoyed every minute of the drubbing!

• AK Cougar Palmer, AK
    Nov. 6, 2010 7:25 p.m.

Great day to be a Cougar. Sorry I just cannot find any part of me to have feel bad for my Utah friends today. Humble pie is a great thing to share when when half of it is already gone.

Go TCU, make the MWC proud and win it all.

• utahman1 Salem, MA
    Nov. 6, 2010 7:29 p.m.

Just like the darn zoobs. they win a game against a 1 win team, and they still have a losing record, and they think they're great all of a sudden. Hey zoob fans, don't talk to us until you reach 0.500

• mosbyjim Vernal, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 7:39 p.m.

Some of you BYU fans and Ute fans need to get a life. Come on it always the same trash talk. Why can you not just stop it. Some of you give the state of Utah a bad name.

• MUSSing with U Baltimore, MD
    Nov. 6, 2010 7:46 p.m.

utahman1

Sorry, utahman1, but I didn't see any Cougar fans claiming that BYU is a great team; just that the Cougars are about as good as the Utes, which given the results of today's games, is probably pretty accurate.

BYU beat UNLV much worse than Utah beat UNLV.

and

BYU played MUCH BETTER against TCU on the road, than Utah played at home.

BYU only trailed TCU 3-0 with 2 minutes left in the first half, before a couple of breakdowns gave TCU a couple of quick TDs.

Utah's only TD didn't even cross the goal line.
    The runner's knee touched before he even extended the ball, and even after he extended the ball, the ball was still short of the goal line.

The Utes were really shutout 47-0.

• Outsideview Federal Way, WA
    Nov. 6, 2010 7:51 p.m.

This says more about TCU than Utah.

I was impressed with the speed and precision of their offense and defense.

As for BYU, no comments should be made by their fans. TCU simply won the conference for 2 years in a row just like BYU did. It will all change next year when everything changes. TCU will probably leave the following year as well.

• Observation-ist Ogden, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 7:51 p.m.

Under normal circumstances, I've cheered for Utah except when they play BYU. I've always preferred to beat an 10-1 Utah team rathern than a 3-8 Utah team. It's BYU first, then in-state, then MWC.

However, I threw all that out today for ONE reason. If Utah had beaten TCU, the anti-BYU bloggers would have been so arrogant and intolerable, reading these blogs would have been disgusting.

As it turns out, I'm actually glad TCU won. Not because I'm anti-Utah. I feel bad for Coach Whit. I'm just glad the Utes lost so all the Anti-BYU bloggers have nothing to gloat about this week.

Just to be clear ... IF BYU beats Utah, they'll have MATCHING conference records (2 loses). That would be a sweet parting of ways (PAC12 - Independence)

When it comes right down to it... Utah lost a fan today because of the anti-BYU bloggers. I'm sure I'm not alone. See you in November. GO COUGS!!!

• OnlyInUtah Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 7:54 p.m.

OUCH! Top Ten teams don't get blown out like this. We're oblivously over ranked.. based on our weak schedule.

TCU will be a good representative of the MWC in a BCS bowl.

Good game Horned Frogs!

• sammyg Springville, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 8:12 p.m.

For weeks I've mentioned the following:

Utes have been in the Hostess Twinkie / Little Debbie Snackcake League, over-rated BCS ranking, no NC for 2010...

Then I predicted the following for this week:

Wynn...2 interceptions, Check!
    Team...2 fumbles, Check!
    4 turnovers, Check!
    Wynn 3 sacks, only 1
    Ute undefeated season going down, Check!
    NO Ute 2010 NC bid, CHECK!
    Utes to Las Vegas Bowl, Check!

After last week's AFA game, today was just inevitable and.... (wait for it)...I told you so!

If the Utes can't beat the best in the MWC this year what's going to happen when they play real football in a big boys PAC-12 conference??? It will fun to find out and I'll be rooting for the Utes then.

Sorry Ute fans. Pride precedes the fall and today was the big THUD!

Hats off to the Ute fans that had the guts to show up on this board today. It's been fun being part of the banter. Enjoy your crow as it was fun preparing it for you today.

A Twinkie Toast to you all. Welcome back to reality.

• Chumpley South Jordan, Utah
    Nov. 6, 2010 8:15 p.m.

