Utah

Marie Osmond's son commits suicide

Comments

• Henry Drummond
    Feb. 27, 2010 2:41 p.m.

I'm very sorry to hear this. Depression is a real disease that is so difficult to deal with. I know people who are struggling with the same thing and wish there was a way to help them more effectively.

• KR
    Feb. 27, 2010 2:42 p.m.

This is just horrible. My prayers go out to Marie and her family.

Feb. 27, 2010 2:57 p.m.

This is a terrible thing for anyone to deal with.

Feb. 27, 2010 2:58 p.m.

having survived the suicide of someone I love, I know this grief and how complicated it will be, especially as a parent, I would imagine. They will question everything they've ever done that may have contributed to this tragedy, no matter how lovingly they raised Michael. It wasnt their fault... but they will have a lot of processing to do before they actually believe that. I am heartbroken for Marie, Brian and their families. Michael's at peace now, but for them, peace will come in time,I pray.

Feb. 27, 2010 3:00 p.m.

My heart goes out to Marie & her family. They have my prayers n sympathy.

• shawilli
    Feb. 27, 2010 3:02 p.m.

I am so sorry to learn of this devasating news that has happen in the Osmond family, I add my thoughts and prayers that God will calm and comfort and strengthen Marie and the entire Osmond family as they deal with this devasting loss.

• Condolences
    Feb. 27, 2010 3:02 p.m.

This is very sad to hear. My heart goes out to the Osmond family. Depression is such an insidious condition.

• LB
    Feb. 27, 2010 3:06 p.m.

Our thoughts and prayers will be with the entire family as they deal with this loss. I am so sorry that this happened, we just never know when it could happen to any of us.

• annonymous
    Feb. 27, 2010 3:12 p.m.

Our prayers are with the Osmond family.

• peg
    Feb. 27, 2010 3:13 p.m.

my heart goes out to maria and her family will be praying for you and yours

• Sandra
    Feb. 27, 2010 3:19 p.m.

My prayers are with your beautiful family. I can not say enough how sorry I am for your loss.

• Mark Thompson
    Feb. 27, 2010 3:35 p.m.

I have been a fan of the entire Osmond family since I was just a kid. I can't even imagine what Marie must be going through right now. My prayers will be with Marie, her ex-husband, her children, and the rest of her family through this terrible ordeal. May God's love surround, protect, and uplift them through their grief and loss.

• Depression is aweful
    Feb. 27, 2010 3:44 p.m.

..meds help most people, be can make it worse for others.

Peace

• annonymous
    Feb. 27, 2010 3:57 p.m.

Everyone pray for the family.
    That there will be peace in the Osmond's homes.

• Carol LeSueur
    Feb. 27, 2010 3:58 p.m.

My prayers are with the Osmond family and with Marie's son. I hope they all will feel peace when the storm has calmed.

• granny
    Feb. 27, 2010 4:08 p.m.

I am so sorry. So sorry.

Feb. 27, 2010 4:11 p.m.

Marie, I am so sorry. Talking with you really helped me when my son attempted suicide a few years ago. You're in my prayers.

• Ava
    Feb. 27, 2010 4:19 p.m.

I am so deeply sad for Marie's loss of her son, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!

• Anonymous 2
    Feb. 27, 2010 4:29 p.m.

I'm sorry to hear this. Our prayers are with you family.

• Anon
    Feb. 27, 2010 4:33 p.m.

People think the lives of those who are rich and famous are perfect and they have no problems because they have money. If you have read Marie's book about her battle with post-partum depression, you will understand she has faced many challenges in her life. My heart goes out to the Osmond family at this time.

Feb. 27, 2010 4:33 p.m.

I am really sorry. He was a cute kid. I really enjoyed his sweet sprit when he was in rehab. Our prayers are with you.

• Gretchen Thomas
    Feb. 27, 2010 4:42 p.m.

We were so sorry to hear the sad news. We love you, and will keep you in our prayers!

Feb. 27, 2010 4:42 p.m.

Brian, Marie,
    I am so very sorry for your loss. May you and your family find peace through The Comforter.

• Barb
    Feb. 27, 2010 4:44 p.m.

Marie and family,
    I am so sorry and sadden for you. I have seen others who have had a loss such as this, know that depression is a real disease and we have a very loving Heavenly Father who loves Michael as much as He loves me and you and all of his children. My prayers are with you you all.

