Utah Jazz: L.A.'s Chris Kaman, not Carlos Boozer, late All-Star addition

Comments

• Good news for the Jazz
    Feb. 8, 2010 1:07 p.m.

If I remember correctly Karl Malone played some of his best games after learning that he got an all-star shaft. Boozer will light up LA.

• kge
    Feb. 8, 2010 1:11 p.m.

Both Karman and Boozer are playing well. I'd be more concerned about getting some rest, avoiding another injury and eating fish tacos than going to that joke of a game.

• PCJazzFan
    Feb. 8, 2010 1:18 p.m.

The outdoor cafe at Cabo Pacifica has the best fish tacos and ceviche!!

Enjoy and get ready for the stretch run!

• Boozer will score 63 tomorrow
    Feb. 8, 2010 1:21 p.m.

Remember when Malone was shafted for AC Green. He played the Bucks the next night and had a career night...

Look for the same to happen on Tuesday...

I have an inside source...

• nottyou
    Feb. 8, 2010 1:29 p.m.

Hope Carlos doesn't get the quick-step for the balance of the season...wouldn't surprise me though.

• Payback
    Feb. 8, 2010 1:31 p.m.

As luck would have it, Boozer will be playing against the very guy they picked over him. I wouldn't be surprised if Boozer goes OFF tomorrow night.

• Loozer
    Feb. 8, 2010 1:45 p.m.

Boozer is no Mailman. He lacks the competative spirit and talent Malone had. Any induications he will have "light up" LA are an absolute joke. get real

• RE: LOOZER
    Feb. 8, 2010 2:24 p.m.

How many years have you played in the NBA and where do you get off judging Boozer? Have you even ever stepped onto a regulation basketball court?

I DON'T THINK SO!!!

P.S. NICE SPELLING

• Anonymous
    Feb. 8, 2010 2:39 p.m.

Oh yea Boozer is a Loser, Geez grow up poster at 1:45, yea you don't get to Duke if you are a loser, then get into the NBA and stick in the league ulness you work hard Grow up out there, no he isnt a Karl Malone, well who is, grow up!

• RE: LOOZER
    Feb. 8, 2010 2:50 p.m.

This is directed toward mr CAPS LOCK who replied to Loozer. You obviously have not been a Jazz fan for more than the past month. Boozer is a virus. He may be a good basketball player, but he lacks the motivation and drive that would make him an all-star. Remember when he didn't want to play for the Jazz anymore.... Have you ever played organized sports? Clearly you have no idea what motivation and drive are.

I DON'T THINK SO.... blah blah blah.

• HaHaHaHoHoHo
    Feb. 8, 2010 3:00 p.m.

All I can do is be amused by this decision...Sorry Boozer. He was probably hoping for an all-star berth to build credibility as he hopes for $13/yr with some other team. And to think we thought the burn he did to the Cavs was only a one time thing!

HaHaHaHoHoHo

• He could have done better
    Feb. 8, 2010 3:24 p.m.

Now if Stern wanted to really get talked about, he would have selected Andre.

• RE: RE:Loozer
    Feb. 8, 2010 3:55 p.m.

RE: Loozer you obviously haven't been a jazz fan for long either!

If you had been you would stop complaining about our most consistent player of the year and be happy about the fact that we're in 3rd right now, instead of 8th as we were last year without him!

You obviously have no common sense either. Someone who lacked motivation and drive would never be able to be a professional athlete on any level!

Get over it!!!

• Agreed
    Feb. 8, 2010 4:06 p.m.

Yes, people, get over Boozer. Sure he said some stupid comments but there are two sides to every story. Who knows what managment said to him. I, for one, was very unhappy with Boozer but have kept an open mind and with his performance on the court, I have nothing to complain about. This team has the potential to do something special. Let's stand behind the team. Yeah and he's no Malone and D-Will isn't Stockton either. Let's move forward. This is our team, this is our year!

• No Red Hen
    Feb. 8, 2010 4:22 p.m.

Kaman has been playing his hardest on a pathetic team for the past couple of years. I agree with the choice for sake of playing for bball 100% and not for a contract. If Boozer had two solid years of producing then we could discuss this but he doesn't deserve anything with good play now but hasn't been noticed the past two years or so

• Better Choice
    Feb. 8, 2010 4:28 p.m.

Boozer may have some good numbers on the season but he seems to disappear against the better teams and players.

I believe he is a negative for the Jazz and that they will be a better teams when he is gone. He is not going to get a lot better at this stage in his career and I think we have seen the best of him as he plays hard this year trying to get traded to another team and to get a big contract.

The fact he was willing to be traded to a worse team so he could make more money tells me all I need to know about his heart and competitive drive.

• Anonymous
    Feb. 8, 2010 4:42 p.m.

I totally agree with all of you.

• Just one
    Feb. 8, 2010 5:05 p.m.

All we need is one great season from Boozer and this is it. If we get a championship, that's all I need.

• Trowe
    Feb. 8, 2010 5:09 p.m.

Booser has been great for the Jazz. This is his 3rd year with all star numbers. Career for the Jazz he is averaging 19.2 and 10.4 in his career with the Jazz. He's had 3 all-star like seasons (including this year). Averaging better than 20 and 10 in the playoffs...When healthy, he is one of the elite power forwards. He didn't get selected because the NBA knows about his "I'm going to get a pay-raise" comments. The Jazz are selling his jersey for 50% off, the NBA isn't buying. That being said, if Melo can't go, I think he still might get in. How does the 3rd place team not get 2 players?

• louisiana jazz man
    Feb. 8, 2010 5:19 p.m.

who dat

• Glad
    Feb. 8, 2010 5:40 p.m.

Glad a Blazer is not getting replaced by a stupid, sel'fish' Jazz player..