The Rivalry has a bit too much hate involved. You cant blame anyone for pounding on the Ute Fans.I have read the posts in the past I have to say its most generally the red shirts doing the hatin. Time to grow up and be civil it is just a game. Obsiously today the Utes were not in sync and got pummeled by a very good TCU team. Can anyone be real happy for the beat down the Utes took other than TCU. There is always somebody out there that on a given day will kick your butt. And when the game comes at the end of the month Utah BYU lets leave it at that a win for either team! No sense dragging it out and having all the drama. After all it is just that a game enjoy it.

• Bottom Line Draper, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 8:21 p.m.

I am begging everyone out there to go check on your fellow ute fans to see if they are ok. This was a reality check like I have never seen. At this point, the season appears to be a bunch of beatings of bad teams. 60 teams would have the same record playing this schedule.

• DixieRebelsForever! SLC, Utah
    Nov. 6, 2010 8:22 p.m.

Full Discolsure: I am a U student, Y fan.

The nice thing about this game for Y fans is the U fans have been humbled and hopefully will stop all the gloating. Also we won't have to listen to all the talk radio guys gush over all things Utah this week.

The nice thing for U fans is the last time the utes got shut out like this was in 2007 against UNLV. They seemed to bounce back pretty well.

THis U team reminds me alot of BYU 2008. Decent team that stormed through a weak schedule early in the season.

Keep it classy Y fans. We still have a losing record.

• UtahRoper Wellsville, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 8:35 p.m.

SWEET! As I predicted, a huge loss to TCU, now comes a major drop in the polls!

• scenic view Baltimore, MD
    Nov. 6, 2010 8:36 p.m.

"This says more about TCU than Utah."

Nice spin, but it says a lot about both teams.

TCU is very good.

Utah is and has been overrated all season.

It also says a lot about how thin-skinned most of these Utah bloggers are. They've been great at dishing it all season long, but they're wimps when it comes to taking it.

As for Utah, no comments should be made by fans of any "Top 10" team that gets destroyed 47-7 at home.

BYU-TCU 7-38 in 2009 was supposedly a "humiliating" loss for the Cougars.

So what does that make a 7-47 loss?

• Davis Kaysville, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 8:41 p.m.

By yewts . How does it feel not to play a cupcake. You got exposed. Well there is allway next year when you start out with montana state

• Veritas Aequitas Fruit Heights, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 8:47 p.m.

Utah fans can whine all they want about "zoobs" enjoying this win.

Wow, that was embarassing, wasn't it.

But, then, I am just a hate filled, bitter, jealous zoob because I predicted that Utah would get beat by a beter team. And they did.

I for one see them losing at least two, maybe three more, but then I am jealous of the beatdown the Utes took in the "most important game in the history of the state of Utah".

The Ute trolls have been dishing out trash talk to the team that has owned them 3 of the past 4 years (scoreboard), and quite likely 4 of 5 if they quit against BYU like they did today, in the "most important game in the History of Utah", and this is what you get.

My suggestion. Let the "zoobs" post. You have "earned" the crow. You deserve it, and they are going to feed it to you.

I just hope you don't cry... OK, just a little. Navalvet will "drink your tears".

And, Saint Heaps looks like the real deal.

Wynn looked very mediocre today.

I think you need to get used to losing.

• Idaho guy Meridian, ID
    Nov. 6, 2010 8:51 p.m.

Congrats to TCU! Here's to hoping you get a shot at the National Championship!

I thought Utah would play much better, but it wasn't to be. Perhaps BYU does have a chance. What really happened today? Where did the Utes offense disappear to? And all the turnovers?

Sad to see the MWC break apart after this year, but I predict TCU will be Big East bound before long completing the tri-fecta of teams abandoning the Mountain West and their horrible TV contract! And don't even get me started on the basketball tourney that is always at UNLV....

• Madden Herriman, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 9:14 p.m.

Seriously, I get that a lot of annoying folks post here, but chill out folks. Gloaters - you are embarrassing us real Y fans. This rivalry is great because our friends and neighbors happen to be our rivals, rather than a bunch of folks in some other state. Sadly it makes for more swapping of classless words at times, but most of us feel bad (yes, even for our rivals)...it hurts when your team goes down like that.

• wardu Fallon, NV
    Nov. 6, 2010 9:14 p.m.

utahman1, last time I checked the last game the Utes played against BYU was a win for BYU. You are only as good as your last game and the last game the Utes played was just not very good. Good luck with the PAC 10 next year, at least you will get the WSU cougars to beat up on.

• Californian Santa Ana, CA
    Nov. 6, 2010 9:17 p.m.

Sorry we couldn't see that game. Silly MWC rules didn't allow it to be broadcast nationally.

