Utah Jazz: Boozer, Brewer both miss practice due to injuries

Comments

• Butch
    Feb. 2, 2010 12:32 p.m.

I love the headline to this story. Boozer, Brewer both miss practice. On first glance, it makes me laugh thinking maybe the two went out for a night on the town.

• As I predicted
    Feb. 2, 2010 12:43 p.m.

Millsap was no match for Dirk defensively. In the 3rd quarter Dirk shot and scored over Millsap at will.

Boozer is too short and Millsap is even shorter.

Not until the longer AK was put on Dirk in the 4th did we put the wraps on Dirk.

That all works out nicely when you are playing softies like Dallas but when you get TALLER/BIGGER and PHYSICAL players who bang then AK nor Millsap will be able to adequately guard them. Millsap too short and AK too light.

You all know the teams I am talking about. AT the end of the day those are the teams we have to beat in the playoffs in order to accomplish something that matters.

The Jazz are playing great right now so I am interested to see how they fare against Denver this Saturday.

Denver has beat us to a pulp so far this season and we get dominated inside.

Honestly though? Although I am a Boozer fan I hope he does not come back against Denver. Take a look at his stats against Denver...it like Okurs stats on the road.

Lets stick with this group and see how they fare.

• Houdini
    Feb. 2, 2010 12:43 p.m.

You`d better get back soon Carlos or Millsap`s gonna yo job

• Random Thought
    Feb. 2, 2010 12:50 p.m.

Instead of trading gimpy Boozer why don't we trade Okur and Miles to San Antonio for Richard Jefferson. Experts are saying that Jefferson is not fitting in there and San Antonio would love to add a stretch big like Okur to clear space for Parker and Ginolibli to work their magic. This would create some flexability in the Jazz front court. They could either sign and trade boozer or trade milsap in the off season for another big or use the Knicks pick to draft the quality defensive big that we have been missing. Jazz need to make a move because this team will not beet LA or Denver in the playoffs. If Jefferson doesn't work out he and Kirilenko will be big expiring contacts for the coming season to move if necessary. What do you think?

• Phil
    Feb. 2, 2010 12:54 p.m.

When Boozer decides his sore leg is better - Saturday or two months from now - he should just "swag" over to the bench and admire Millsap's game from there.

• todd to random thought
    Feb. 2, 2010 1:14 p.m.

Do not like it. What makes you think Popovich would ever go for that. Okur is not a Spur Type Player. If the jazz acquired someone like Haywood that would help greatly. Nene has improved but he is still soft. The Jazz score enough points, it is all what the defense and protecting the paint are the differences

• Amare
    Feb. 2, 2010 1:22 p.m.

• re:phil
    Feb. 2, 2010 1:25 p.m.

Boozer doesn't have a "sore" leg. Its not like he is tired or something. Have you ever had a pulled or strained muscle??? They take time to heel, its not like you just go out and play and hope for the best.

We need Boozer; players get hurt, he has only missed 2 games.

• Michael
    Feb. 2, 2010 1:27 p.m.

Not really a big Jefferson fan. That trade would leave the Jazz even smaller then they already are. We have plenty of wings, and not enough size or length. Also, why help out the Spurs? Bad trade all around. Who are you going to start at center? Fesenko?

• Booooozer
    Feb. 2, 2010 1:29 p.m.

Boozer always just takes his time when hurt. After watching Carl Malone over the years work through injury after injury it is just hard to take the Boo-hoo-zer work ethic without feeling he is in it for just himself. No wonder no one wants a trade for him!

• @as i prediceted
    Feb. 2, 2010 1:32 p.m.

you seem to think you are pretty smart for saying that Millsap can't guard Dirk. Here is a little newsflash for you, NO ONE can guard Dirk.

--------
    I don't want Booze coming back against the Nuggets cause I doubt he'll be 100%. While I believe Booze at 100% is better than Millsap 100%, Booze at 75% isn't as good as Millsap (as evidenced by the end of last years season...even though at that point Millsap wasn't 100%, he admitted he was tired and worn down) If Booze gets 15-20 minutes he'll help out, but I'm afraid he'll get 30+ minutes while Millsap could have done more.

But what do I know? Sloan knows best, he'll handle the situation.

• Anonymous
    Feb. 2, 2010 1:45 p.m.

Its Karl and Carl!

• Stick to the present squad
    Feb. 2, 2010 1:55 p.m.

for the next two games....we do better with it for some reason...and that reason is Boooooozer. He does better on the bench. Until trade time, the present squad will prevail as they have done. AK is back in true form for sure. Watched Fez for a minute as he missed a dunk and make a turnover all within it seemed, one minute! He probably is losing his skills sitting on the pine for so long, or he will not develop. I wonder which is ture.?????

• Houdini
    Feb. 2, 2010 2:16 p.m.

You`d better get back soon Carlos or CJ's gonna yo job

• I hope
    Feb. 2, 2010 3:06 p.m.

this isn'tone of those 100% things with boozer!

• re: Amare
    Feb. 2, 2010 3:08 p.m.

you said:

"Boozer has been great this year but I would still LOVE to see some form of a Boozer/Amare Stoudemire swap. D-Will and Stoudemire teaming up is an exciting thought, and it would put a legit post defender on the Jazz. Not to mention the powerful force on the offensive end he would bring.

I just don't even know how to respond to this....other than state the fact that Amare currently does not DEFEND ANYTHING and is not any better than Booz. Offensively he only produces 1.8 ppg more than Booz but you lose a couple of rebounds over what Boozer delivers.

