Utah Jazz: Al Jefferson arrives, and Raja Bell is on the way

New Jazz big man eager to finally play 'with a great team'

Comments

• SoCalCougar
    July 15, 2010 12:03 a.m.

Dude, what owner says that we're probably not going to win a championship. Come on Miller! Even Dan Gilbert (who is off his rocker mind you) is guaranteeing a championship for his fans...I'm stoked about Jefferson. And the Bellman back. This is the most excited I've been about being a jazzfan in a few years...awesome

• MrJazz
    July 15, 2010 12:04 a.m.

here he isgetting off of the plane, and just thinking, I can't wait to get to the hotel, and jump into bed. Then He sees the crowd and realizes that 'hey they take their basketball serious around here!'

Miller doesn't think they are a championship team, but I definitely think they can be a top four seed, and when april comes around, and the team gets 82 games to get to know each other, I think they could have as good a chance an anyone to beat the Lakers and get to the finals.

• Kakashi
    July 15, 2010 12:11 a.m.

that sounds nice...hope he goes back to his beastly form....ang just dominate with his post moves....

• odogtriever
    July 15, 2010 1:04 a.m.

Lets hope he means dedicating every thing he has to improving his defense!

Overall I am very happy with the last two days. Getting Raja back to play some tough D and help the younger players know what tenacity really is is going to be priceless. A few more clothlines on Kobe wouldn't be all that bad also.

• Buster
    July 15, 2010 1:29 a.m.

Oh, it is sweet to be in Utah this year.

Heaps and Apo, watching the Utes finish out their stint in the MWC as they prepare for the bigger stage, Jimmer and the BYU basketball squad looking to make some noise, and now the Jazz looking as if they will be serious.

The thing about sports is the unknown, and the unexpected.

It's a great year for Sports in Utah.

• tbone
    July 15, 2010 2:13 a.m.

Did I read that right? Greg Miller said "We're probably not going to win a championship."
    As a lifelong Jazz fan, I don't want just a "competitive team," I want them to bring home the hardware!
    I hope that was a misquote. Because after getting Jefferson and Raja, I am even more optimistic than the team owner, or so it sounds.

• Snack Pack
    July 15, 2010 4:25 a.m.

Miller, if were not a championship team, MAKE US ONE!

• toddfromsantaana
    July 15, 2010 4:29 a.m.

I did not care for Miller remark either, however, I like Jefferson

Once we see what he does in time, Miller will get more optimistic and change his tune

The Jazz potentially can finish 2-4 in the conference. No one knows if Ok city will be better I doubt it and I know Denver and Portland are not better. Maybe we even win this division

This guy is way bigger than Snoozer, look at him...

Younger also.

The concern only one i Have is when he gets he ball down low, the others keep moving and wait for cuts to the hole and I would like to see CJ score a lot of baskets that way, like a mini-Brewer slashing.

I am salvanating wondering how many open 3s CJ can make but he has to have a versed game

Yeah, it feels good tonight..

• JMT
    July 15, 2010 4:55 a.m.

Note to Mr Miller. You are a team and franchise leader. As such, you should not set such low expectations. Even if you think it is true, you don't say it. Now the entire team understands that failure is OK.

As with any mistake, don't repeat.

• nechochwen
    July 15, 2010 5:32 a.m.

It's not a misquote, but a calculated statement. As you can see, they want to work quietly. If he guarantees a championship like Gilbert, he puts a target on the Jazz. And then if they don't win after guaranteeing victory, he looks like a total dork. By making the team competitive, there's a chance at hardware. Words don't win or lose championships - actions do. Miller has to allow KOC to proactively build the team and the players have to perform on the court. Don't take his quote literally, because I'm confident by their actions they fully expect the team to win, reach the finals and win it all.

• Kakashi
    July 15, 2010 5:40 a.m.

i'd want Hayward to start...just really hope he'd start...so that he'll get confident early...and at the end of the season...becomes a big time player...i think he could be a hedo turkoglo or mike miller type of player...with better D...

• Draft dumbie
    July 15, 2010 7:12 a.m.

I think it is actually encouraging that Greg Miller is realistic about the team and thinks that this team, as currently constituted, still needs some more work to be in the running for winning a championship--that shows me that he still wants to improve the team, rather than "stand pat" with what we already have. I would have been discouraged, if he would have said "now we have the team to win a championship," while everyone else can tell we're still not quite there yet.