• Carol
    Feb. 27, 2010 4:47 p.m.

We all send our prayer and sympathy to Marie and her family. Depression can be a deadly disease. We pray that God will comfort them and give them peace, knowing that their son is no longer suffering. Please send your loving thoughts to this family. Our family has suffered the loss of a loved one through suicide, and this is a very, very difficult time for the family.

• To the Osmonds and Blosils
    Feb. 27, 2010 5:08 p.m.

How your hearts must be hurting so much because of Michael's death. I'm so sorry for your loss of this young man. May God's angels enfold you at this time.

• a friend
    Feb. 27, 2010 5:21 p.m.

Hi Marie, I know that your candor about dealing with your own depression has helped countless others. As awful as this is, I know that Michael's death won't be in vain. There will be countless others who will now get the help they need, realizing how very serious this disease is. A strong, supportive family is not always enough and people shouldn't try and deal with this alone. May God bless and comfort you now, and always. Thank you.

Feb. 27, 2010 5:31 p.m.

This is very sad. What makes it more sad is that it might have happened during a relatively brief period of more extreme depression than normal, and if he somehow could have gotten through that or if someone could have stopped him, he would still be alive. Depression is a horrible thing. May God bless his family at this time.

Feb. 27, 2010 5:35 p.m.

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I have been through family members attempting suicide and that is hard enough. This has got to be excruciating. We are praying for you as you live through this very sad death of your child.

Feb. 27, 2010 5:43 p.m.

Suicide of a family member/friend is one of the most devastating trials to endure. The depression that takes one to that point is even worse. I'm so sorry for your loss and pray for peace and comfort to be with you. God will judge what was in his heart and his condition, not the public.

Feb. 27, 2010 6:03 p.m.

My Prayers go out to Marie and her son's father and their siblings. Very sad indeed.

• MichaelLinDFW
    Feb. 27, 2010 6:08 p.m.

Our many thoughts and prayers go with the Blosil's and the Osmond's through this most difficult of times. We cannot know your personal pain but we can share your sorrow.

Feb. 27, 2010 6:13 p.m.

Having grown up in the same era as Donnie and Marie and having attended one of their birthday parties, I feel compelled to make a brief statement. I'm sure that I can speak for all you fans in Utah as well as world-wide, to express our deepest sympathy's to the entire family. The news of Marie's son's passing is shocking to say the least, and hopefully this will bring the subject of depression into the light of day so that it may be discussed, researched and acted upon. Marie has taken enormous strides to bring issues like this to the fore-front. It is my sincere hope that the medical profession would finally acknowledge that treatment for mental/emotional disorders aren't being properly treated. Please know that you're in the worlds prayers, thoughts and be comforted by the fact that the world morns with you.

• Lynne
    Feb. 27, 2010 6:35 p.m.

My heartflet condolences to Marie and the family. There are no words or greater pain that I can imagine. Please knowthat people are lifting you up in their prayers. I pray GOD will surround you with Hid peace, love, mercy. I ask Him to comfort you in the days to come. God Bless You All

• Cathy
    Feb. 27, 2010 6:36 p.m.

My heart is greatly saddened with your tragic loss. My prayers are with you and your family. I know your deep faith will get you through this tragic event.

Feb. 27, 2010 6:45 p.m.

a few years ago I had the Honer of careing for Olive Osmond I have nerver been around such a Loveing or thoughful family I moved to Idaho after Olive pass away and miss George service I know how loveing you all are and no your son will be miss
    I to lost a family member three years ago to the same thing
    stay strong my deepest sympathys and prayers are with you Marie
    JoeAnn Remund

• Crist'l - Belgium
    Feb. 27, 2010 6:47 p.m.

You are NOT alone ... people all over the world are praying for everybody who loved Michael and his family and friends. I pray that you will all find the strength and courage to grief and that you will be allowed to do that with dignity.

• Vegas Friend
    Feb. 27, 2010 6:57 p.m.

I lost my brother this way. He was an alchoholic.
    He had been clean for 18 months and seemed happy and motivated. We got the call at 3 A.M., 3 days before Christmas in 1986. It was one of the most difficult things I have ever lived through. The guilt you feal as a family is horrible. In the end you have to realize that everyone has their agency. We are free to chose, to act or to be acted upon. We need to love and encourage those who have problems in this life, at the full capacity that we are able.

