TEMPE, Ariz. — No fireworks for the Utes.

But there was a fire.

In Utah's 37-7 loss to Arizona State, Saturday, the lone spark occurred in the press box. As the game was ending, an alarm sounded. Shortly after, team officials informed the media that the facility needed to be evacuated.

ASU publicity personnel said smoke caused by a small fire in the catering equipment set the alarms going. Media members were allowed to return after about 15 minutes.

No one was injured and no damage was reported at press time.

email: rock@desnews.com