But maybe the Utes are just as glad it wasn't :-)

Utah's first game next year against USC will be interesting.

• loveless center valley, pa
    Nov. 6, 2010 9:26 p.m.

Oh mama, that was uuughly!!!! Get used it to it Uteees there will be plenty more where that came from starting next year.

• metamoracoug metamora, IL
    Nov. 6, 2010 9:27 p.m.

Spudman:

Thanks for the stats on the two games. The one you forgot thought was that TCU was playing AT Utah. BYU was AT TCU. Home field advantage is supposed to help.

• NevadaUTE Carson City, NV
    Nov. 6, 2010 9:34 p.m.

I guess there are no true BYU fans, only Utah haters!! Haven't we heard that one the other way around from the hypocritical zoobs this year? Oh yeah, FIVE times!! Why are you hyprocrits now posting on a Utah article?!! Even if the Utes had 5 losses (they only have 1), I'd rather root for them than a bunch of naive, self-righteous zoobies!

• UtahBlueDevil Durham, NC
    Nov. 6, 2010 9:50 p.m.

Ute fans, and I am one, you better really good at taking it because you all have been dishing it out all season. You have been dishing it by the bucket loads for weeks now... put your man pants on and take it like you have been dealing it.

Utah's season is not all lost, they will likely still get a very nice bowl bid. But at the end of the year, there will only be one number 1 team, and we now know it is going to be the U. Sadly TCU will not be likely getting a chance to play for it this year either unless Oregon or Auburn really mess up.

• jazzlover Highland, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 10:06 p.m.

Come on, people. Just as has been said, there really is no reason to dish out personal insults and try to offend everyone that has ever been a Ute fan. To tell you the truth, I was very happy with the outcome of the fan, but Utah now has to swallow a tough loss. Football -- I love it because it should all be played out on the field -- not in the blogs of us fans who sometimes take it too much to the extreme.

• NevadaUTE Carson City, NV
    Nov. 6, 2010 10:07 p.m.

I'm still confused why BYU fans throw the "Las Vegas Bowl" around as an insult to the Utes. Isn't that the same bowl that BYU has gone to the last several year? Weren't those relatively good years for the Cougs? Isn't that the BEST they have done in the BCS era? It speaks volumes of the two programs when the BEST BYU has done (the Las Vegas Bowl) is hurled at Utah as an insult for a less than stellar year!

• MiP Iowa City, IA
    Nov. 6, 2010 10:08 p.m.

Where'd all these BYU fans come from?

• worf Mcallen, TX
    Nov. 6, 2010 10:11 p.m.

Should'nt some TCU boosters write a letter to Utah asking them to forfeit their touchdown?

NevedaUTE--you must not read very much of the postings here. For many weeks Utes fans have been arrogant and insulting to the Cougs. YES! Crow and humble pie taste really good.

I'd normally cheer for the Utes when they're not playing the Cougs. After all, they have ex-cougar players for coaches and use the Cougar passing game. But their self-righteous fans are annoying.

GO IRISH!

• sportsjazzfan Sandy, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 10:13 p.m.

wow all you BYU fans must feel proud about yourself after Utah got beat. Well dont cause you lost to TCU just as bad so you shouldn't be talking. Can't any of you BYU fans realize that BYU and Utah are not even teams this year, Utah has been superior to them this year and Utah will beat you in SLC 48-14 so i wouldn't be talking

• Sal Provo, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 10:16 p.m.

Misery loves company; that's why BYU fans are happy about Utah's loss.

• worf Mcallen, TX
    Nov. 6, 2010 10:16 p.m.

I sure hope we don't see TCU playing Boise State in a BCS game this year.

National Champioship?---Oregon vs Auburn

• Duh west jordan, ut
    Nov. 6, 2010 10:25 p.m.

So funny how so many Ute fans are crying about BYU fans for commenting on their loss. Go back and see how many obnoxious Ute fans commented on every BYU loss. If you can't handle it, go somewhere else. Take your lumps and live with it. BYU is a struggling team, I won't deny it but, we have had to endure all the garbage that came with it from the sarcastic Ute fans. So, for the whining Ute, deal with it. This week we got our turn. Next week if we lose, you can have yours again.

• idablu Idaho Falls, ID
    Nov. 6, 2010 10:27 p.m.

I lost money on this game. I really thought Utah was going to win this game. Utah got ambushed by a better prepared team. I still think the Utes are a really good team (and yes, better than my Cougs), but TCU is freaky good. Strength of schedule aside, there is no doubt they have the best defense in the nation. It is just that their offense played their best game of the season today.