• Really
    Feb. 8, 2010 6:48 p.m.

I'm not sure how you can say the jazz are a better team. The only player that can create his own shot is Boozer as Williams is usually hesistant and the others lack the ability (Okur's post game is a joke). Maybe we'd be better defensively but someone has to put points in the basket. I don't like his attitude sometimes but the fact is he is a good ball player and its not like there are many better replacements.

• LC
    Feb. 8, 2010 7:19 p.m.

Even ESPN's John Hollinger---who knows a lot more about basketball than any of you---says that it was "inexcusable" to put Kaman in over Boozer.

Seriously, if we lose Boozer it would be one of the biggest mistakes our franchise could make. He's too good offensively.

• Awesome
    Feb. 8, 2010 8:08 p.m.

Jazz don't deserve even one guy in the game. Simple as that really, FACT. Go Nuggets!

• sparks24
    Feb. 8, 2010 8:11 p.m.

You posters who think Boozer is a Loser need to find another sport to follow cause you don't know carp about this one.

• tom
    Feb. 8, 2010 8:47 p.m.

who ever said that no jazz player deserves to be an all star well then ya might wanna start watching them play some,the whole team deserves to be there as all-stars

• King
    Feb. 8, 2010 10:31 p.m.

If Melo can't go
    than AK47 should be his replacement
    LOL BOOOOOZ

• mario
    Feb. 8, 2010 11:25 p.m.

Boozer is having a great season no doubt about it, but if Utah could bring in somebody like Andre Iguodala or Kevin Martin you trade him. Milsap is more than ready to step in. A wing player like Andre could put Utah over the top.

• Anonymous
    Feb. 9, 2010 2:16 a.m.

Boozer should play with a chip on his shoulder the rest of the season

• Anonymous
    Feb. 9, 2010 5:02 a.m.

The Jazz need more wing players? Really?

If they trade their best scorer when it looks like they have a shot at a championship, even an outside shot, well, there are lots of good college basketball teams in Utah. I'll boycott all things Jazz indefinitely.

• Anonymous
    Feb. 9, 2010 6:22 a.m.

the booz has fooled alot of you. He's playing well this season just to raise is credibility for a big contract next season. In reality, he's lazy and has no motivation except his own paycheck. He's not an all-star. And I will be happy when he's gone!

He's playing the same game he did when the season before the Jazz brought him in. Don't fall for his lies!

• Not Asleep
    Feb. 9, 2010 8:41 a.m.

Did I read correctly that the Jazz have been talking to teams? quoted: 'The Jazz are talking to a lot of teams about Boozer but we're not one of them,' the official said."

Maybe my eyes are deceiving me but Boozer seems to be adding to the chemistry of this team now whereas before that was my main complaint-- sure he scored a lot of points but he didn't seem to "add to the team." Previously, my observation was that DWill and Booz would go into their tandem thing and the rest of the team didn't know what to do. That seems to have changed. Anyone agree with that? If so, then does trading Boozer not seem like a good idea anymore?

• Chris Kaman is Solid
    Feb. 9, 2010 9:17 a.m.

For those who havent seen him play much this year Chris Kaman is the real deal. His shooting percentage is sick and the his numbers are one of the best, if not the best for a center. To compare Boozer and Kamans numbers isnt right, they play totally different positions.

There are also reports that he worked out all offseason to improve his conditioning. He's a professional.

• re kaman solid
    Feb. 9, 2010 10:07 a.m.

Good job sir! Kaman is indeed the real deal. He plays hard and keeps his mouth shut.. stocktonese if u ask me. Stern did the right thing. Hollinger must have his beer goggles on to select boozer. But then again, where's his credibility, a couple weeks ago he said the jazz were better than the lakers. Ha! In my dreams!

All of you people who love the booze so much really have me wondering. He doesn't care about you! If the jazz offer him a contract lower than he gets elsewhere do you really think he'd stay? This is his 6th year with this team and you all are touting his three years of all star stats....shouldn't we have more than that? Ooh yeah, he's been sitting hurt most of the time
    Booze=cancer.
    The only cure for cancer is to remove it!

• RE: Kaman solid
    Feb. 9, 2010 11:17 a.m.

Boozer and Kaman play the same position - power forward. Boozer is shooting 54% this year, Kaman is shooting 50% - both awesome. They have similiar points and rebound numbers per game (very COMPARE-able!)and their free throw % is similar.

I'd love to see Kaman in a Jazz uniform, because he is a solid player. But, he is not as gifted athletically and boozer can create better shots for himself, even when double-teamed.

If we are looking for scoring and a chance to get hot and win a championship, Boozer gives us a (slightly) better shot.

• Batman
    Feb. 9, 2010 1:16 p.m.

Kaman deserves it more. He didn't spend his off season dissing his boss and teamates. Stats only account for so much, and Boozer is a disengenious jerk. I for one am hoping the Jazz still trade him, but wouldn't hold my breath. Yes, he is playing well, but no he still doesn't want to be in Utah in part because his wife doesn't want to be here. He won't be next year because we all know the wife gets what she wants. Trade him for something while you still can.

• Chadders
    Feb. 9, 2010 3:01 p.m.

I hope AK takes the All-Star snub to go off tonight as I have him on my fantasy bball team, I have Kaman and Baron too. Boozer will not go off, that would require heart and pride in what you do. He has neither.

• Brandon
    Feb. 9, 2010 4:47 p.m.

Why does everyone act they had an inside on what was going on with Boozer in the offseason? Sure he has a history of injuries.. The Jazz told him he was going to be traded! He was looking for the best trade for him with his agent! But when he found out he was staying he got to work! And he has been the most consistent this year! I think we need to trade a couple wing players for Brendan Haywood from Washington and that will be a championship contender.. If we get rid of Booz right now, I dont like our chances