• Bugoff
    July 15, 2010 7:59 a.m.

Big AL is probably the best low post player in the W. He is not fast. He is better than Ming and I think he is better than Gasol.

I am no longer worried about his efficiency. A high percentage of his jump shots are over 2 or 3 defenders.

If he starts passing to the Jazz 3 point shooters (something he did not have in MN) his efficiency will go up.

DWill will cause his efficiency to go up as Big AL will get the ball at the right time and place.

It is not clear yet how he adjusts to the motion offense. But by Christmas that should be working for him.

The big concern is getting him to play defense and set picks. He could be good at D at C. He is not mobile enough to defend some PFs.

Utah now has a shot at LA. They can bang LA out of position. Millsap, AJ and Fes can keep Gasol out of his favorite spots. They can move Bynum. Odom is still a problem. Millsap and AJ will go right at the LA bigs. Fes can slam. The inside is brutal.

Bell can harass Kobe.

• Striker
    July 15, 2010 8:08 a.m.

No one ever talks about the emotional side of players in things like this. It's all about winning and the business side. I loved reading his comments about liking to play for a playoff team and a winning team. He was HAPPY. I think these players do feel the emotions of the game. People think they have the money so why should they ever feel down. Having your job be where you play for a losing team can't be fun. I enjoyed reading his comments related to how he feels. Refreshing for a change.

I just got re-excited about the Jazz again!

• Bankshot7
    July 15, 2010 8:16 a.m.

If and it's a big IF, the Jazz are consistent in developing Jefferson in his defense and outside shooting along with his inside passing, we could be very competitive in the West. If Raja is at or near his best, we could get to the finals. Fes needs to focus and if he does get some playing time and learns to defend without using his hands, we could bring home the "Gold". Go Jazz!!!

• LKA
    July 15, 2010 8:24 a.m.

@The Big One: A life like yours perhaps?? No Thanks.. I think what Greg said was just part of the conversation. Gilbert was way on the other side of the neddle. Standing next to Al it looks like Greg is well over six feet himself. His dad was a shorty. I wonder if Greg will ever dawn the number 9 this season. I think Bell will be great. Conditioning will be the nuber one key for everyone. Hire Malone as the conditioning coach..

• Bugoff
    July 15, 2010 8:29 a.m.

I also think Greg is being realistic. He can't spend the money that LA is spending. That means he has to use every $ wisely.

The Jazz are starting to go in a direction that could allow them to beat LA. They are little taller with AJ but they are much bigger. Boozer was a finesse player He had great moves but he was not a banger.

AJ, Millsap and Fes will go right at LA. That is hard for LA to defend. Further, AL, Millsap and Fes are big enough and strong enough to muscle Gasol and even Bynum out of position if they will do it.

The Jazz still lack someone to stop Odom at PF. AJ is to slow and Millsap is to short. Tomic might do it next year. AK might do it.

The Jazz 3 point shooting is getting decent with the addition of Bell. I am hopeful Hayward will also get good open looks in the flex.

That opens up the middle for AJ.

If the new Jazz can get AJ to play within the flex (Sloan will manage) and get him to play D, they are going to be formidable.

• ed
    July 15, 2010 8:56 a.m.

Miller said the right thing because it is true. The Jazz "probably" will not win a championship. the same can be said for 28 other teams....or maybe all 30. The probabilities are pretty staggering.

• Jazz-Nation
    July 15, 2010 9:02 a.m.

So far this off season is looking very good. If all our players can stay healthy, we have a REAL chance at taking home the hardware. I love what KOC has been doing, keep up the good work and you will be the GM of the year, not Pat Riley. We will know where we stand come trade deadline, if we need to add or subtract to our current roster. My only concern about Big Al, is the fact that he has never played a single play off game. He better get used to winning because he is a UTAH JAZZ NOW!!STARTING TO GET JAZZ FEVER!!!GO JAZZ!!

• Francisco d'Anconia
    July 15, 2010 9:04 a.m.

Give Greg Miller a break. There are 29 teams in the NBA that probably won't win a championship next year. The Lakers are the only ones who could legitimately say they "expect" to win a championship. Miller is just being realistic and honest. I prefer him over Dan "I'm a Crazy Owner" Gilbert any day. The worst thing he could do to his franchise was guarantee a championship.