I guess we could pick up Amares more expensive contract though and pay an additional $4 million more than Boozer for......well......nothing in return.

Genius.

Great ideas just flow around here don't they.

• re: as i prediceted
    Feb. 2, 2010 3:16 p.m.

you said:

"He's 7 feet tall and can move and shoot like a guard. AK's hand in his face isn't going to do anything."

Except for the fact that Dirk himself said AK made it very difficult for him to even get the ball.

Oh yes and how many points did Dirk score in the 4th when JERRY SWITCHED MILLAP OFF AND AK GUARDED HIM INSTEAD?

From espn:

"Kirilenko shadowed Dallas star Dirk Nowitzki in the fourth quarter, holding him without a field-goal attempt and limiting him to just two points after he scored 14 of his 28 points in the third."

"They just stepped up their pressure in the fourth. I couldn't get any looks," Nowitzki said. "I barely had the ball in my hands."

Clearly nobody can stop or slow down Dirk.....right?

Thanks for that insight....even though it clearly was proven to be wrong in last nights game.

Dirk went off over Millsap...NOT OVER AK.

• The Truth
    Feb. 2, 2010 3:22 p.m.

Miles are you messing with Houdini today?? or is it more of the same lame Houdini posts? Hopefully Brewer is back for Wed. game, as he has been a steady influence lately. Who of the three amigos is going to step up the next game? I'm thinking it's Korvers turn...

• re: Amare
    Feb. 2, 2010 3:36 p.m.

Did you ever stop to think why they are trying to get rid of Amare?

He is clearly not producing commensurate with his salary. He is discontent and stirring things up in the locker room.

Boozer?

He has been near a model citizen this season I think. Due to his big mouth in the past he put himself in a tough situation but he has been a consumate professional this season and done nothing but perform...and even his defense has improved.

Better the devil you know than the devil you don't.

I 'll stick with Boozer thankyou very much.

• Pork Nunly
    Feb. 2, 2010 3:45 p.m.

Booz is SOFT pedals dump his big fat...............CONTRACT!

• Blloooz
    Feb. 2, 2010 4:26 p.m.

Fakin' the hammy agane!

• Anonymous
    Feb. 2, 2010 5:21 p.m.

Trade Boozer!!!!!! Millsap plays better when he starts!!! Dont know who to trade for maybe a big and a shooter?

• bain
    Feb. 2, 2010 5:29 p.m.

Booze, I am from Juneau and I think you are doing great! I used to cheer-on my wrestling sons at JD High,now I gladly pay to watch you! Keep up the good work, good luck!!

• Anonymous
    Feb. 2, 2010 7:25 p.m.

What do you Amare fans thinking. Boozer is a better ALL around player then Amare. Amare is aweful at defense. But on the other hand i wouldnt mind having him and booz along side of each other.

• Doug
    Feb. 2, 2010 8:06 p.m.

Todd seems to have it right today.

Most teams are struggling financially. In seasons past players that are available such as Bosh, LeBron, Amare, Boozer, DWade would have been snapped up and been members of franchises like the Knicks or Lakers as historically they are used to buying championships. This year all bets are off.

the salary cap has teams perplexed and so you have players like TMac very much available but owners are counting their shekels and wondering how competitive they really have to be.

The Jazz are very fortunate to have 2 all stars on their team plus a great supporting cast. Only teams like the Lakers have 3-4 very high quality players. Were the Jazz to trade they need to find someone of the higer caliber and beyond the names already mentioned here the pool of great players gets really shallow in a hurry.

The Jazz have proven they can score with anyone in the league, and they have been sucessful lately in defending as well but they still would love to have help inside on defense. There are few players that could help the Jazz and fewer yet that would consider playing for them.

• Beasley
    Feb. 2, 2010 10:01 p.m.

would help but what can you give to get him?

• todd to doug
    Feb. 2, 2010 10:27 p.m.

Doug, I will admit something. I admit I was pretty upset in the off season watching all these players change to other teams and we did not make a move.

The more I am watching the majority of these players that have been moved either through the stats, info on these pages or watching games on the computer with League Pass, the LESS I AM IMPRESSED WITH THESE GUYS and find no BIG DIFFERENCE the majority of the time I check it out.

I would agreee a good selective trade would be good. You at least have admitted the same along with Jesse and some others.

Example: Richard Jefferson

what has he done little

Tyson Chandler?

Injured or Little

Andre Miller?

One lucky game of 52 points, 7 out of 10 games bad or indifferent

so little

Gorcat

Ho Hum

Okafor?

After slow start and looking out of place in New Orleans he has come on. Maybe he is the one I regret not getting. i think with him we would be 2nd behind the Lakers

Bosh?

He is good-how much better than Booz though?

Stoudamire?

You can have him

• Anonymous
    Feb. 3, 2010 2:25 a.m.

I'd like to see them trade Okur for a big defense-oriented center and resign Boozer. Against most teams, play Boozer at center, Millsap at PF, Kirilenko at SF. Against teams that are too big for that line-up, play the defense minded center and rotate the other three. Won't happen, but I think it would be a better team.

• comma man
    Feb. 3, 2010 12:32 p.m.

Miles is the best player in the world,better than kobe,better than lebron,

• STEVE-O
    Feb. 3, 2010 4:19 p.m.

Write it down people... I get this feeling the Jazz are going to trade for someone before the deadline! I just have a gut feeling.