BYU, Utah Utes baseball: Utes picked 4th, BYU 5th in MWC preseason poll

Comments

• akk
    Feb. 16, 2010 6:15 a.m.

Go Utes!!!!!!!!!!!

• huckleberry
    Feb. 16, 2010 9:36 a.m.

well utes, between this poll and the red rock, you guys should have something to cheer about.

• yewts can be :)
    Feb. 16, 2010 12:30 p.m.

yewts don't need to be depressed anymore. Well, at least until the actual games are played. LOL

• why dominance
    Feb. 16, 2010 12:48 p.m.

The coogs sure are having a good year.

Next time you "dominate" the Utes try to at least win the conference... it didn't happen in football and unless you get lucky won't happen in basketball either. Even if you do happen to tie for a championship again, do you really think you will win a game in the NCAA tournament? I don't.

Keep talking though because it makes it that much more special when you fall. Me and all my drunk friends will be there to celebrate....duh.

• Lobos vs Texas
    Feb. 17, 2010 8:49 a.m.

Go Lobos represent the MWC

• Disappointed
    Feb. 17, 2010 10:17 a.m.

First off, I'm going to set up a website dedicated soley to BYU vs. Utah bickering and charge all you genuises a fee to use it.

Back to baseball: 5th place in the MWC sounds about right for the Cougars, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them slip to 6th and probably even lose a game or two to AFA.

It's hard to believe that a team which lost 5 draft picks, and graduated their best offensive performer will be able to replace them with freshmen and rusty RM's. Also not a good sign that the #1&2 starting pitchers both had ERA's over 7.00 last year as relievers.

The bigger problem: BYU has no mental toughness. I could support my opinion with some specifics, but anybody who has seen them play in the last two years knows what I'm talking about. Every year there is talent (mostly offensive), but they consistently underachieve as a team.

I'm disappointed to see a school with great facilities and successful football and basketball programs have such a mediocre baseball program.

I hope they prove me wrong this year.