• Observation-ist
    July 15, 2010 9:12 a.m.

If I'm pessimistic, I don't like an owner admitting he's expecting 2nd, 3rd, or ... place. Even if he is, he shouldn't say it in public.

If I'm optimistic, I think he's a realist and he knows the Jazz still need something more to be a championship team. Whether that's AJ and Fes getting some defensive intensity or AK becoming mentally tough, or a true backup PG for Deron (Sorry ... I'm not a Ronnie Price fan), the Jazz are close but not there.

I'm actually closer to an optimist than a pessimist. If Raja can stay healthy, I'm more excited now that I would be if Carlos and Kyle were still here.

As I think about a starting lineup of:
    PG Deron
    SG Raja
    SF AK
    PF Paul
    C AJ
    That's a pretty good starting group.

The bench then includes
    CJ playing the 2 behind Raja or the 3 behind AK
    Gordon Hayward earning minutes at the 3
    Fes subbing for AJ

That allows AJ or AK to slide over and play some PF. I'd call that some pretty good flexibility.

Go Jazz. I'm getting excited !!!

• klepsydra
    July 15, 2010 9:24 a.m.

The Miller comment is right on. The Jazz as currently constituted are not a championship team. I they play they can be in the top 4-5 teams in the league, but with their current roster that is their ceiling.

Until AK's massive contract comes off the books and Utah can make further additions that is where I see it. With another 1 or 2 key pieces they could be a championship team. We have a few players that could develop to fill those rolls nicely, but I still think we need defensive C like Camby or Wallace in their primes. Fez as the tools to be that type of player if he just develop the fire.

That being said it will be interesting to see how AK performs during his contract year.

Hayward is going to be a great piece in a few year too. I like the Bell addition because it give Hayward a little time to develop, and gives him a veteran player to learn from. If Hayward can pick up some of Bell's fire he will be a great player.

• patriot
    July 15, 2010 9:37 a.m.

Jefferson needs to 1)stay healthy 2) be willing to learn 3) become a good foul shooter and then keep himself in great physical shape. These are all the attributes that Karl Malone established and Booozer adopted - for the most part. Jefferson won't be over powered as Boozer often was and having Jefferson at power forward and Okur at center with AK on at small forward ought to bring some good toughness back to the Jazz. Okur has got to get healthy in a hurry for this to work. I think Jefferson is a better power forward rather than center.

• Dreylon
    July 15, 2010 9:45 a.m.

Cleveland wants to dump salary so how about we help them out by trading for Mo Williams and making things really interesting

• coachcarter
    July 15, 2010 11:34 a.m.

mo williams for the harp trade exemption?

• Wookie
    July 15, 2010 11:48 a.m.

mike...sell the team to someone who has the vision and backbone to create a championship team.

• onebigdaddy
    July 15, 2010 12:41 p.m.

Way 2 go Miller/Family & JAZZ — you always do it right .. GOT TO LUV YA!!

You know that the rest of the NBA is talking about what you just did..!!

2 great acquisitions - Jefferson & Bell — if nothing else happens during this off-season, the
    JAZZ will[again] be very competitive next season & for years to come.

Sorry to see Wes go but Bell will be as good if not better — shooting the 3 ball.

Two last thoughts —

1. don’t be surprised if Miami DOESN’T come out of the EAST next year.

2. Wouldn’t it be great if Utah/Utes would win the PAC [12] in football & then they played BYU in the
    Rose Bowl & BYU kick their BUTTS!!

• Sokol
    July 15, 2010 12:41 p.m.

Big Al is a great acquisition. Williams wants him and Minnesota fans want him back. We know talent.
    Jefferson is the meanest, toughest dude in the NBA..and now he is on our team.
    Bell can be incredible. Bell is Stockton and Malone tough. Bell's decision to take the Jazz over the Lakers speaks volume....He is a excellent addition.

• jepe
    July 15, 2010 1:31 p.m.

i was a skeptic at first, but the more i learn about Al the better this all sounds. add Bell to it all, and this gets better and better!

• LAJazzFan
    July 15, 2010 1:50 p.m.

I, apparently in the minority, am glad that the owner is realistic and not making ridiculuous promises. The West is still tough, and the additions of AJ and Bell put Utah back in the playoff mix with some upside that they could perform better than years past- but we will have to wait and see if that truly transpires.

