Utah Utes football: U. impresses ESPN's GameDay

Comments

• LuVePacifica RosePark, Utah
    Nov. 6, 2010 11:59 a.m.

Amazing How many of Us love those Utah Utes!

• Not So Fast Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 12:19 p.m.

Sad not to watch, glad to read.

• NC UTES 2010 Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 12:46 p.m.

GameDay was electric! Almost game time - let's stomp these toads on our way to NC!

• Go Big Blue!!! Bountiful, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 2:30 p.m.

21 to Zero. What a beautiful thing!

• worf Mcallen, TX
    Nov. 6, 2010 2:31 p.m.

I am really enjoying todays football games.

• yankee doodle Layton, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 2:47 p.m.

Hey NC Utes 2010,.
    How is your prediction going so far??????
    YESSSSS, what a great game this is, Go FROGS!!!!!
    Overrated!! Overrated!!

• #1 Jazz Fan Springville, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 3:07 p.m.

So far, BYU did better against TCU than Utah is. BYU only allowed 17 points in the first half. We'll see if Utah can put some points on the board, like BYU did.

I dunno if they will. TCU's D is just too good.

TCU National Champs 2010.

That's a realistic prediction. Especially because Utah's ranking, albeit slightly unjustified, should propel them them pretty far up ahead.

• AK Cougar Palmer, AK
    Nov. 6, 2010 3:34 p.m.

What? 23 - 0 at the half? Utes, you need to pick it up and make get your game going. After BYU put the hurt on UNLV expections of the U putting together a close game if not pull out the win are high. Make the state proud here.

• ARJ Lehi, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 3:37 p.m.

Best part of this game is thinking about all the Utah fans that shelled out lots of money to see their team get killed.

Is this how Utah looks when they play someone good?

• yankee doodle Layton, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 4:32 p.m.

Jordan Wynn is just a plain ole medicore QB, Heaps will outshine him next year and the next and the next.

• Over the Top Rigby, ID
    Nov. 6, 2010 4:42 p.m.

Tons of hype is fun. But winning is more important!! How do you spell overrated? U-T-E-S!!

Go Cougars...NICE WIN!

• TRUTH Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 4:49 p.m.

Glad I didn't pay for scalpers tickets....after watching on tv I had enough after the first qtr I got in a 5 mile run and a 50 mile bike ride just in time to see a 47-7 smack down final!

The biggest game in Yewt History and they forgot to show up!

TCU SPANKS THE YEWTS! TCU is the real deal!

• Wldflwr Lehi, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 5:27 p.m.

"This place is almost as nice as Provo," - Lee Corso. Best quote of the day!

• Northwest Coug Pasco, WA
    Nov. 6, 2010 5:29 p.m.

Gotta love Corso! "Almost as nice as Provo," I was rolling on the floor!

And he had the guts to call the game right. TCU is a good team. And now the Utes know how the Cougs felt last year in Provo.

With Utah coming back to reality, it should be a good last couple weeks of the season. BYu vs. Utah will be a relevant game yet again.

• Duckhunter American Fork, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 5:42 p.m.

I really enjoyed the college football games today. Lots to like about it.

• eastcoastcoug Danbury, CT
    Nov. 6, 2010 5:58 p.m.

If half of the big talkin' Ute fans would go to their games, they would need a REAL stadium instead of one with only 45k seats.

Today's game gave the Utes a flavor for what it will be like to be the lesser program when they join the PAC.

• JNA Layton, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 6:16 p.m.

NC UTES 2010 where are you? where are you hiding? maybe you are marking this down. Come out come out wherever you are Mr NC UTES 2010. Hello, Hello is this thing on?

• Chris B's momma Idaho Falls, ID
    Nov. 6, 2010 6:29 p.m.

BSU had game day first and had a bigger crowd. Then the won their game! Can u spell overrated or do we just get the double loser sign, again!

• aglebagel Provo, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 6:33 p.m.

My favorite part was that ESPN apparently couldn't find a "celebrity guest" picker from the University of Utah! Hahaha!

