1898 — Col. Charles Edwin Loose donates land for a playground at Provo's new Maeser School.

1910 — Loose donates more land, on condition it remain a playground or revert to his heirs.

1957 — Parking lot, gym and cafeteria built on portion of the playground.

2002 — Maeser Elementary School closed.

2004 — Provo Housing Authority buys school and land for $750,000.

2005 — Authority begins $5.2 million project to rebuild school as senior housing.

2006 — Loose's handwritten deeds surface, clouding ownership of land.

2007 — Loose heirs settle, clearing renovation project.