I still see a gaping hole at the SF position. How does CJ cover for both AK and Bell? What if Bell is the backup, he really can't play the 3. Hayward is a rookie and even if he is smart and has some skills, he is a year or two from being a candidate for regular rotation minutes. We really need 1 more signing- Barnes, Amundson, etc. Financially costly if they don't unload AK by the trade deadline, but could make all the difference in postseason placement.

• NYJazzFan
    July 15, 2010 2:15 p.m.

On the G. Miller statement, even though he was just being realistic, he shouldnt have said it. You want an owner/manager to set a tone and set the bar to its highest level and guys will aim for that. Like Ryan with NY Jets.. guys need to believe that they can win it all or they lose interest - Quick! That being said, great moves by the front office. AJ is oozing with talent. only unknowns are whether Hayward will contribute or not. I think the opportunity for 14-18 minutes will be there behind AK. CJ will start and Bell will back him up..

• Big_Ben
    July 15, 2010 2:25 p.m.

Wow........Kevin O'Connor has come back to teh Zone!

• BillM75
    July 15, 2010 2:32 p.m.

Miller should have guaranteed a championship and said the Jefferson & Bell signings were just frivolous luxuries for the inevitable juggernaut dynasty, then trade every draft pick away for the next ten years because they aren't needed.

• toddfromsantaana
    July 15, 2010 2:42 p.m.

Brewer agent said officially it is over him coming back to the Jazz

I wish Ron the best great guy

It was the right decision

• toddfromsantaana
    July 15, 2010 2:44 p.m.

If you need another shooter to help fill the roster, Brian Scalabine could be had cheap I feel. He has good solid 25 foot range.

A player in Israel who has been very very successful could be a candidate maybe eventually to come here, and he is like 6'8 or so and a great shooter

USC David Blumenthal

• UkJazz
    July 15, 2010 4:14 p.m.

so now we have Bell is it 100% that Wes won't return ?

Or somehow is it still possible ?

He's a Sloan kinda player & surely if we were to sign him that would be the icing on top of the cake ?

• Bill L
    July 15, 2010 4:16 p.m.

I don't mind Miller's statement. AJ will be better next year. Hayward will be better next year. Okur should be better next year. Add Tomic and add a draft pick and the Jazz will be better next year. This year they will compete and improve...Next year they can/should contend...if all goes well.

• UkJazz
    July 15, 2010 4:16 p.m.

so now we have Bell is it 100% that Wes won't return ?

Or somehow is it still possible ?

• WYoJazzFan
    July 15, 2010 4:29 p.m.

If this isn't a dream come true then I am bummed. BUT if Bell passes his physical and both he and AJ join the JAZZ then I will be the most stoked fan alive. When I read about Bell being a FA a few months ago, I thought would it not be great if we could get him back. But, then it passed as I didn't think KOC had it in him to go after him. But now that is has happened I am totally stoked. What makes me even more stoked is that Kobe was going after him. Kobe wants to get all the players that give him fits on the Lakers so he won't have to deal with them taking him out of his play. Hip Hip HOORAY for the UTAH JAZZ. We are on the right track. GO FOR IT ALL.

• UTAH MAN AM I
    July 15, 2010 4:38 p.m.

I'll be interested to see how this move affects Fesenko. I think it'll be great for him to go up against a big tough dude like Jefferson in practice. Day in and day out he's going to have to go hard against AJ and vice versa, so with these two big bodies attacking each other I really think it'll help Fes develop his game and hopefully a little bit more competitive fire.

• snakenamedjoe
    July 15, 2010 4:51 p.m.

All you people complaining that Miller doesn't expect a championship this season apparently haven't looked at the roster in Miami.

• ET
    July 15, 2010 4:51 p.m.

They could start D-Will, Raja, CJ, Paul & AJ
    Then off the bench could be

Price, Hayward, AK, Memo & Fes.

That way you have a good mix of veteran guys with young guys.

• dwillfan
    July 15, 2010 5:41 p.m.

it's a great time to be a jazz fan!

hey sloan, what do you think of this lineup?
    pg — dwill
    sg — bell
    sf — millsap
    pf — aj
    c — okur

subs
    pg — price
    sg — hayward
    sf — cj
    pf — ak/evans (although undersized, evans is a hustler)
    c — amundson (please make this happen! he's a hustler much like dwill, millsap, bell and aj. move ak or do a sign and trade with the russian ostertag-fez)

fez...hmmm. sorry, chubs, nothing personal. this organization has decided to go in a different direction and there's just no room for slow, lurpy white dudes on this roster.