I have been in Marie's home. She's a great Mom.
    We all need to support and love her and her family as they go through this difficult time.

• Shirley Keitel
    Feb. 27, 2010 7:00 p.m.

I am 44 years old. i deal with my own mental health problems for over 5 years. i have been a member of the church of jesus christ of ladder-day saints for 1 1/2 years. My ward has helped me a lot. And i thank god for them. It hurts me so much to hear people young one that take there own lives because of depression. if you know someone who is having problems, get them help.

I pray for Marie Osmond, her children and the rest of the osmond family.

• Patty
    Feb. 27, 2010 7:21 p.m.

To The Blosil and Osmond Families,
    I send my heartfelt condolences. My our Heavenly Father pour out his blessings of peace and comfort on you during this difficult time.

• ANNON
    Feb. 27, 2010 7:35 p.m.

I guess Job needed to "get his life together" also? My husband and all of my children suffer from clinical depression. I am dreading the day my son may succumb to suicide. Also, I have been through similar marital situations as Marie has experienced. Please don't judge others until you have walked in their shoes (which others can never do). Some of us have been "blessed" to be trusted quite heavily by our Heavenly Father by having to endure and rise above some severe trials. Given our options, we would choose to NOT be so blessed, but He knows us better and knows what we need to become. My heart goes out to Marie and her family.

• anonymous
    Feb. 27, 2010 7:40 p.m.

My heartfelt condolences to Marie and her ex-husband. No one can ever know the secret places of a parent's heart for their child. There is no blame for this death, only hope and love. Rest, dear child.

• Suzanne
    Feb. 27, 2010 7:48 p.m.

To Michael's family: We lost our youngest son Feb. 9 to an overdose at age 24. Our hearts break Your family; it is a pain no one understands until you go through it. We are so sorry. Depression and hopelessness are taking too many young people; their pain is real. Spending time on your knees is the only way to make it through this. know that Michael is with his Heavenly Father, grandparents and other family who will love him, guide him and help him progress. We are so, so sorry.

• keithklan
    Feb. 27, 2010 7:56 p.m.

How very, very sad. We are praying for your family. The Osmands have sure had their share of heartbreak.
    May the spirit carry you these next few days...

• donna
    Feb. 27, 2010 7:57 p.m.

Dear Marie i am so sad for your family i lost my son when he was only eighteen and the pain is still hard 'but it has been eight years it is still hard but with gods help and time you will get through this my prayers and thought go out to you and your family

• Karen in Ga
    Feb. 27, 2010 8:11 p.m.

Best wishes and thoughts and thoughts and prayers to all of Micheal Blosil's family. I am so sorry for the loss of such a young life and for what the family is going through. I know your faith and family love will be your strength and get you through..But know that many throughout the world are joining in prayers for you all..
    With Love
    Karen

• Gayle
    Feb. 27, 2010 8:14 p.m.

Dear Marie, I am so sorry for you and your family. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I know Our Heavenly Father will send blessings to you and your family. I love you, Sister Taylor.

• LORNA
    Feb. 27, 2010 8:15 p.m.

Marie, We are close to the same age and i have been a fan for years. Your real life attitude and example have touched me as you had such poise and strength through many difficulties. May you know that you and your family are in our prayers. Depression and addiction are so personal and difficult to understand for those who have never dealt with those issues. I have. You did every thing right and nothing you could have done or said would have stopped this tragedy. Do not ever blame yourself. Depression is a dark empty hole. He's now at peace. Please know you are a hero.

• from MO
    Feb. 27, 2010 8:17 p.m.

Marie, Brian, and children: I have a child who is bipolar--she has stuggled for 15 years, and this could have been her. So many of us know the pain and difficulties you have had, and will have in the near future. God loves all children, and those who suffer with an illnes such as Michael's are kept in his loving care. So many are praying for you. I know life is eternal and prayer is a comfort and a strength. God bless you all.

• Joy
    Feb. 27, 2010 8:22 p.m.

Marie, I am so very sorry for you and your family--God Bless.Peace- Love, Joy

• Juan Figuroa
    Feb. 27, 2010 8:29 p.m.