I would hope that the BYU fans would show more class; especially since we know what its like to lose ugly this year. Utah deserves to be in the PAC 12 and they will do just fine there. I predict a conference championship within the first 5 yrs.

I implore byu fans: quit being jealous and rise above the crass comments by the ignorant few. With as bad a season we have had, we really have no room to talk trash.

I must admit, though, today's games gave BYU a glimmer of hope or confidence that they might be able to compete against the mighty utes at the end of the month.

• YOVERu Draper, Utah
    Nov. 6, 2010 10:29 p.m.

C'Mon Utahman1, NevadaUTE, and other yewtah fans,

Take it!!! The yewts are not as good as you thought. At home, they gave up almost 200 more yards and 16 more points to TCU than BYU did in Ft. Worth. Not to mention Dalton threw for a CAREER HIGH 355 yards! Where is the vaunted defense I've heard so much about! Vaunted to vulnerable, especially at the corners.

Welcome back to reality!! Playing a poor schedule inflates stats, scoring, and your heads. Now go lay another egg in South Bend.

• Oh, please! Southern, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 10:35 p.m.

NevadaUTE | 10:07 p.m. Nov. 6, 2010
    It isn't insulting to play in the Las Vegas Bowl...but Utah fans have insulted BYU for years for BYU's appearances there.

Regarding game today...bless you, TCU. Best of luck at the national championship.

• DodgerDoug Salem, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 10:42 p.m.

Hey BYU fans who think it is okay to root for Utah. It's not! They don't want you rooting for them and neither do real BYU fans. So, go buy your Utah shirts and quit pretending to be BYU fans. It was a great day today! BYU wins by 45 and Utah loses by 40. Thank you TCU!

• cougar4ever2 Provo, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 11:12 p.m.

I hate to say it but the Utes set themselves up for this totally embarrassing and humiliating loss. The Utah fans were so offended and upset at all of the analysts saying that they had played a soft schedule this year and didn't deserve their #5 ranking. So, does that also mean that Ute fans disagree with themselves when they discount BYU's National Championship as bogus because BYU didn't play anyone good the year they won it? I would really love to hear the answer, Utah fans.

• ryansutes South Jordan, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 11:13 p.m.

Humbling loss. Completely outplayed in every way.

As for you Cougar fans rejoicing today. Do you remember this quote.

"Perhaps there is no better laboratory to observe the sin of pride than the world of sports. I have always loved participating in and attending sporting events. But I confess there are times when the lack of civility in sports is embarrassing. How is it that normally kind and compassionate human beings can be so intolerant and filled with hatred toward an opposing team and its fans?
    I have watched sports fans vilify and demonize their rivals. They look for any flaw and magnify it. They justify their hatred with broad generalizations and apply them to everyone associated with the other team. When ill fortune afflicts their rival, they rejoice."

• utefan56 st george, utah
    Nov. 6, 2010 11:26 p.m.

utah got beat / throttled by one of the best teams in the country....if not the best.. on the same day BYU beat one of the worst teams in the country...but, a win is a win congrats! BYU...however, my hunch tells me the Utes will regroup, come back with a vengence. the real test for both programs lies ahead in the next few weeks.so celebrate, enjoy, and even pile on if byu fans feel like they need to.just remember our loss today, ...will, and could be like your win....short lived...see ya in a few weeks!....cheers

• mm82 Ogden, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 11:30 p.m.

Regardless of whether you are a Ute or a Coug, arent you sick of the following argument (and if you are the one making the following argument, please stop. please oh please. The first time I read it I thought, 'okay, one clueless on here, no big deal.' than I read it again, and again....)

BYU lost to TCU by ____ amount of points. Utah lost to TCU by ___ amount of points. Therefor, Utah would lose to BYU by ____ amount of points.

Anyone that knows anything about football knows that this does not work! I am so sick of reading it! If such reasoning were true, than TCU would beat Nebraska by like 120 points (Utah beat Iowa state by ___ points. Utah lost to TCU by ___ points. Nebraska beat Iowa st by 1 point. Therefor, TCU would beat Nebraska by ___ points. Rigth...one more example. Utah state lost to SD state by (40?) points. Utah state beat BYU by (like 20?)points. Therefore, BYU will lose to SD state by 60...oh wait, didnt play out that way.

• blackpower16 Spanish Fork, ut
    Nov. 6, 2010 11:34 p.m.

