"Head, heart, hands and health" has been the motto 4-H youth have followed for 100 years. The group stretches across the nation and strives to create opportunities to learn, gain confidence and develop leadership skills. Utah 4-H extension programs and camps provide diverse experiences, taking kids to the farmyard and beyond.
• ATV Safety: Participate in an ATV Boot Camp or certification program, or arrange for a workshop in your area.
• GPS and GIS: Learn to use GPS technology, and then put it into practice with GIS community mapping.
• Horse program: Work with horses and learn about equine science and care. Options available for youth who have horses and those who don't.
• Jr. Livestock Program: For youth who have access to livestock and those who do not. Participate in educational meetings, county and state fairs, judging contests and more.
• Jr. Master Gardener: A hands-on approach to learning about horticulture at a variety of levels.
• Robotics: One of 4-H's newest programs, get the chance to design, build and program robots using Lego MindStorm building kits and RoboLab software.
For more information on programs in Utah, see utah4h.org.