Tragic. But to the family and his friends: Banish from you head the thought "If only I had...".

Here's the truth: Even if you had managed to do your "if only," tomorrow or the next day, Michael still would have found a way. It is neither possible, nor loving, nor healthy, to monitor another human being every minute of every day.

Instead, know that because you performed so many kindnesses, he was alive for 18 years. It could have been much shorter.

• Carolyn
    Feb. 27, 2010 8:31 p.m.

I am sorry. May God be with you and your family.

• Gerard
    Feb. 27, 2010 8:32 p.m.

So sorry to here of your loss.....you are in our prayers...Gerard

Feb. 27, 2010 8:39 p.m.

He had depression, because he did not feel that he was loved.
    My heart goes out to all of Marie's children.
    I hope Heavenly Father sees the sorrow that, that young man saw.
    Pray for all the members of this lovely family.
    God bless them all!

• Susan
    Feb. 27, 2010 9:02 p.m.

I am so sorry. Stay strong Marie and Brian through yet another great loss and know that you are in the prayers of so many. May God heal your broken hearts in His time.

• Brian and Marie
    Feb. 27, 2010 9:08 p.m.

My heart just aches for you and what you are going through. I hope that you will be able to find peace and strength during this difficult time. There are some wonderful hymns that can soothe the soul, that soothing comes from the Spirit. God bless you as you walk down this path and go through such heartache. I was just sharing with someone that when we know someone and they go through a trial, we have empathy for them. I believe it is a minute sampling of what the Atonement is all about. Our Savior knows and understands your pain so deeply.

Feb. 27, 2010 9:30 p.m.

The children have been left behind.Pray for all of Marie's children.May our Father protect them from more sorrow and sadness.
    May your family be comforted at this sad time.
    We love you all! God bless you. God lives and will answer all your prayers.
    Peace be with you!

• CP
    Feb. 27, 2010 9:31 p.m.

Marie and family: I am so sorry to hear of the death of your son, brother, nephew. May God bless you at this time and give you the peace to endure this trial and to hold on together.

Feb. 27, 2010 9:31 p.m.

Depression is real...and the majority of people out there do not understand...they think that people can get over very easily...I suffer from depression and I'm on meds, but sometime I still feeling empty inside...it is a battle we have to fight with the help of our Father in Heaven

• Terri in NJ
    Feb. 27, 2010 9:34 p.m.

My heart goes out to Marie and Brian as well as their other Children.Words cannot express the pain in my heart I feel for all of you.May God Bless you.May you and your family find peace In God.

• David
    Feb. 27, 2010 9:38 p.m.

God Bless the Osmond family and the
    Blosil family.

My Prayers are with you tonight.

• nettie munson
    Feb. 27, 2010 9:47 p.m.

you are definitely in my prayers, please at this terrible time for you and for you family lean on your faith that you have in god and in your ward, and in the lds church.this is not the end for michael, remember he was sealed to you and your ex husband for time and eternity. depression is a terrible thing for anyone to go through, and with his age i am sure he probably thought he had no way out , he is no longer in pain, he is resting with heavenly father right now. i send my complete sympathy to you and the rest of the osmond family

• Anonymous@9:31 p.m.
    Feb. 27, 2010 9:55 p.m.

I will say a prayer for you and many prayers in the future for you.
    Depression is so real.
    Someone is thinking about you and does care.
    You will be in my daily prayers.
    We are all GOD'S children.
    If I could save just one soul.
    Maybe it is you!

• Lin
    Feb. 27, 2010 9:57 p.m.

God Grant You The Serenity.......to Accept the things you cannot change.........the courage to change the things you can.........and the wisdom to know the difference.
    This is my daily prayer, My daughter and I suffer with depression.With help, mine is under control. But......for a young person feeling like they are an adult, they don't want to take medications to help them. They want to be OK without them. That's when the parents nightmare begins.
    Marie, I'm sure I speak for thousands of parents with teenage kids. It's a different world out there now. We have to have faith, love and courage.
    God Bless and protect you and your family every day,
    With much love, Lin

• Observer
    Feb. 27, 2010 9:59 p.m.

May Michael be at peace at last and may Almighty God send the Comforter to be with the Osmond family at this tragic time.

