BYU basketball: Michael Loyd Jr. will play at Midwestern State

Comments

• Chase
    July 20, 2010 10:52 a.m.

Best of luck mike. It was fun to watch you while it lasted.

• NT
    July 20, 2010 11:06 a.m.

Who? Where?

• Tom in CA
    July 20, 2010 11:07 a.m.

Michael - you da man!! Great potential.

You brought me outta my seat more than once with your explosive slam dunk ability.

Best of luck where ever you go. Hope to see you on T.V. soon.

• BlueCoug
    July 20, 2010 11:28 a.m.

Good luck in Wichita Falls Michael. You were a fun player to watch. It's sad that things didn't work out for you to be playing at BYU this coming season.

• GJ
    July 20, 2010 12:36 p.m.

NT Why?

• RepresentBlue
    July 20, 2010 2:25 p.m.

Wish Loyd the best of luck. Sorry that he will not be returning to play for the Cougars next year. He was exciting to watch.

• Wasatch Al
    July 20, 2010 3:24 p.m.

Seeing him on TV soon? Wichita Falls, TX, doesn't even have electricity.

• Chucky
    July 20, 2010 4:23 p.m.

another horrible decision by a kid who thinks he knows everything.

• Big Al
    July 20, 2010 4:49 p.m.

Best of luck to a quality player. I predict he will do very well at his new school. We'll never hear about it, but bet you a Mountain Dew that he will light it up at Midwestern State.

Chucky, your comment ironically demonstrates that YOU think YOU know everything . . .

• Wash DC Reader
    July 20, 2010 5:13 p.m.

I hope he and his brother can help support each other to get good grades and do something great after graduation.

• Kyle loves BYU/Jazz
    July 20, 2010 5:32 p.m.

He has NBA talent if he works hard. He can definitely play defense and with his quickness he can score in a hurry.

If he put the time in to improve his jump shot he could be a great player. He reminds me a lot of Rajon Rondo.

I don't think he has the head on him to make it to the NBA though. I hope he proves me wrong. Best of luck Mike! Thanks for helping us win in the NCAA tourney.

• Y4LYFE
    July 20, 2010 6:03 p.m.

Like I said earlier, but my comment was removed, let's hope the utes don't play them as we all know what will happen.

• Y4LYFE
    July 20, 2010 6:06 p.m.

oh poop

• Chris B
    July 20, 2010 11:04 p.m.

Congratulations on the step up to a more classy program michael!

• BluCoug
    July 20, 2010 11:16 p.m.

Chris

That less classy program dominated the u from head to toe. Isn't it about time that u fans "chris" start showing more class?

• TAGZZ
    July 21, 2010 8:08 a.m.

BYU Basketball has been great and this is coming from a die hard U fan... But Why did he leave? Just to join his brother or what? Kinda seems like a bad decision going from a dominating team to a nobody!! Best of luck to ya kid...

• BlueCoug
    July 21, 2010 9:14 a.m.

Although Loyd was in good standing grade-wise and Honor Code-wise when he left, it appears that he was on the verge of facing some serious problems on both fronts if he'd stayed.

It's sad that Michael won't be playing for BYU this year, but I hope he has a great season playing with his brother.

• cougar83
    July 21, 2010 12:13 p.m.

Chris..........The comment about class applies to you and most utah fans....Max will always be right in that regard....stop your crying and be a man. If jealously is an indication of being a little brother, ute fans have cornered the market.

Why would utah fans care about Mike Loyd? This is about BYU and a former player that is held in high esteem by their fans, regardless of his shortcomings.

Funny thing though, at Utah there is no honor code and it's players have no obligation to obey a higher standard. If anything is lacking at the Yew, that would be the case.

Go to your conference of champions. Just remember yew have one more year as a mid-major. We mid-major guys hope to make it as hard as we can on the new messiah of the pac-nothing. See ya in November!

• sly_spy
    July 21, 2010 12:56 p.m.

Good luck Michael in Wichita Falls. Sad to see you go. Your ability to drive to the basket is truly phenomenal. You are a player.

• Big_Ben
    July 21, 2010 1:44 p.m.

@cougar83

I have to admit, I get a kick out of BYU fans who argue and get all hyped up over a Chris B post.

Anyway, I think Mike Lloyd is a great player. I wish he could have played another year or two at the Y. They would have been awesome this year. They still will be, but he'll be hard to replace.

Doesnt matter though. Any team with Jimmer is going places.

• djntz2001
    July 21, 2010 2:28 p.m.

wow, cougar83, you are one mad cougar fan. Get over the fact you can't get into the pac 12 or a big conference, panzee.