I'm a cougar fan, and while I'm glad the Utes won't be undefeated, I also know that we have only won 4 games and should worry about our own schedule and our own team. Stop being petty fellow cougars.

• MichiganCoog Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 11:57 p.m.

Hey ryansutes,

We coug fans are still living the law of moses, eye for an eye baby! Now that you've seen the results of playing a real team, get use to seeing "L's" in the papers for years to come. The PAC-10 is not going to be a cake walk like your first 8 games were, oh excuse me, from the UNLV game to the week prior to the AFA game last week.

As much as I care less for the Utetz, I do think that a bad Notre Dame team will roll over for you next week, but the following 2 weeks could very well become your 2nd and 3rd losses of this over-rated year. SDSU is a better passing team than TCU was today, and will light up your secondary like it was the 4th of July. That freshman RB they have will reel off 150 yds on your overrated defense. 969 yards given up in the past 2 weeks, is all the more glaring a statistic that will haunt you all the more in the coming weeks...

Welcome back to reality Utes, enjoy your next 3 games!!!

• walli Sandy, UT
    Nov. 7, 2010 12:00 a.m.

ha ha ha good luck in the poinsetta bowl and the lower third of the pac 11 and 1/2

• BYU/RSL Fan Provo, UT
    Nov. 7, 2010 12:05 a.m.

Suddenly the Las Vegas Bowl doesn't look so bad; right, my Ute friends?

• fresnogirl Fresno, CA
    Nov. 7, 2010 12:06 a.m.

I'm sorry you guys lost today. Good luck against Notre Dame. Keep your chins up. There is no shame in losing to a VERY good TCU team.

• Veritas Aequitas Fruit Heights, UT
    Nov. 7, 2010 12:06 a.m.

Ryan -- Nice quote.

===

Brad Rock writes a story:
    "Which means the Utes need to be on the clock from the opening kick. No more easing into the action, no more gentle starts. They should be moving at the crack of dawn."

Pretty prophetic.

First response:
    Hotrod
    Look at the end score Brad. You jelous couger fan.

(What was the end score Hotrod?)
    ===
    utefan56
    I wonder how many picks Heaps will throw against UNLV today??
    ===

NC UTES 2010
    sammyg

The Utes will win the national championship.
    Sorry bud your kittens won't even go bowling.
    #1 team in the nation Utes
    #110 team in the nation tds
    ===

"They look for any flaw and magnify it. They justify their hatred with broad generalizations and apply them to everyone associated with the other team."

===
    My Ute buddies are classy. They will hear nothing from anyone.

It's the classless ones the comments are directed to.

===
    So Hedgehog, fire Coach Whitt now? You have been calling for Bronco's job.

Who did the better job coaching today?

It's been fun watching the cougars improve...

(Whitt, you have nothing to apologize for -- Utah just isn't that good. They were overrated).

• live_simply Tooele, UT
    Nov. 7, 2010 12:12 a.m.

It is so fun that fans come on here and bash college kids that play the game. it is just funny to me. The utes cant help they got ranked 5. And I have never heard one ute player say that they were that great team, But people like to bash the team because they win. They put the schedule together years in advance. So at the time you make a schedule you really dont know how is going to be good. And You have to show up ever week and play. Utes didnt. But tcu is a teAM THAT SHOWED UP. They are not pros. And dont get paid to do it. i am a die hard ute fan. But it is a game.

• mmll Ogden, UT
    Nov. 7, 2010 12:20 a.m.

@MICHIGAN COUG:

Curious, you do realize from whom that qoute came? And when? Based on your response to RyanUte, it seems that you dont. Thank you for the entertainment. (hint, you can find the qoute in the lates Ensign Conference issue)

• sammyg Springville, UT
    Nov. 7, 2010 12:22 a.m.

ryansutes

On the contrary bub. I'm not a 'hater' so shame on you for accusing me of such. I do enjoy dishing out a little crow this week after a continual barrage of Ute drivel these past few.

I remember one comment directed at me something to the effect of inviting me to attend today's game so that some fans could "stomp a mudhole in that BYU sole of yours"... a pleasant thought don't you think?

Some ribbing is order here and several of the Ute fans have honestly risen above the occassion. Manning up as they say. Very commendable and respected by the few that frequent these comment boards. For the most a kind but sometimes out of hand entertainment.

Vulgarity like the fellow at 2:45 in the first qtr. doing the double bird flipping at the refs on nat'l tv might be more in line to your manner of preaching.