• CONDOLENCES
    Feb. 27, 2010 10:00 p.m.

We had a similar problem in our family and didn't even suspect it.

One thing I remember that a friend at the funeral which had a similar experience said:

"Forget 2 words --- WHAT IF --- as they won't do any good and they will tear you apart. It is easy to say what if we had only gone fishing last week or whatever.

• JNA
    Feb. 27, 2010 10:00 p.m.

Depression hurts so bad. I hope that people will recognize that this is a disease that many times cannot be helped. There are many people who dont understand why people can be depressed. As one who lives with it day after day and the horrific pain it causes, I wish the Osmond/Blosil families the very best and pray for peace in their lives.

• ifeelthe pain
    Feb. 27, 2010 10:04 p.m.

I have been there no one really knows how you feel when it sets in. My prayers go out to the Osmonds and all those in time of depression. Life is worth living. There is hope for you.

• Deborah
    Feb. 27, 2010 10:09 p.m.

My prayers are with you this cold winter's night. I pray that you will have the warm presence of the Comforter.

• jan
    Feb. 27, 2010 10:11 p.m.

I am so sorry for your loss! Depression is real and it is a horrible disease. Your family will be in my prayers. May Heavenly Father comfort you at this tragic time.

• Rosa
    Feb. 27, 2010 10:11 p.m.

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I remember watching your shows as a teenager, I am a big fan and have always admired you.
    You are a kind person who always shines with positive energy. May the Angels wrap their arms around you and your family to comfort your pain.

• penny
    Feb. 27, 2010 10:20 p.m.

So sorry for the loss of your Son , My Heart and prayers go out to the Osmond Family ....

• Portland Yid
    Feb. 27, 2010 10:24 p.m.

Having worked in mental health for years I know that no one blames the surviving parents and other family members more than they blame themselves. Blaming one's self following the suicide of a child or other family member is both natural and insidious. Fortunately the greatest source of healing for such terrible pain is the presence and support of close friends and family, something, fortunately, the Osmond family has in abundance. It is this support that will shield them from the sick reality of those who choose only to point fingers. Sadly, there are always going to be poisonous people around like sparks24 who are so consumed with self-loathing that they feel they can only lift themselves out of their own personal pit of self-hatred by searching out others who are suffering and then piling on the blame in an effort to convince themselves that someone else is even more contemptible than themselves.

Personally, I wish only to extend my condolences to the Osmond and Blosil families. I am deeply sorry for the tragic loss of Michael and only wish the family well.

Feb. 27, 2010 10:47 p.m.

Seeds only grow where there is positive energy.
    Not just ourselves.
    Our children come first.
    They are the new seed of our generation.
    We have to give them a chance.
    And not think of ourselves.
    God bless the Osmond family and everyone else out there.
    Peace be with everyone that has depression in their families.
    Please reach out to everyone one now.
    Seeds have to be watered to grow!.
    God bless and protect us all from the evils of this world.
    To the Osmond families and everyone out there.

Feb. 27, 2010 11:01 p.m.

My prayers are with everyone with depression.
    I don't think a chemical man-made is the answer.
    Prayers that are sincere are the answer.
    Please TRUST IN GOD, he is the answer.
    We need to stop and think: Help each other and forget ourselves.
    Peace to the Osmonds and everyone else out their with depression.
    I will pray for you.
    You are my brothers and sisters.

• Joe
    Feb. 27, 2010 11:31 p.m.

So sad!

• To Anonymous
    Feb. 27, 2010 11:56 p.m.

Many conditions of chemical imbalance in the brain definitely need medication..not just prayers. Prayers are fine and necessary, but so is medication. Serious medical conditions require medication. My condolences to the family members.

• Anne
    Feb. 28, 2010 6:08 a.m.

Very sad that depression is such a terrible illness for our young adults to have to cope with. Your large family will be such a comfort to you at this time. God will take care of him now.You are in everyones prayers have faith...

Feb. 28, 2010 6:14 a.m.

Our thoughts and prayers are with Marie and her family.

• Melanie Restrepo
    Feb. 28, 2010 6:15 a.m.

My dearest Marie,
    I cannot begin to imagine the agony you are suffering due to this terrible loss of your son. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers through this period.
    Your devoted fan,
    Melanie Restrepo

• anonymous
    Feb. 28, 2010 8:30 a.m.