• Sokol
    July 15, 2010 5:45 p.m.

If I had to choose who in the NBA to add to the Jazz that fit their style and their goals...It would be 'Big Al' and the Bellmeister.

• Captain L
    July 15, 2010 6:25 p.m.

I'll be surprised if the starting lineup to start the season isn't DWill, CJ, AK, MIlsap & AJ. I think management thinks of CJ as the 2 of the future for the Jazz. The Jazz played their best basketball last year when AK was put back in the starting lineup and CJ only started playing at an acceptable level the last 2 months. CJ should continue to improve, Raja will give Sloan the veteran leadership and stability he wants for his second unit. Fes needs to improve but I think he will, Okur is a question mark as to exactly when he will be able to return and give meaningful minutes. Price will continue to give great effort and play tough defense. Hopefully, the Jazz keep Evans and help him develop. Hayward will get better and better as he gets playing time.

• Captain L
    July 15, 2010 6:48 p.m.

Re DWillfan : I don't think much of your lineup.
    First of all, Milsap can't play the 3,(except in rare occasions) AK needs to be on the floor as much as possible if he is healthy, CJ is better suited to play the 2, Raja could start depending on how CJ plays, but he will do what ever is best for the team, Milsap and AJ will be a dynamic duo and beasts on the boards. Fes in needed and hopefully he will continue to improve, we need his size,bulk,and altering shots. Hayward is a rookie and will probably take time to adjust but I think he will and I look for him to contribute more as the season goes on. I hope Evans makes the team and works hard to develop a shot, I like his upside.
    If we can bring Tomic over next year and add him to this team we can be very good and challenge anyone.
    I hope we can bring AK back next year at a reasonable price.

• shaybo
    July 15, 2010 7:34 p.m.

Starting line up will not include AJ at center, we did not make the trade to put him at center and get smaller than we were before. Milsap will come off the bench and be 6th man of the year.

• shaybo
    July 15, 2010 7:36 p.m.

No matter how much the KFez haters won't like it he will be starting at center opening night.

• shaybo
    July 15, 2010 7:52 p.m.

By the way Captain L, I am as anxious as anyone to get Tomic who was his league's MVP over here also, but he is going to have to take somewhere around a 4x cut in pay to come here so the Jazz are going to have to do some fast talking to get him here. For a "bird in hand" Tadija Dragicevic is ready and willing to play now, he was sent home from the Jazz summer league team with achilles tendonitis but is a 6'9" forward who can take it inside or hit threes and runs the floor very well. In 2008 he put up about the same numbers that made Tomic MVP in 2009 plus hit 43 percent of his threes. He also was on the Serbian team that stomped the USA all stars in 2007.

• Captain L
    July 15, 2010 8:03 p.m.

I think everyone needs to give KOC and the FO a lot of credit(even more than they've gotten) for pulling off what they have. If you think about it, we were all posting possibilities that we were hoping the Jazz would sign to help with the loss that would be created without Boozer in the lineup. I would have loved a Scola, Amundsen was often mentioned, Harrington, Beasley, Love, Haslem, and probably several others, a PF in the draft, several centers names were posted and in the end what did we get, probably the best option we could have hoped for, AL Jefferson a bonafide 20 / 10 guy that is young and hungry.
    Add to that signing Raja Bell, a vet, that is a tough hard nosed defender, good three point shooter and a leader.
    GREAT JOB KOC, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK !!!!!!

• Captain L
    July 15, 2010 8:10 p.m.

Shaybo, I don't think so, until Memo returns I think you'll see AJ at center. I have no problem with Milsap coming off the bench, in fact if Sloan would start Fes and help him get the minutes he needs to develop, I would be happier. I just think Sloan will put the best bigs on the floor he can. Again I have no problem with the idea of Milsap coming off the bench and Fes starting, in fact I love it. I hope your right.

• shaybo
    July 15, 2010 9:28 p.m.

