Utah Utes football: TCU faces 'loud, obnoxious' fans

Fallen Heroes Cami's

Cool idea
    Cool cause
    Ugly unis

• Tequila Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 4, 2010 8:30 a.m.

Win or loose, these are 2 of the very best teams in the country and they will both leave it all on the field. Too bad they can't both win. Go Utes....

• SoCalUtahFan Utesville, CA
    Nov. 4, 2010 8:43 a.m.

TCU is still very hurt from the 2008 Utah's last minute 13-10 win.

I suggest to Utah and coack Kyle that this year, Utah needs to score early, larger than 3 margin...say we make it Utah leading 21-10 early in 4th Q, then eating the clock, and scoring another FG 24-10 with 4 mins left. TCU comes back and scores another TD, 24-17 with 1:20 mins left. Utah run out the clock for a 24-17 Utah win.

This way, Utah won't leave a hurtful feelings to TCU.

Go Utes!

• sports fan Provo, UT
    Nov. 4, 2010 9:04 a.m.

I like 'em.

• UtahGal Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 4, 2010 9:06 a.m.

I think those Unis are really ugly, however they support a good cause. Tell what school's fans are obnoxious when your playing on their field?

• hedgehog Ann Arbor, MI
    Nov. 4, 2010 9:16 a.m.

It’s almost unanimous across the internet that TCU will handle their business at the RES. As a diehard Ute fan I will admit the odds are long. On paper, TCU is pretty much superior in just about every position. — including experience. The only variable I see is home field.

On a weekly basis we see upset after upset. It could happen.

Somehow, someway the Utes need to find a way to move the ball against the Nations #1 defense. How they do this….I’m not really sure. Probably a little bit of everything will be needed.

I’ll be cheering hard.

GO UTES

• Cougs4Life Gilbert, AZ
    Nov. 4, 2010 10:20 a.m.

It's good to see that someone else finds Ute fans obnoxious!

• fresnogirl Fresno, CA
    Nov. 4, 2010 11:42 a.m.

Good luck Utes! Make them see those ugly Unis in their nightmares.

• Don't Worry Gilbert, AZ
    Nov. 4, 2010 12:56 p.m.

I am appalled that Dalton would call Ute fans obnoxious. This is an insult beyond compare. This will cause many sleepless nights for fans and lives will be ruined over this!

• Cali Coug Visalia, CA
    Nov. 4, 2010 1:32 p.m.

TCU wins a tight game 3-2.

• Rock Chalk BYU Lawrence, KS
    Nov. 4, 2010 3:25 p.m.

C'mon people, don't associate Max Hall's and Andy Dalton's comments in the same sentence. Sounds to me like Andy's were a sign of respect. Max, on the other hand, was bitter and mean-spirited, even after a victory.

• worf Mcallen, TX
    Nov. 4, 2010 7:11 p.m.

Utes not good enough to beat the Frogs. Must depend on rude fans for help? Hate to see the state of Utah put to shame on television.Lets hope Max was wrong.