Marie, A few years ago you were interviewed about your son who had just entered rehab. You said, and I am para-phrasing here, that this was his story to tell, but that as a mom you were incredibly proud of him. You gave voice to the feelings I had about my son, but could not put into words. Since that time I have used your words numerous times and I thank you for that. I am so sorry for your loss. Peace.

• Sam Johnson
    Feb. 28, 2010 9:23 a.m.

I am so truly sorry for the family, and every family that has to endure this. I feel deeply for this young man as well. Peace be with his family and with him, may he find rest in our Lord's arms. I pray that leadership both high level and local leadership may reach out in compassion to those in need, that they may be able to give the council, acts and words of comforted that are needed. May the Lord hear the prayers of those who cry out to him in pain and agony, and may his shepherd's shepherd all of us where every we may be.

Feb. 28, 2010 9:24 a.m.

Marie and her family have just joined the most insidious club you never want to belong to, suicide survivors. You will survive this though it is the hardest thing. There are really good support groups and you will all need counseling but get through these initial days feeling the love of your family and friends. You will have the most intense feelings of guilt and of anger that you will ever know but they will subside. Forgive him quickly and know that he is being cared for and helped in his eternal progressions; focus on the progression of those left behind.

• Your Sweet Michael
    Feb. 28, 2010 10:57 a.m.

was a very musically talented and gifted young man, even at an early age. Brian and Marie, you are good parents, you did all you could possibly do for all of your children. You were always so good and generous to my boys as they grew up. Thank you again for your kindness and compassion for them. Michael's memory will live on, and you will be able to perhaps forge ahead with assisting others who find themselves in similar depression/challenges. Michael was always well behaved and a sweet boy growing up. May you find comfort and peace knowing you DID do all you could for him to feel loved. My family's prayers are with you and your children. Michael is perhaps finding his grandmother, Olive and grandpa, George with a happy reunion and open arms. Let them help carry him from now forward. Christ is there too to help you all through this difficult time. Blessings to you and all your extended families as well who will feel your loss and theirs as well. Know that so many will be praying for you and Michael during this time. God Bless. Anna, "Bubba", Matt & Michael Mc.

• mary in TN
    Feb. 28, 2010 12:34 p.m.

To Michael's family, YOU are in our thoughts and prayers, May God bless you all

• karen
    Feb. 28, 2010 1:07 p.m.

I am so saddened marie and the whole osmond family to hear about your son. i have gone through grief with a close family member God bless all of you.

• Linda Q
    Feb. 28, 2010 1:23 p.m.

Having lost someone to the horrible illness of clinical depression followed by suicide, (just three years ago this month), I so understand what horrible pain Marie is in. I just send my prayers and love to her and all of Michael's family, that somehow God helps them through, one day at a time.
    Hugs Marie, will have you in my heart!

Feb. 28, 2010 1:40 p.m.

Marie and family, It was with deep sorrow I heard of your loss! Your son will always be remembered as a loving son, with two dedicated parents.
    God Bless you all.

Feb. 28, 2010 2:09 p.m.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

• T. G. from Canada
    Feb. 28, 2010 3:07 p.m.

It is with great pain & sadness that I read about this terrible loss of yours. I cannot stop crying. I have battled depression since the age of 21; I'm now 42. I'm still hoping for an effective treatment. I have tried all I can. I pray there will be a cure for depression one day so beautiful people such as your son, will never suffer and die from this ever again. My heartfelt prayers are with you. May God give you strength and bless your son who I pray is in the arms of his grandparents. Sometimes all the help, love, faith, medication and medical attention you can possibly give is just not enough to combat this serious, life-threatening illness, but never give up hope as we still have that for the future. No one is to blame for this except for the illness itself. Someone, someday WILL find a cure. He will not have died in vain; let this spark a strength in all of us to fight this illness together for as long as it takes.

• Minnie
    Feb. 28, 2010 3:33 p.m.

Marie I am so sadden to hear of your loss. I will be praying for you and your family.It was the hardest thing in my life when I lost my son.
    My God Bless You and Yours.

• The Bauman's
    Feb. 28, 2010 5:57 p.m.