• scott Alpine, UT
    Nov. 7, 2010 12:25 a.m.

Back to the drawing board for Utah.

The biggest game in the history of Utah, and what else can you say, the Utes laid an egg.

Until now, the Utah fan mantra has been, Kyle drops an occassional little one, but he always knows how to win the big ones.

Looks like the magic finally ran out. Superman found his kryptonite in the form of a frog.

If Utah is even close to as good as some Utah fans thought they were on Friday, then the Utes will rebound and smoke their last 3 opponents.

My guess is they're not, and the Utes could very easily implode and finish 0 for November.

• Gdot-aka-whitelightning Roberts Ranch, UT
    Nov. 7, 2010 12:27 a.m.

hahaha. Oh Ute fans. Better stop talkin.

• sports fan Provo, UT
    Nov. 7, 2010 12:37 a.m.

At least we have a sweet new pic of Rice Eccles, i am in this one. i am the guy in the right lower corner wearing black.

• Turtle Owasso, OK
    Nov. 7, 2010 12:43 a.m.

Where's Hedgehog?

• JMT Springville, UT
    Nov. 7, 2010 12:55 a.m.

I'm happy for TCU, though it will turn to sorrow when the BCS finds some lame excuse to put a 11-1 or 12-1 team in the national championship game. Then, insult to injury they will put TCU and Boise St in another head to head matchup in a BCS game. If this happens I am going to take my $45 in savings, find an attorney and sue the crap out of them!

Utah should run the table, and possibly still get a BCS game. I'm diehard Blue and if all goes well BYU gets something other than the Vegas Bowl with our soon to be 6-6 record.

It's all good!

• sk3pt1c4l Sandy, UT
    Nov. 7, 2010 1:41 a.m.

It's a shame the one touchdown Utah scored wasn't actually a touchdown. Just a little pity gift from the refs...

• SlickFrog Dallas, TX
    Nov. 7, 2010 1:33 a.m.

Utes fans, you'll be alright. You have a very young team that will be good next year. Heck, you're good this year. TCU returned 17 starters from last year's team and has lost once in 2 years. No offense, but I have no idea why anyone thought Utah had a chance to win this game. Nobody who saw that game last year and knows this TCU team this year thought that could happen. I haven't seen Patterson this calm before a game in 10 years. He knew it. I think Whit did too.

You guys keep ripping Boise. I don't get it. They are VERY good. In 2 years, Boise's only loss? TCU. In 2 years, TCU's only loss - Boise.

Win out Utes. And then turn the Pac Whatever on it's ear. Im rooting for you and am going to miss our mini rivalry with you guys. It's been fun.

• afro14 Sandy, UT
    Nov. 7, 2010 2:07 a.m.

Wow. What a disappointment. Wynn looked like Jake Heaps out there! Oh well, all things considered, an 11-1 regular season will still be a success, and beating byu will be fun. I'd still rather be a UTE fan after experiencing a butt kicking like this than one of many zoobie fans that's come out of hiding to rub salt in our wounds and believes that their sub par cougars are on the road to being high and mighty again after a big win against powerhouse UNLV.

Much credit to TCU. They are a great football team. I hope they win the national championship, they are definitely capable and deserving.

GO UTES!!!

• alternate Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 7, 2010 5:49 a.m.

Try this. Take all the Utah comments all year long and all the BYU comments all year long and trade the team names. They are really quite similar. Hate rules.

The reason the LV Bowl is so hot a topic now, is that it has been downgraded so much in the past by the Utah folks. Now they must play well for 3 more games to even get there. Pretty ugly not because of the team and what they have done (8-1) but because of the hate talk from som many Utah fans.

It's a hard year for BYU, they lost a lot of talent from last year's team. Unfortunately, the hate talk tossed there way has been far worse than what the BYU people are fighting back with right now. The bottom line is that both sides need to cool the hate.

Know what I think, Utah should win the UY game at RES this year. BYU should win the YU game at LES next year. But before those games both teams have two important games. Let's focus on those.

• John in Georgia Evans, GA
    Nov. 7, 2010 5:56 a.m.

OUCH! I'm so glad I recorded the game and watched it delayed. After we were down by 20 I told myself that I was going to fast forward until the Utes scored ... it just kept going and going ...

Congrats TCU. I wish we could have given you a better game. I blame the uniforms - dress like Army play like Army.

I hope TCU gets to the NC game with Oregon. Auburn is WAY overrated and will be exposed at Alabama. They have only 4 away games. That's right! 4 AWAY, 8 HOME. Many of their games have been really close against weak teams. The SEC is way down this year and does not deserve a shot at the NC (IMHO - and I live in SEC land).

