Utah

Utah Jazz: Heartthrob status doesn't suit 'Thinker' Korver

Comments

• don't
    May 2, 2008 1:18 a.m.

Don't "think," don't flirt, but for heavens sake, MAKE A BASKET!

• Erik
    May 2, 2008 2:03 a.m.

Well, I don't think I'll be naming my kids after him, but I am glad he is on the Jazz...and so are my wife and 14 year old daughter. He seems like he has his head on strait, and is humble and sincere, unlike most of the players that hit the hardwood in the NBA, ie. Kobe. He's a great fit for the Jazz and coach Sloan's system. I look forward to many years, watching him drain the 3's and playing tenacious D.

• Just great
    May 2, 2008 3:31 a.m.

Look. I think it's awesome Korver's good looking and a good guy and a humble and what not.

But he had better hit a bunch of 3-pointers tonight if I personally am going to like him.

C'mon, Kyle, it's time a hot streak.

• Birdman
    May 2, 2008 5:45 a.m.

Hang in there, Kyle. I know exactly what you're going through.

• What I think
    May 2, 2008 5:46 a.m.

I watch the Jazz from time to time with my husband and the question posted in this article has some sense to it because I jab my husband and I comment to him about Korver being a nice looking young man. He's also an awesome player. A definate plus for the team!

• russ
    May 2, 2008 6:07 a.m.

Where did he go to college?

• Anonymous
    May 2, 2008 7:48 a.m.

Kyle I am tired of hearing about you from my mother and girlfriend! Good luck man!

• dokokana
    May 2, 2008 7:53 a.m.

Hmmm. Isn't Ashton Kutcher from Iowa, too? Coincidence? we think not!

• School Russ
    May 2, 2008 8:05 a.m.

He went to Creighton. His little brother played at Drake last year.

• Read the story, Russ
    May 2, 2008 8:19 a.m.

He went to Creighton.
    Korver's appeal to certain demographics, including old ladies, is also what is keeping David Archeleta on American Idol.
    Go Klyle, Go Jazz!!!!!

• russ
    May 2, 2008 8:28 a.m.

Sorry to have missed the Creighton part. Not enough coffee yet.

I pull for the Jazz!!

• We don't care
    May 2, 2008 8:53 a.m.

All Jazz fans care about is his ability to hit 3 pointers - and he has missed his last 7
    Go Jazz

• Me
    May 2, 2008 8:53 a.m.

We like him because he has the kind of image we would like to see in more professional ball players. Clean cut, has values and a desire to share his wealth with those less fortunate. He's like watching what we all dreamed would be role models our kids would look up too. Unlike so many obnixious punks out there, I believe he truly loves the game and would rather avoid the attention. Thats a true role model..

GO JAZZ

• Go Jazz
    May 2, 2008 9:07 a.m.

At least quote the sign correctly. Two Older women with a sign "Why go for two when you can go for three" The actual sign was "Why go for three when you can go for two" The actual sign is funny your qoute makes no sense.

• Who cares!
    May 2, 2008 9:06 a.m.

Who cares what he looks like. Just hit your shots dude!

• Amen to Me
    May 2, 2008 9:47 a.m.

Thanks, he is what Stockton and Hornacez were when the Jazz had some family value players. Glad to see one back without tattoos all over and a bad attitude.

• Get focused it's the playoffs
    May 2, 2008 9:54 a.m.

You need to focus on playing well and winning.I personally think we would have been better sticking with C.J. Miles, especially with the way you've been playing in the playoffs. Lets see you hit some shots man!!Go Korver go!!!!

• HSM
    May 2, 2008 10:22 a.m.

Everytime I see Kyle I can't help but wait for him to break out in song and dance and sing a HSM song.

Get your head in the game!

Kyle, bring home a chanpionship like Troy did.

• Amen
    May 2, 2008 10:26 a.m.

Amen to the comment early....Korver could look like the dude on goonies and I would worship the ground he walked on if he just started finally hitting some threes.

• zacharley
    May 2, 2008 10:29 a.m.

GO JAZZ!!!! If you think they all love you now, think what it be like when you win tonight!!!!

• Replacement
    May 2, 2008 10:29 a.m.

I think a lot of his popularity, at least initially, wasn't just because of who he is, but for who he isn't. He is not Gorden Giricek. Jazz fans were just happy that Gircek was gone and someone new was here to take his place.

• California
    May 2, 2008 10:35 a.m.

Hey Kyle,
    Keep your brains, wits, values, and game abilities
    intact. Learn more, adjust well to Utah Jazz, and play great games!!!

• Greg
    May 2, 2008 10:49 a.m.

I've heard Karl Malone was known to refuse to sign autographs from time to time. And Stockton didn't seem the most fan-friendly, in that it seemed like he just wanted to be left alone.

• proselyte
    May 2, 2008 10:59 a.m.

Wow. I never watch the Jazz, but after reading this article, I think I'll tune in and watch the handsome tall guy, hoping he'll get lots of play time.