To Brian, Marie and the childern, May God Bless you all, and comfort you. May he help you find peace. I wish I could say more to help you,to take the hurt away... but there are no words. Just know you have the love and support of SO many.

• Laura
    Feb. 28, 2010 6:01 p.m.

I'm very sadden to hear you & your family lost. You are in our prayers & thoughts. God - bless you all & keep you in his blessed hand. With Love Laura.

• Nicole (Canada)
    Feb. 28, 2010 6:13 p.m.

Very sad to hear about Marie's son and hope that the family can get thru this in time. RIP Micheal

• Sonny
    Feb. 28, 2010 6:49 p.m.

Each and every day we raise to new challenges and pray that what we have done is sufficient. Suicide takes us all on a path of doubt, regret and shame. To those of us who have suffered a loss via suicide, only time and prayer will ease this pain.

To the Osmond family... think of his smile and those times when he laughed uncontrollably. Remember those silly jokes, the times at the table when he did something silly that upset mom and dad. Sit down around a table/ a sofa and simply talk about him.

my prayers are with you

• christine hunter
    Feb. 28, 2010 7:21 p.m.

My husband suffers from depression so my heart goes out to the osmand family may god bless you

• Michigan
    Feb. 28, 2010 11:52 p.m.

Dear Marie and the Family Our Prayers are with you and the Family , so so sorry so so sad, for someone to take there young life. Keep strong.

March 1, 2010 12:22 a.m.

Dear Marie & family,
    May our Savior bless & comfort you at this time & in the days ahead. May the Atonement ease your pain & may the Holy Ghost abide with you. You & your family & extended family have always brought so much joy to everyone across the air waves. May everyone that has been touched by all of you remember you in their prayers. May the sweet peace that comes from our Savior help you to endure this trial in your lives.
    Pres. Monson spoke of having "a deep foundation of faith" and "a solid testimony of truth" in order to "face challenges and difficulties". May your deep faith in Jesus Christ bring you comfort, peace & the love of Him who gave us the most wonderful gift of "the atonement". May you help one another & love one another.

• Anthea
    March 1, 2010 3:10 a.m.

My thoughts and prayers are with Marie and her family
    and all of you. Such a tragic loss. I know how Marie feels as I lost my 21 year old son Vinnie Carta in a 'road collision' 5th November 2007.
    Marie's heart is broken just like mine.
    But Aunt Marie and all of you will find the 'inner strength' to go on and remember and talk about Michael as much as you need to. We will never forget him.

• Annie
    March 1, 2010 8:17 a.m.

This just breaks my heart. My deepest condolences to Marie and her family. You are in our prayers.

• Sandi
    March 1, 2010 8:20 a.m.

I am deeply saddend by the loss you have suffered.I pray that you may find some peace during this extremely difficult time. God be with you and your loved ones.

• Linda
    March 1, 2010 9:48 a.m.

I`m so very sorry for your loss.
    It`s so very heartbreaking when we loose a child
    so tragic.

• Many prayers For Marie Osmond :(
    March 1, 2010 10:39 a.m.

And the Entire Family here in Utah region~

• Kim, UK
    March 1, 2010 11:06 a.m.

I've been an Osmond fan since childhood. My heart goes out to you all. This is just too sad for words. There but for the grace of God..... xxxx God bless you Michael.

• karen
    March 1, 2010 12:11 p.m.

I send my love and prayers for the entire Osmond Family, this wonderful family touched my life with the gospel, and brought me joy all my life. I lost my father through sucide 26 years ago. And it was through the love and guidance of my Heavenly father and my saviour Jesus Christ and the Book of Mormon, that helped me through the darkest of days. I was not a member of the church then, but joined some years later. I know that Micheal will find his peace in the next life. And I know that Heavenly Father did not fail him. I pray that all the family will find peace in the gospel of Jesus christ and the support of the Church, and the love of us fans to see them through this difficult time. May the Lord bless you.

• Liss
    March 1, 2010 7:21 p.m.

My heart hurts for you and your family Marie. Words cannot express the sadness I feel for you. Please know you are all in y thoughts and prayers.
    Lisa LaBrake

• Brenda
    March 1, 2010 9:10 p.m.

Marie and family,
    YOu are soooo loved by so many that you have helped through the years with your strength and inspiring words. May you now feel the love and constant prayers for you to find peace and comfort at this very trying and difficult time. YOu are a WONDERFUl role-model as a woman, MOTHER, and friend. May you feel the loving arms of God (and your parents) around you at this time.