• What To Do Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 7, 2010 7:01 a.m.

TCU is the real deal. I hope they go all the way and take the national title.

Time to put this one behind us. Win the next two games on the road. Then flatten BYU at home and move on to the PAC12.

I do not get all the fuss. One loss, big or not doesn't matter. What does matter is how the team deals with it.

Go UTEs.

• DPowl36 Richland, WA
    Nov. 7, 2010 7:18 a.m.

Who am I sir, a Utah Man am I...and will be until I die! Well done Utah, we real Utah Fans are dissapointed in the outcome, but still very proud of "our" team. TCU is a very, very good Team and it was their day. Another day could have had a different outcome. Forget the blame game and support the team. Go Utah! My wife and I are in England right now and would have loved to have just been to or seen the game. Go Utah!

• Tom in CA Vallejo, CA
    Nov. 7, 2010 7:44 a.m.

What a great day in college football.

Cougars win BIG. Utes lose BIG. Sweet. Was it a dark cloud over RES, or a CROW migration??

• SyracuseCoug Syracuse, ut
    Nov. 7, 2010 7:57 a.m.

I'm not going to gloat, I really like Coach Whitt, he's a Y grad for heaven's sake. But Ute fans, if you are aghast that BYU fans may get on here and rub it in a little, you may want to go look at ANY BYU article this year, especially the losses, and you will see this and much more from obnoxious Ute trolls.

That being said, BYU fans let's keep it classy, we've been on the end of a couple of TCU beatings ourselves. All this game did is make me even more excited for the BYU/Utah game, might actually be a closer game than everyone thought on Saturday morning.

I do take pleasure that certain U trolls will be quiet on the BYU articles for a while at least.

• Cougs4Life Gilbert, AZ
    Nov. 7, 2010 8:04 a.m.

Can we finally stop hearing about how Utah knows how to win the big game? They have lost 3 out of 4 to ranked BYU teams and lost the last two big games badly to great TCU teams. Sorry, top ten teams don't get throttled like this at home...good thing everyone was in black for the funeral.

• wwookie Payson, UT
    Nov. 7, 2010 8:12 a.m.

Utah will still finish the season with just one loss, which is huge. Another bowl game and a continuation of dominance in the bowl games. Lots of things to look forward to this season.

Utes are still a top 25 team (did you see the Nebraska Iowa State game? Utah demolished Iowa State in their own home just a couple weeks back.)

They will finish ranked in top 20 again and will have a very very good AND EXPERIENCED team back next season too.

Still a great year to be a Ute!

• Bluto Sandy, UT
    Nov. 7, 2010 9:18 a.m.

Utah is 4 deep at all positons.

Utah has 5 great years of recruits.

Utah Coaches are Vastly Superior to BYU.

Utah will win the Pac-12 South, NEXT YEAR!

Utah will host the Pac-12 Championship game.

Utah will recruit even yet greater athletes as a member of the Pac-12.

Utah will recruit Nationally with 5 star athletes, chomping at the bit to play at Utah, while BYU is stuck with only those Mormon Athletes.

Utah is no longer Non-AQ, Non-Equuity, Mid-Major, Non-Big 6 etc. Ain't we Special?

Utah has permanently solidified their position as the Premier Program in Utah...Gordon Monson

Blah Blah Blah

Will Hans Olson now stop drooling over everything Utes?

Like the announcer said: This place is "almost" as nice as Provo.

BYU is in good company. Texas, Florida, Notre Dame are all having bad years.

Legacy programs can survive a bad year here and there.

BYU's Legacy Hall, Cache and Brand will sustain them, because they have "Cred" in the College Football World.

Question...Will Utah, whose so called Legacy Hall is a Closet, bounce back from 4-6 loss seasons, or will they be TheNextWashingtonState?

• jim l West Jordan, UT
    Nov. 7, 2010 9:21 a.m.

The team down south did better against tcu than the mighty utes. What a cream puff schedule. sds has a good chance of taking you to the woodshed also.

• Gary Kinney Huntington Beach, CA
    Nov. 7, 2010 9:50 a.m.

Sorry for the Utes. Kyle is a great coach and they will bounce back. It is sad to hear the anger coming from both the Cougar and Ute camps on this website. Too bad you people can't get along and cheer on your team and leave the ugliness out of it. I hope some on this site get a life soon because from what I am reading they don't have one. Good luck to both the Cougs and Utes in the coming future. In short, to quote that famous hoodlum Rodney Williams, "Can't we all just get along!"