I don't know Captain L, I just based what I'm thinking on what the Minnesota sports writer said in the 1280 the Zone interview, that he was not going to be a center except with the occasional match up exceptions, and with him at five and Millie at 4 were back to a pretty small lineup that the Lakers would eat for breakfast. He also said he had no desire to play defense but I really think that will change now that he's on a contender. As hard as he works on offense I believe he can on defense if he's motivated. By the way has anyone seen split stats maybe before and after all star game, I bet their quite a bit better after the break being back up to speed and in the flow of things.

• JazzyMan
    July 15, 2010 9:35 p.m.

Captain,I am inclined to believe that when the season starts,your starting lineup predictions will be true,but don't be surprised if Bell gets as many or more minutes at the two than CJ does.We all know from Sloan's history that who he starts at a particular position doesn't necessarily mean who gets the most minutes,esp at crunch time. Of course, we both know that this hunch of mine surely depends on whether Bell's caliber of play resembles the Bell of old.

• JazzyMan
    July 15, 2010 9:37 p.m.

Bye the way,does anyone know if and when Bell is coming to Salt Lake for a press conference?

• wayne
    July 15, 2010 10:40 p.m.

ditto snak pack. is this an indication that he wants to move the salary of AK. His overbearing, overpaying contract is the only asset the Jazz have that can make an impact on the the team.

I'm not saying that he is not a valuable member of the team. after all he is the original score book assassin. but he is a role player on our team. why should we have to pay him so much more than Dwill, and Jefferson.

the role he played on the team could be taken by Hayward. will be taken by Hayward after he gets his feet under himself.

• Captain L
    July 15, 2010 10:59 p.m.

I hope Fes starts until Okur gets healthy because that is what he needs to develop and if he gets the time he needs to develop that will make the Jazz that much better in the long run (by the playoffs).
    I'm wondering what Milsap is thinking? For a short time there he was probably thinking he was going to be the starting PF, which he could be if AJ starts at center but if AJ starts at PF, I wonder what Milsap is thinking.
    Unless Fes shows that he has worked on his game and improved, I wonder how much time he will get? His big body and physical attributes are what we need in the middle, so I hope he develops enough to demand playing time.

• hello people
    July 15, 2010 11:19 p.m.

In 08-09 he averaged 23 points and 11 rebounds a game so he can play for sure im excited the Jazz got him because he is and can be an All-Star in this league.

• Bugoff
    July 15, 2010 11:26 p.m.

After listening to Jefferson's press conf. I think the team chemistry is going to improve. Both Jefferson and Hayward appear to be team oriented.

Jefferson seemed very straight forward. No canned PR statements. He was pretty real with thoughtful answers. He addressed his weaknesses.

If he can adjust his game to fit the Sloan flex and if Jerry can run more of the offense thru the C (he can) Jefferson is going to put up huge numbers. If he can make adjustments and defend and pass out of double teams the Jazz are going to win a lot of games.

One of the Hoopsworlds types ranked Utah #2 in the West. Another ranked them about 3rd-4th. I am not ready to go that far (2nd) yet but things are looking better.

Several non Jazz media members are suggesting the Jazz are going to be very good, probably better than last year.

The Jazz have a lot of adjustments ahead of them but they have very good team leadership. It may take until Christmas for the team to gel.

• Bugoff
    July 16, 2010 12:02 a.m.

Until Okur gets back the Jazz really need an insurance player at PF/SF.

If Millsap gets hurt the Jazz have problems. AK could fill in or Fes would start and AJ move to PF. However, the probability of both AK and AJ being out a few games next year is fairly high.

Fes can not play PF.

I suspect the starting line up will be AJ, Millsap, AK, Bell and DWill. It is not clear how many minutes Bell will be able to play. That same line up is probably the closing line up.

If Fes gets 15 minutes each game as a back up C he will come along rapidly. He can do a lot of damage on the second team. All he has to do is rebound 6-8 and dunk 3 or 4 in 15 minutes while he defends. Hayward, CJ, and maybe AJ/Millsap/AK at PF can carry the scoring with DWill/Gaines at PG.

• Viva Los Jazz
    July 16, 2010 12:13 a.m.

RE: shaybo and Captain L
    I didn't realize we'd be getting Dragicevic this year, that will really give us some depth. I really love what the Jazz have done and how patient they've been to make moves. If we're able to sign a defensive minded center like Fesenko the sky is the limit. I'd love for this year to finally beat the Lakers in the playoffs and meet Chicago or Miami in the finals - I'm dreaming a bit. Win or lose this is a team that is going to contend next year and fun to watch.