• Tammy
    March 2, 2010 7:43 a.m.

May you find peace and comfort knowing that Michael walked right into the arms of his grandparents when he left this world. He is not alone. He loves you and I'm sure this was a very hard choice for him to make. However, he will always be close by watching over you and finding the peace that he was in such great need of. My love and prayers are with you and your family. Thank goodness for the Gospel and it's teachings. If not for that, none of us could get through most of the test that are placed before us.

• Adele
    March 2, 2010 8:12 a.m.

To Kathy Blosil, My prayers are with you, your brother and all the Blosil's. I had just asked about you when talking to Robin the other day. Please know our family cares.

• JayeG
    March 2, 2010 2:10 p.m.

What a tremendous tragedy and shock for all who loved and cherished him. My deepest sympathy for his family, his friends, and the LEO & EMS responders to the scene of his death.

• sis inscore
    March 2, 2010 3:41 p.m.

Marie and Family,
    the loss of a child is devistating; the emptiness is profound, the heartache never ends but in time your heart will feel the pain less. As a mother who lost a child I can say how much my heart hurts for you. We do have eternity...but that does not ease the pain right here and now. God be with you and yours in this extremely painful times. Your sister in Christ, Sister Inscore

• awsomeron
    March 3, 2010 3:42 a.m.

This is about Marie Osmonds Son dying, not about her life.
    as such.

My familys Prayers and best wishes go out to her family and extended family.

We are all deeply sorry for your loss.

Marie we are deeply sorry that you lost your Son.

• Janet Robles-Star, Idaho
    March 3, 2010 6:34 a.m.

Dear Marie,
    I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your son Michael. May the Lord take you into His arms and comfort you and your family. I will keep you in my prayers.
    Marie, I have suffered from this devastating illness of depression for years. I desperately want to get well, as it affects every area of my life almost every day. I need help, so I am reaching out publicly, right now to ask for it.
    Please take good care of yourself during these difficult times. You are a lovely person and a wonderful mother with a lovely family. Faith and family can be very comforting.
    Sincerely,
    Janet Robles

• susy from Vegas
    March 3, 2010 12:11 p.m.

I am so sorry....

• Jo-Anne Humphrey
    March 3, 2010 7:35 p.m.

awsomeron wrote these words unbelievable cold words: This is about Marie Osmonds Son dying, not about her life.as such.... I can only think he has no heart. Michael is beyond suffering now, however his mother, siblings and other family are now baring this unbearable loss. My heart goes out to them all as do my prayers. Jo-Anne from Canada

• Kenny
    March 4, 2010 1:54 p.m.

So very sorry. I will never understand why such a wonderful family has to suffer such pain and sorrow.

• anonymous Mom
    March 4, 2010 7:21 p.m.

Dear lovely Marie and family, I understand what you're going through, and my heart breaks for you. I lost my oldest son from a heart attack 2 years ago, and the grief is still so raw that there isn't a day that goes by that I don't weep for the loss of him. May God bless your family, and may you rejoice in the knowledge that you'll see him again one day in Heaven.

• Kay Prow
    March 5, 2010 3:24 p.m.

I know our Heavenly Father is watching over you and I know The Holy Ghost will guide you.
    I lost my Michael and if I did not believe in Our Heavenly Father I would not have been able to go on. My prayers are with you and your family.

Aloha,

• Susan
    March 8, 2010 5:53 p.m.

Dear Marie I cannot imagine the heartache and pain you are suffering at this time ...I am so sorry for all that you are going through with this unexpected loss of your loving son. This is a journey we don't understand unless we have been in your shoes but we love you and hope and pray that you can hang on . You have been through so much in your life yet you are such an example and bring joy to so many around you. We may wonder why a loving Heavenly Father would allow this to happen for what ever reason this is a test of your faith and your son will be watching over his sweet mother in peace in the arms of our savior. Your son is a saturdays warrior and he does have great purpose he will still fulfill his purpose and wait for his family to join him . My heart aches for you and I just hope you take care of yourself and allow yourself to be loved and taken care of by your family and friends and let your heart rest you are beautiful and do so much rest marie we all love you.