I think I'll also buy some jerseys and a pair of Jazz tickets. While at the game, I will purchase two refreshing beverages and over-cooked hot dogs.

All those other reporters who asked the embarrassing questions were low-brow, shame on them, but this DN reporter really took the high road and avoided all that nonsense.

• JazzMan
    May 2, 2008 11:00 a.m.

I still cannot believe we picked up Kyle for Giricek. The first time i saw it, I though it was a joke. What were they thinking? The funny thing is that now Phili is admittingly looking for a shooter....oops!

• Korver's free throw shooting
    May 2, 2008 11:48 a.m.

What I love about this guy is when it's a close game down the stretch and the other team is going to foul, who gets the ball? Korver. I don't think I've seen him miss one free throw all year.
    His 3 point shooting is streaky, he shoots too many contested 3's, but you gotta love a guy that can knock down a free throw down the stretch.

• Least of my Brethren
    May 2, 2008 12:12 p.m.

With what you can learn about his example of living one's faith, and how much of that comes from his parents' example, you begin to understand that it really doesn't matter how many 3's he drains, it matters how many lives he inspires and touches. It has become known indirectly that those he gives a large portion of his wealth are instructed to not say anything about it publicly. "Let not the Right hand know what the Left is doing"... that sort of thing. I only hope I can be equally inspired to live my faith in actions, not words. :-)

• wow
    May 2, 2008 12:34 p.m.

wow cant believe male jazz fans commented on this article.

• I agree with the freethrow comme
    May 2, 2008 1:14 p.m.

I agree with the freethrow comment. I don't care if he can make 3's, if he can make his freethrows, I'm a fan. I wish all Jazz players were as solid at the freethrow line as Kyle. It would make EVERYTHING much easier.

• Bill
    May 2, 2008 1:47 p.m.

Kyle's a good guy. He could teach John Stockton a thing or two about not being a jerk to people. Thanks for the memories John. On the court you were great to watch. Off the court you were an a-hole.

• Dig
    May 2, 2008 1:51 p.m.

I totally Dig Kyle Korver and I'm a dude.

He's sooooo dreamy!

• NO GAME
    May 2, 2008 2:29 p.m.

He has no game but at least some stupid ladies will keep him going. Korver just hit some shots, your femanine side means nothing on the scoreboard.

• Re: HSM
    May 2, 2008 2:32 p.m.

That is the funniest thing I have heard all week.

• Old Port
    May 2, 2008 2:33 p.m.

Please stop with all this...you are making him soft; he needs to be FIERCE!

• jtm
    May 2, 2008 2:39 p.m.

Just win baby!

• Bob
    May 2, 2008 2:48 p.m.

Doug,
    You certainly went to great lengths to describe the cut of his hair. It seemed to (dare I say) inspire the writer in you. I personally think he looks more like Hillary Swank on steroids than Ashton Kutcher.

• Babe!!
    May 2, 2008 5:02 p.m.

I'm a dude. Korver is a male Babe!!! If I had hair like that I wouldn't live in Utah County.

I hope this article doesn't ruin his game tonight because he's thinking about his sexy hair!

GO JAZZ!!!!

GO JAZZ!!!!

• He's white
    May 3, 2008 1:40 a.m.

Admit it. That's the real reason you all love him.
    10 points per game backup and he sells more jerseys than anyone. Go figure.

• ........LUSTY,.........
    May 3, 2008 8:57 p.m.

Korver,..i know from a teenage girl this may seem like another annoying fan mail. But korver you are an amazing person and the inspiration for your charities and your humility is a strong fulfilling characteristic. Korver (i will admit it) you have the most amazing hair and yes you are my dream guy. Soooooooo stay as you are,...and go as far as i know and believe you will. I hope this is an okay peice of mail even though i know you probably wont read this. thank you for your inspiration Korver,...and for koming to the most amazazazazing team in the NBA franchise. THE UTAH JAZZ!!!

GO JAZZ!! GO ALL THE WAY LIKE I BELIEVE YOU WILL!!!

• Emma Royd
    May 4, 2008 8:42 a.m.

He's the hottest guy in the NBA right now. I'm just glad we've got him in Utah!

• PhillyGuy
    May 4, 2008 11:28 a.m.

He was never the second most popular sixer. He was seen as a weird looking Ashton Kutcher for a couple of months here but the teeny-bopper love never really took off here like it did in caucasion Utah. In Philly we don't go crazy for a bench player who can't play defense.

• Anonymous
    May 5, 2008 9:44 p.m.

How do you contact Kyle Korver?

• Janet Krisp
    June 16, 2008 12:59 p.m.

o.k. i have seen so many girls fall for him. and i'll admit i am not totally innocent but i cant get over one thing. Why does everybody say he looks like ashton! i dont see it! it is crazy and an insult (kinda) he is awesome and i feel bad for all the trouble he has with all this "heartthob stuff" -

• Kathy
    June 22, 2008 6:25 p.m.

Kyle was raised with high morals and a love for God. He is the billboard we want our children to live by.