Utah Utes women's basketball: Sawyer uses strengths to bolster team

Comments

• Louisiana Cougar
    Feb. 23, 2010 1:19 a.m.

This young lady has had a solid career for the Utes.

Elaine has had a great eye for talent and she did a fine job evaluating Sawyer.

I hope the Utes finish the year well, and am confident that this young woman will be a great contributor to the world around her!

Thanks for the feature story! Any Father would like to have a daughter like this!

• BYU fan
    Feb. 23, 2010 7:09 a.m.

I'm not a Ute fan. But I compliment Coach Elliot on being willing to recruit players from places like Panguitch, Helper and the middle of nowhere in Nevada. BYU could learn some recruiting lessons from Coach Elliot.

• Troy Norris
    Feb. 23, 2010 7:50 a.m.

Great story, I to would like to thank coach Elliot on taking chances on small town girls. Halie is as hard of worker as you could find. We love you Halie and are very proud of you.

• Anonymous
    Feb. 23, 2010 8:18 a.m.

Halie you have made us all proud of you not just because you play ball for the Utes, But because of who you are. Good luck

• Great role model
    Feb. 23, 2010 8:27 a.m.

My daughter is from a small town close to where Halie is from. She has attended the Utes camp for several years. Halie has taken a special interest in her and has encouraged her to do her best. She is such a great role model for all young ladies who are interested in athletics.

• Panguitch
    Feb. 23, 2010 9:27 a.m.

Halie, you have represented your community so well. Way to go! We are cheering for you to finish your season strong and continue living an exemplary life of doing good.

• Sheldon Roundy
    Feb. 25, 2010 6:13 a.m.

Halie,good luck on the rest of your year at Utah. You are a great example to all the young girls in our rural communities. Keep up the hard work and enjoy the remaining time you have there.You were very difficult to defend when we use to try to make a coaches game plan to play panguitch. In my mind you were maybe the very best that i was able to see play this game we all love so much.Especially at these small schools.I even hope you harvest more of those wiley ole mule deer. Finish strong and have some fun along the way.