• Wldflwr Lehi, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 6:37 p.m.

To JNA: Major LOL!!!!!! I hope he is so busy erasing all his "Mark it downs" that we will not have to hear from him anymore.

• utahman1 Salem, MA
    Nov. 6, 2010 6:40 p.m.

Just like the darn zoobs. they win a game against a 1 win team, and they still have a losing record, and they think they're great all of a sudden. Hey zoob fans, don't talk to us until you reach 0.500

• carver Enterprise, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 6:50 p.m.

I quit rooting for the Utes but by half time I found myself rooting for them again. I felt bad for them.

• John Stewart Pill Vienna, VA
    Nov. 6, 2010 7:31 p.m.

Yeah, they really impressed for College Game Day. Too bad they had to play an actual game afterward. Courage? Commitment?

• Chad S Derby, KS
    Nov. 6, 2010 7:45 p.m.

Salt Lake City... Almost as nice as Provo. Love it.

• moodyblue77 Provo, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 8:19 p.m.

Not a great day for Non-AQ schools, though the love affair with Alabama is finally over.

Had the game been close, TCU would have had more firepower going into the BCS rankings tomorrow. With the Utes dropping about 10 spots in the polls, the victory won't mean as much.

Most of us suspected that the Utes were not much better than they were last year. It just shows you have to strike a balance in your schedule.

San Diego State is now a very serious game. You don't want to walk out of the MWC in less than second place.

• Laser North Liberty, IA
    Nov. 6, 2010 8:24 p.m.

"This place is ALMOST as nice as Provo." Corso knows how to rub it in!

• I Bleed Blue Las Vegas, NV
    Nov. 6, 2010 8:36 p.m.

Congratulations on that great performance. I can thing of a few words that should have been on the backs of the Black Out or should I say Lights Out jerseys. 'Overrated', 'Blow Out' and 'Exposed' come to my mind. Enjoy the Vegas Bowl. The first of many you will be attending.

• Madden Herriman, UT
    Nov. 6, 2010 8:57 p.m.

My condolences to my Ute friends. As a Cougar fan who attended our beatdown by TCU at home last year, I know how you feel today. This is still a very good season...just not perfect. Any Y fans who gloat about this are idiots. TCU is just the best team in the conference 2 years running, end of story.

• Igualmente Mesa, AZ
    Nov. 6, 2010 9:13 p.m.

No way there was 10,000 people at Gameday. More like 400 to 600 tops! ESPN showed overhead views of the parking lot crowd, there's no way.

The Uof U must use the CBS News method of crowd estimation like they used for the recent rallys in DC. The Glenn Beck crowd looked as large as the Jon Stewart crowd, although CBS said Beck had on 78,000, while Stewart had 215,000.

Too bad the Utes no showed later in the day. Must have been the Gameday jinx!

• worf Mcallen, TX
    Nov. 6, 2010 9:35 p.m.

Where are these holier than thou ute fans? The utes will not be national champs this year.---Mark this down!

The utes will never win a Pac-10 championship. You can mark that down also. Of course the Cougs will never win a conference championship either. Mark that down.

TCU is a hopping good football team.

• JapanCougar Apo, AP
    Nov. 6, 2010 11:42 p.m.

I was hoping for a close and interesting game.

My sympathies to the Utes. It is really hard to watch your team lose, let alone like that.

I remembered BYU's loss to TCU last year when I saw this.

Best of luck in the rest of the season (with one exception, that is.)

• BYU_Greg South Jordan, UT
    Nov. 7, 2010 1:04 a.m.

So even though I bleed blue, I actually was looking forward to a good game thinking it would be a battle.

But not only did TCU smack the Utes all over the field, but Utah was wearing - bar none - the UGLIEST uniforms in the history of... history. Even worse than Oregon's. Wow.

The words on the back were cool... except that Courage, Honor & Dedication were getting their butts kicked all over the field.

At least they were wearing the right color for a funeral?