• Gary Kinney Huntington Beach, CA
    Nov. 7, 2010 9:54 a.m.

Oops...I need to get a life. His name is Rodney King.
    Duh!

• Thriller Saint George, UT
    Nov. 7, 2010 12:15 p.m.

A little perspective please! The Utes lost to the #3 team in the country. They are still the best team in the state (BYU is 3rd at best). If you give the Frogs a chance at the NC, which I believe they should get, then you have to say the Utes deserved a chance in 2004 and 2008.

We're 8-1 and I believe we will win out. All of BYU's 10 win seasons were hailed as being "great seasons". Now Utah gets an 11-1 season and the fans are disappointed. What does that tell you about where the 2 programs are in relation to one another?

• my thought SANDY, UTAH
    Nov. 7, 2010 2:51 p.m.

Playing football in my youth I played shirts and skins. It simplified who was on whose team and changed my response time by simplifying thought. I think to sycophant to a commercial sponsor for a few beads and trinkets (though for a good cause) is unacceptable. We are red and white and a little black and our boys train daily to react automatically under those conditions. Some marketing genius thought of the change in uniform to sell tons of clothing to fans under the veil of charity without regard to the effect the impact has on our boys.
    If a change in uniform affects the performance of our boys by even a mille second it should be dropped! Why should any of our players second guess themselves, be distracted or question what they see for even a second in a game that was that big?!!! Our boys don’t need the distraction!!! If for charity have the logo of the company in camo, don’t bother our boys! I always am shopping for clothing for tailgates and buy constantly to be fashionable. Please!!! Please!!! Please!!!! Keep it easy for our boys!!!!

• Vegas Las Vegas, NV
    Nov. 7, 2010 2:58 p.m.

Thriller. The last time I checked you were 8-1. Utah will likely finish 10-2 or 9-3. Seeing as how BYU put up more of a fight against TCU and they're looking leaps and bounds better than they were 3 weeks ago, Nov 27th is gonna be a close game.

• chazo Murray, UT
    Nov. 7, 2010 4:19 p.m.

You thought the game was bad. You should of tried getting into the Tailgating Lot on Friday afternoon. It was a joke. Hope something can be done to make it a more plesant experience.

• Riverton Cougar Riverton, Utah
    Nov. 7, 2010 9:17 p.m.

"holy smokes! I never realized how bad BYU fans really are. And its not just a few of them, theyre out in the hundreds. Makes the Ute fans look like angels."

That is because one too many Ute fans have given Cougar fans an extremely hard time lately and have said too much. Now the desire to rub it in has become too hard to resist for those who were ridiculed by classless Ute fans. Don't dish it if you can't take it.

I won't rub it in; I hate having a bad game/season rubbed in, so I won't do it. However, I am very interested to hear what Utes NC 2010 has to say.

About next year, don't worry. I hear people predicting a 6-6 year for the Utes, but the PAC hasn't been that good lately. Adjusting to a new conference might be tough, but I predict about 8 wins next year, maybe more. I won't be too shocked with 6-6, though; with college football, you never really know.

• BSU BRONCO!! Rigby, ID
    Nov. 8, 2010 1:20 a.m.

Its a good thing that the Utes are moving to a bigger conference. There way to dominat for the weaker Mountain West teams Like TCU and BSU. Get use to this site Ute fans this is how most of your games will be in years to come. Once again you get a big piece of humble pie. Utah was overrated all season long I cant believe that you all bought into the hype.

To all of you fans that were around the ESPN gameday stand, and were shouting overrated when they were talking about Boise State. Who's overrated now? FYI Boise would have done the same thing to your pathetic team as TCU did.

Why did Utah leave the Mountain west? You made it look like it was about the money but the truth was you dont want to be blown out by both TCU and BSU every year. I am kind of bummed thou up until yesterday who was your worst home loss to of all time? 36-3 in 06 to the Broncos!

• statman9 South Jordan, UT
    Nov. 8, 2010 9:55 a.m.

studman:

You forgot to add that BYU was at TCU and Utah was at HOME against TCU. I love the stats, BYU/Utah might actually be a game.

Go Cougars!!!

• cougar76 Provo, UT
    Nov. 8, 2010 2:17 p.m.

sportsjazzfan | 10:13 p.m. Nov. 6, 2010
    Ouch, I'm sorry. Here, cry on my shoulder.