Utah

Wolf kills 100-pound dog in Utah, officials say

Comments

• UtahRoper
    Aug. 4, 2010 9:42 p.m.

They are killers, pure and simple. let's keep them OUT of Utah. They should be classified a predator (accurately) and shot on sight. They will destroy the coyote, deer, elk, moose populations and the turn to domestic livestock. That is why they were eliminated from the "lower 48" in the first place. And please, I don't want to read the false, liberal propoganda about them making herds healthier. Dead is not healthy!!!

• RBN
    Aug. 4, 2010 10:10 p.m.

Roper... I couldn't agree more. Wolves have no place in Utah.

• JMT
    Aug. 5, 2010 7:41 a.m.

Cute animals, great TV shows such as Discovery Channel, etc. Basically a great white shark with paws. They have a set of jaws and everything else is designed to support those jaws.

Think about this, one wolf takes on two hundred pounds of guard dog, kills one and seriously injures the other. And with no real predator to keep them in line 10 years from now we will have a major infestation. And yes, they have killed people. Just last year they killed a biologist up in Canada, ate him as well.

• Johnny Triumph
    Aug. 5, 2010 9:20 a.m.

Great, now we have more to worry about when camping than just bears...

• DUBBLEDUB
    Aug. 5, 2010 9:54 a.m.

Put Wolfy down...

• nevada
    Aug. 5, 2010 10:23 a.m.

We have Robert Redford and all of his other liberal enviromentalist friends to thank for this. What did they expect that the wolves would behave themselves and stay in Yellowstone Park. I for one if I ever see one will shoot it on sight. I have property in the Chalk Creek area.

• WyomingWind
    Aug. 6, 2010 6:11 p.m.

They kill anything. I am in northwest Wyoming & most of our elk hunting areas that WERE general are NOW special permit because herds have been decimated. Is sickening. I agree with all the other comments above! They should be shot on sight. We see them way more often around here than the USFS or WGF will admit, believe me. They were never gone to begin with. We saw tracks about 12 miles from town before the re-introduction. BOOO HISSS to USFS!!!!!!!

AND ALL THE TREE-HUGGING IDIOTS!!!! Go find a lil' torn up bunny & hug THAT!