SALT LAKE CITY — An electrical fire sparked in a family's living room damaged a two-story house Wednesday.

Neighbors reported the fire at 2321 S. 800 East just after 2 p.m. Wednesday, said Salt Lake fire spokesman Jasen Asay. Fire crews arrived in minutes, spotting smoke and flames through a window in the home. No one was inside the house at the time of the fire.

Salt Lake City Building Services have yet to determine when the residents — a husband and wife with their young baby — will be able to re-occupy the home.

Fire damage was contained to the living room, although smoke and water damage occurred throughout the home, Asay said. About 25 firefighters battled the blaze. No damage estimate was available.